2019-2020 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Members don't see this ad.

PSA, there's a new MSAR-akin tool for DO schools now that's free to use. Figured I should share! Good luck everyone this cycle!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
just got an email saying my app was received and that secondaries will be sent out on an ongoing basis starting mid-august

Anyone know the average MCAT for this school?
I've heard they put a lot of weight on MCAT at this school. If you have a sub 500 I wouldn't apply unless you have some crazy circumstances that lead to the sub 500

Attachments

• 3AA6BE3C-A244-47BA-977B-DA7FC017E6BF.jpeg
    3AA6BE3C-A244-47BA-977B-DA7FC017E6BF.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 392
Secondary invite email today

can you apply to both campuses or just the one you select under the academic plan section?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone else having issue writing where the essay question goes? There is no place to do it. Sent to my personal computer and will try again tonight.

anyone else having issue writing where the essay question goes? There is no place to do it. Sent to my personal computer and will try again tonight.
Exactly the same issue. The documents seem to be protected. I called the admissions they said "other people have been able to do it". That was their help :mad: Please let me know if you find a solution.

Ok I just emailed them and they sent me a document that works.

On the application for Touro it states to upload a resume unless you're an undergraduate student. However #1 on the supplemental it says not to upload documents (resume, unofficial transcripts, immunizations, etc). Which one is it?

Exactly the same issue. The documents seem to be protected. I called the admissions they said "other people have been able to do it". That was their help :mad: Please let me know if you find a solution.

So I was having this issue, but then I read #3 on the supplemental application. If you save the file as a PDF and then reconvert the PDF to word, you should be able to add in your essay.

So I was having this issue, but then I read #3 on the supplemental application. If you save the file as a PDF and then reconvert the PDF to word, you should be able to add in your essay.
That or print the PDF as a PDF. The copy won't have any protections and you can insert a text box.

Off campus housing for Touro Middletown, don't live in the dorms...

On the application for Touro it states to upload a resume unless you're an undergraduate student. However #1 on the supplemental it says not to upload documents (resume, unofficial transcripts, immunizations, etc). Which one is it?
I would like to know as well

I would like to know as well

Do not upload any documentation they don't ask for.

• Since we rely on the recommendations that had been sent to AACOMAS or Interfolio etc., in the LOR section, just add the names, list the letter as being delivered offline, save and proceed. Any recommendation received on the e-application will not be reviewed.
Just list the names of the LORs that fulfill the requirement

Also, make sure you didn't upload your transcripts or any documentation to the electronic secondary
  • You are not required to submit your immunizations or official transcripts at this time, please do not submit any paperwork unless you have been requested to do so.

Straight from the downloaded supplemental application
  1. Although the ApplyYourself e-application will have prompts to upload various documents (e.g., a resume, immunization forms, unofficial transcripts), do not upload these documents or any other document to the e-application.
I got the complete email today, Sent as PDF and followed the above instructions.

Do not upload any documentation they don't ask for.

• Since we rely on the recommendations that had been sent to AACOMAS or Interfolio etc., in the LOR section, just add the names, list the letter as being delivered offline, save and proceed. Any recommendation received on the e-application will not be reviewed.
Just list the names of the LORs that fulfill the requirement

Also, make sure you didn't upload your transcripts or any documentation to the electronic secondary
  • You are not required to submit your immunizations or official transcripts at this time, please do not submit any paperwork unless you have been requested to do so.

Straight from the downloaded supplemental application
  1. Although the ApplyYourself e-application will have prompts to upload various documents (e.g., a resume, immunization forms, unofficial transcripts), do not upload these documents or any other document to the e-application.
I got the complete email today, Sent as PDF and followed the above instructions.

I called them about the resume and they stated they don't care if I upload my resume or not. They were worried about formatting issues, which is why they don't want anything uploaded onto the e-application. The supplemental and e-application were misleading, which was why the issue came up.

I called them about the resume and they stated they don't care if I upload my resume or not. They were worried about formatting issues, which is why they don't want anything uploaded onto the e-application. The supplemental and e-application were misleading, which was why the issue came up.

Everything on my resume is in my application! The email containing the link to the secondary had specific instructions.

Is it okay to copy and paste my personal statement from AACOMAS into Middletown personal statement? This is a weird "secondary".

Is it okay to copy and paste my personal statement from AACOMAS into Middletown personal statement? This is a weird "secondary".
The instructions specifically say not to do that lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Was anyone with a Mac able to use the supplemental application? I got an email saying it was updated but I am still struggling to.

Was anyone with a Mac able to use the supplemental application? I got an email saying it was updated but I am still struggling to.
I used adobe acrobat pro to edit the pdf. You can start a 7 day free trial and cancel it if need be.

I used adobe acrobat pro to edit the pdf. You can start a 7 day free trial and cancel it if need be.
Okay thanks. If you uploaded the recommendations through aacomas do you still have to input the names on the secondary?

Okay thanks. If you uploaded the recommendations through aacomas do you still have to input the names on the secondary?
Just the names I believe. And select letter delivered offline if you are submitting through AACOMAS

Last edited by a moderator:
All of these questions are answered by reading the supplemental file you have to download.

Reactions: 1 users
Interview confirmed for 9/9 good luck to everyone!