2021-2022 Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine (Middletown Campus)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone have an idea of when we will hear back? Interviewed early-mid September.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an interview invitation!
3.28 cGPA very upward trend, ~3.4sGPA, 504 MCAT, URM

Reactions: 1 users
My interview is in 1.5 weeks and I started to prepare the other day. Any advice from those who have already interviewed? Or questions they asked that you weren’t expecting?

Reactions: 1 user
II! before anyone asks, my stats were 505 MCAT, around 3.65 science and about 3.8 cumulative. OOS.

Umm i still haven't recieved a secondary for this school. I applied in late august. Should I reach out and email them?

Umm i still haven't recieved a secondary for this school. I applied in late august. Should I reach out and email them?
I think they prescreen 3.0 cgpa and 498 MCAT, so if you meet the requirements I think it wouldn't hurt to try and reach out!

I just got an email saying my application was on hold because I had to submit WES verification.. Did anyone else get this email? I studied abroad my first semester so I can understand why but this is the only school that has requested this and it seems to be $$$. Not sure if it is worth going through all the trouble and looking for guidance/advice on how to proceed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did not realize this school required two science LORs before I sent in my secondary, and now my app is on hold lol. Apparently, they don't even accept a LOR from my Gen Chem professor either, so I legit need two more, which is not happening. Second rejection of the cycle I guess lmao.

Did not realize this school required two science LORs before I sent in my secondary, and now my app is on hold lol. Apparently, they don't even accept a LOR from my Gen Chem professor either, so I legit need two more, which is not happening. Second rejection of the cycle I guess lmao.
How is gen chem not science....? Kinda ridiculous.

just interviewed today. 8am -5pm so a full day. AWESOME experience they are really informative and give you tons of opportunities to ask questions.

just interviewed today. 8am -5pm so a full day. AWESOME experience they are really informative and give you tons of opportunities to ask questions.
Did they mention to your group when they might start releasing decisions? They said 4-6 weeks to on my interview day. I'm past the 4 weeks and sitting anxiously waiting haha

Did they mention to your group when they might start releasing decisions? They said 4-6 weeks to on my interview day. I'm past the 4 weeks and sitting anxiously waiting haha
Yes and that's exactly what Mr. Rose said during our post-interview. 4-6 weeks. By email. No snail mail. And just for everybody if the final decision is WL, he said he is very welcome for LOI and we can do like once per month (99% sure that's what he said, very nice and informative gentleman). I know this sounds crazy but as a school with 12000+ applicants they do welcome frequent LOI **cough cough to some schools

Any advice for the interview? Anything that really surprised you?
Honestly I didn't prepare much hahaha. Instead searching for the standard interview questions I just went through all my essays again, research about the two faculty members briefly, and think about what I can ask for them. The actual interview was timed and cannot go over 30 mins so we don't get to talk a lot. Very basic standard questions, super relaxed haha. Prepare to talk about your experience (DM me if you want to know more).

Honestly I didn't prepare much hahaha. Instead searching for the standard interview questions I just went through all my essays again, research about the two faculty members briefly, and think about what I can ask for them. The actual interview was timed and cannot go over 30 mins so we don't get to talk a lot. Very basic standard questions, super relaxed haha. Prepare to talk about your experience (DM me if you want to know more).
Hi! I have an interview on Monday and was hoping to ask you some questions but I can't DM you. (I am new to sdn so might be doing something wrong).

Thank you, I definitely will!

do they send late IIs? and do they do silent R's? I have similar stats to the people who got IIs (congrats all!) and a lot of clinical experiences but I haven't heard back from them yet. :(

Hi! I have an interview on Monday and was hoping to ask you some questions but I can't DM you. (I am new to sdn so might be doing something wrong).
Oh i think it was my settings. Sorry! I know this is definitely way too late for me to see this but the interview is not long, and they only asked some basic questions with some about my experiences. Sorry for not being able to help!

