2019-2020 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where you previously waitlisted?
No, I wasn’t. I thought I was going to get a rejection since it had been so long since I heard from them.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted today, interviewed March 2nd, hopefully some movement. No harm in sending a LOI.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone committed to this school wanna make an unofficial Facebook group or anything just to chat amongst this chaos and get to know each other? Don't know when they'll make the official page.

Sent from my MI 9 using SDN mobile

did anyone who was on high alternate waitlist get an acceptance yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the difference between a high alternate waitlist vs just waitlist? This is the first that I'm hearing that there was even a high alternate list that existed for this school.

Reactions: 2 users
they emailed me after the interview stating that they had put me on a high alternate list.

Is this for Touro Middletown in New York? Or a different Touro campus? I think Frank repeated several times during my interview day that Touro Middletown doesn't disclose waitlist numbers or rank

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone was thinking about living in the dorms, or if anyone who has lived in them could give us some insight as to what they're like/if you recommend living there or not? Thanks!

Hi, I was told that the waitlist may have experienced some movement. Can anyone confirm?

Hi, I was told that the waitlist may have experienced some movement. Can anyone confirm?

I got an email this morning saying that here hasn't really been movement, and they typically don't see it until mid-late May

HI i Interview back in December and was waitlisted. I never did anything after. Any suggestions on what i should do, maybe send a letter of interest? Someone there had said that if touro Middletown is full students on the waitlist are sometimes picked up by the harlem campus. is there any validity to that?

HI i Interview back in December and was waitlisted. I never did anything after. Any suggestions on what i should do, maybe send a letter of interest? Someone there had said that if touro Middletown is full students on the waitlist are sometimes picked up by the harlem campus. is there any validity to that?

I sent a letter of intent with a few application updates. A letter of interest doesn’t hurt but ultimately can come across as meaningless. Of course you’re interested, you applied and attended the interview! The letter of intent is probably much the same since it’s not binding but at least comes across with more conviction. I therefore believe updates are the most valuable, because they imply continued interest and add to your application.

Also I’m not an expert but I find it hard to believe Harlem would take leftover Middletown applicants as Harlem is considered the more desirable location. So if anything, it would be the reverse. But it doesn’t seem like any medical school is ever short of people to fill seats from their own applicant pool.

I sent a letter of intent with a few application updates. A letter of interest doesn’t hurt but ultimately can come across as meaningless. Of course you’re interested, you applied and attended the interview! The letter of intent is probably much the same since it’s not binding but at least comes across with more conviction. I therefore believe updates are the most valuable, because they imply continued interest and add to your application.

Also I’m not an expert but I find it hard to believe Harlem would take leftover Middletown applicants as Harlem is considered the more desirable location. So if anything, it would be the reverse. But it doesn’t seem like any medical school is ever short of people to fill seats from their own applicant pool.
Harlem is only more desirable to some. Many have no interest in living in that location, or NYC in general.

Just out of curiosity, for incoming Touro students, do you guys think we’ll have virtual learning for the first two months at least? I don’t see NY being stabilized enough by July to start in person classes.

Anyone had any luck with getting off the waitlist recently?

Just out of curiosity, for incoming Touro students, do you guys think we’ll have virtual learning for the first two months at least? I don’t see NY being stabilized enough by July to start in person classes.
I think we will have in-person class. I am not sure that all schools will, but I find it hard to believe that they will continue online education for medical schools. Having dissection and clinical skills is pretty important...

I think we will have in-person class. I am not sure that all schools will, but I find it hard to believe that they will continue online education for medical schools. Having dissection and clinical skills is pretty important...
Touro is basically an online school. There are no in-person lectures. "Apparently" they have mandatory clickers which takes up your whole week. Talked to a current student stating it's very non-traditional.

Touro is basically an online school. There are no in-person lectures. "Apparently" they have mandatory clickers which takes up your whole week. Talked to a current student stating it's very non-traditional.
I'm aware of the class setup as I am matriculating in the fall. Touro has flipped classroom, meaning pre-recorded lectures, and interactive clicker sessions. What you're forgetting is OSCES, clinical skills, cadaver lab are all on campus. There is no replacement. So Touro isn't basically an online school, it's a residential school with a flipped classroom style.

I'm aware of the class setup as I am matriculating in the fall. Touro has flipped classroom, meaning pre-recorded lectures, and interactive clicker sessions. What you're forgetting is OSCES, clinical skills, cadaver lab are all on campus. There is no replacement. So Touro isn't basically an online school, it's a residential school with a flipped classroom style.

When you say "there is no replacement" that is false. When push comes to shove (as it might in light of a global pandemic) things can be transitioned to online, including the introduction of a virtual anatomy lab.

When you say "there is no replacement" that is false. When push comes to shove (as it might in light of a global pandemic) things can be transitioned to online, including the introduction of a virtual anatomy lab.

Let’s hope we don’t have to go through online/virtual anatomy lab but I see what you mean as in it may be possible.

Received an A off the waitlist today!!!! Interviewed 3/30/20. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Received an A off the waitlist today!!!! Interviewed 3/30/20. Best of luck to everyone!

Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing your statics? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

would venture to say having a virtual anatomy lab is like trying to plug a fire hydrant with duct tape...

would venture to say having a virtual anatomy lab is like trying to plug a fire hydrant with duct tape...

Maybe you should try telling that to all of the successful LECOM-Seton Hill grads who only participated in virtual anatomy lab.

Last edited:
Maybe you should try telling that to all of the successful LECOM-Seton Hill grads who only participated in virtual anatomy lab.
if you honestly think a virtual anatomy lab prepares you equally than idk what to tell you. No way a virtual lab prepares you for surgery in the same way that actual dissection does.

ACCEPTED off the WL :joyful: Can't wait to meet everyone! Wish everyone the best of luck!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats! When did they WL you?
Thanks! WL'd me roughly a month after my interview (1/13)

My best advice would be to keep in touch with Francis Rose or Dean Jerry Cammarata and stay in touch with their students! Best of luck!