Really? One of my LORs is Gen chem and they accepted it. Maybe they overlooked it bc I have a committee letter but idk…they placed me on hold very early September bc they said one of the courses i designated for their 6 hr behavioral science requirement isn’t an AACOMAS defined behavioral science. Even though it specifically says on AACOMAS course designation that social sciences meet the requirement for behavioral sciences….after that I was marked complete and under review for interview consideration on October BUT under the condition that I take ANOTHER class and get not less than a B it offered an acceptance…

Has anyone received a post interview decision? i interviewed 6 weeks ago, and still haven't heard anything.

Has anyone received a post interview decision? i interviewed 6 weeks ago, and still haven't heard anything.
Not yet! but I only interviewed about 4 weeks ago.

My interview is in 1.5 weeks and I started to prepare the other day. Any advice from those who have already interviewed? Or questions they asked that you weren’t expecting?
I would say it was a fairly laidback interview with mostly generic questions and then a few ethical questions thrown in at the end. Those last few ethical questions kind of threw me for a loop because I wasn't really expecting them. They asked why medicine? why DO? why Touro? and basically asked about my story. They were looking at my file during the interview and chose parts of my experiences to ask questions about specifically so be prepared to answer questions about your previous jobs/ shadowing/ leadership roles/ research/ extracurriculars/ etc. The last two questions were more difficult as they were the ethical questions but there is no right or wrong answer so you can be creative, defend your position, and explain your logic and you can't go wrong. I also realize that you said your interview is about 1.5 weeks away from when you posted this question, and it's been about 1.5 weeks so I hope I'm not too late on answering this! 😅

Interviewed 6 weeks ago as well. Haven’t heard anything. Though looking at other sdn threads, it seems like they send out decisions first/ second week of November

I would say it was a fairly laidback interview with mostly generic questions and then a few ethical questions thrown in at the end. Those last few ethical questions kind of threw me for a loop because I wasn't really expecting them. They asked why medicine? why DO? why Touro? and basically asked about my story. They were looking at my file during the interview and chose parts of my experiences to ask questions about specifically so be prepared to answer questions about your previous jobs/ shadowing/ leadership roles/ research/ extracurriculars/ etc. The last two questions were more difficult as they were the ethical questions but there is no right or wrong answer so you can be creative, defend your position, and explain your logic and you can't go wrong. I also realize that you said your interview is about 1.5 weeks away from when you posted this question, and it's been about 1.5 weeks so I hope I'm not too late on answering this! 😅
Thanks! I interviewed on Monday actually, but it’s okay 😊 Those ethical questions also threw me through a loop. But yes I just answered as thoughtfully as I could. Unfortunately I felt like my interviewers weren’t very talkative, and didn’t ask me that many questions. Hopefully they didn’t think I was as boring as I thought they were lol

Thanks! I interviewed on Monday actually, but it’s okay 😊 Those ethical questions also threw me through a loop. But yes I just answered as thoughtfully as I could. Unfortunately I felt like my interviewers weren’t very talkative, and didn’t ask me that many questions. Hopefully they didn’t think I was as boring as I thought they were lol
Having interviewed at other schools, I felt like my Touro interviewers were also the least talkative comparatively and almost came across as uninterested in a way. Honestly, at first I thought the same about them being bored but I kind of personally feel like they just focused on looking at my file too much during the time we had together instead of being more engaging.

How is anatomy taught? Is there cadaver disection?

How do you like the reverse classroom? Are the videos goox quality or no?
Yep there is cadaver based anatomy. Groups of 4 to a body and we dissect once a week. With plastination lab and virtual VR dissections on the following day. The anatomy department here is A1. They have some of the most amazing professors I’ve ever seen. This is coming from someone Who took anatomy at a D1 university from a professor who teaches 1st year anatomy at a huge public MD school.

As far as the flipped classroom goes, videos are optional (most of us don’t watch them tbh). However, they are great quality. Touro has a HUGE resource library with literally every book, board prep material you could think of (and it’s all for free). We have access to osmosis, pathoma, sketchy, virtual dissection apps, etc.. in addition we have a pretty big stockpile of Anki decks you can use for exams.

Mandatory class is kinda fading away. There are only couple classes now that require you to come in but for the most part, class is optional. The classes are anatomy and OMM (obvious reasons). Also, your ethics class and histology are in person. All other classes are optional.

Reactions: 2 users
Yep there is cadaver based anatomy. Groups of 4 to a body and we dissect once a week. With plastination lab and virtual VR dissections on the following day. The anatomy department here is A1. They have some of the most amazing professors I’ve ever seen. This is coming from someone Who took anatomy at a D1 university from a professor who teaches 1st year anatomy at a huge public MD school.

As far as the flipped classroom goes, videos are optional (most of us don’t watch them tbh). However, they are great quality. Touro has a HUGE resource library with literally every book, board prep material you could think of (and it’s all for free). We have access to osmosis, pathoma, sketchy, virtual dissection apps, etc.. in addition we have a pretty big stockpile of Anki decks you can use for exams.

Mandatory class is kinda fading away. There are only couple classes now that require you to come in but for the most part, class is optional. The classes are anatomy and OMM (obvious reasons). Also, your ethics class and histology are in person. All other classes are optional.
Oh wow, you get oathoma, sketchy and all those for free??? That's fantastic.

I'm glad to hear anatomy is a string area!

all your information you have shared in this forum has been so so helpful thank you so much!

I was wondering if there are any unique aspects of the med school that you could talk to, or what really drew you to the school? I am drawn to the school for a lot of the typical reasons of great professors, clinical options, an emphasis on creating physicians for the underserved, but wondering if there is anything beyond that from an insider's perspective? Any information is appreciated thank you!!

all your information you have shared in this forum has been so so helpful thank you so much!

I was wondering if there are any unique aspects of the med school that you could talk to, or what really drew you to the school? I am drawn to the school for a lot of the typical reasons of great professors, clinical options, an emphasis on creating physicians for the underserved, but wondering if there is anything beyond that from an insider's perspective? Any information is appreciated thank you!!
So I was accepted to 5 other schools (UNE, RVU-SU, ATSU-AZ, LECOM (Erie LDP), and BCOM). However, Touro was the only school where i vibed with the profs. In addition, the match rates and board prep here is outstanding. The school was really unique in a couple aspects.

The first is that it offered the perfect combination of small class sizes and resources. When I was looking at schools I knew that med school is what YOU make it, Not what they make it. Therefore, I wanted a place where the ratio of resources/opportunities to students was high. In a med school where you have 250 classemates and 20 professors you’ll maybe get a couple hours a week of one on one time and your cadaver labs will not be productive whatsoever as you have 250 people to rotate through. Here at Touro our class size is small, faculty are plenty, and resources are abundant. This gives me the opportunity to maximize my self learning and create meaningful relationships with faculty.

Second, Touro is Unique in that the faculty they employ are very esteemed and a large majority (all but a couple) are involved in writing board exams. This gives us the opportunity to learn and take exams that will basically be questions on boards. I think this has been really beneficial and I’ve learned a ton!

• Love
Accepted! interviewed 9/13!!

Reactions: 3 users
So I was accepted to 5 other schools (UNE, RVU-SU, ATSU-AZ, LECOM (Erie LDP), and BCOM). However, Touro was the only school where i vibed with the profs. In addition, the match rates and board prep here is outstanding. The school was really unique in a couple aspects.

The first is that it offered the perfect combination of small class sizes and resources. When I was looking at schools I knew that med school is what YOU make it, Not what they make it. Therefore, I wanted a place where the ratio of resources/opportunities to students was high. In a med school where you have 250 classemates and 20 professors you’ll maybe get a couple hours a week of one on one time and your cadaver labs will not be productive whatsoever as you have 250 people to rotate through. Here at Touro our class size is small, faculty are plenty, and resources are abundant. This gives me the opportunity to maximize my self learning and create meaningful relationships with faculty.

Second, Touro is Unique in that the faculty they employ are very esteemed and a large majority (all but a couple) are involved in writing board exams. This gives us the opportunity to learn and take exams that will basically be questions on boards. I think this has been really beneficial and I’ve learned a ton!
this is so good to know thank you so much!

anyone else interviewing tomorrow and not received their faculty zoom link yet?

popping in here to say i was accepted!!! interviewed 10/04/2021. waitlisted here last cycle.

Did you improve your application since last cycle?
i had a couple new community service activities but that was it. i just rewrote my whole app basically from personal statement to secondaries to activity description. I have had 5 interview invites so far.