2019-2020 San Juan Bautista

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the approx. acceptance rate for people who are interviewed?

Members don't see this ad.

In MSAR it says that if you are out of state 1/3 chance because they interview 60 and accept 20. Instate is a little less 1/3 because they interview 130ish accept 40

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have interviewed, how many total people interviewing are there?

6 for me as well. Overall was a very enjoyable (as much as a medical school interview can be) experience, the faculty and students make you feel at ease

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

They're already sending alternate list notices. Anyone else waitlisted?

Just received II for the following dates:

3/4/20
3/5/20
3/10/20

I just travelled to PR for another interview at UCC, came home two days ago, is it worth travelling there again for this interview? I have until Tuesday to select a slot

If you aren't accepted anywhere i would go better to get in some where than not at all sorry just saw this.

Has anyone from PR been accepted? If so, when did you interview?
Has anyone been accepted from the group that interviewed in February?
Thanks guys and good luck!

Last edited:
What do people think of Ponce vs UCC vs San Juan Bautista in terms of 1) better overall school 2) better step scores 3) better residency match ? Thank guys and good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you aren't accepted anywhere i would go better to get in some where than not at all sorry just saw this.

Yup it's better safe than sorry, I paid for the supplemental fee already (~$200.00) might as well attend. So I ended up going, thanks for the input

Has anyone from PR been accepted? If so, when did you interview?
Has anyone been accepted from the group that interviewed in February?
Thanks guys and good luck!

Hi!

And yes. I’m from PR. I was interviewed on January 16 and got my acceptance letter on February 19.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed in 2/Dic/2019
Accepted 6/March/2020!

Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello!!! Finally!!! my first acceptance lol. In-state here!!

Interviewed Jan 16
Accepted March 10

Best wishes to all of you! Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
I just realized I missed the secondary for this school. Welp! Is it too late to send it in?

According to their Facebook page, they’ll be out of the office from March 16th-30th due to everything going on. But hoping for some good news next month. Stay safe everyone !

What do people think of Ponce vs UCC vs San Juan Bautista in terms of 1) better overall school 2) better step scores 3) better residency match ? Thank guys and good luck!
I cant offer information about the average step scores of each individual school nor match rate. What I can tell you is that if you are applying for this cycle, chances are that the step 1 will be pass/fail when you take it, meaning that the medical schools will use other means of filtering applicants. Every school has its pros and cons, I chose SJB because their students need to publish atleast 2 publications of research before they graduate, giving the students a slight Boost on their application compared to other students who did not publish anything.

Does anyone know? Asking for me
I received an email from them (though I already interviewed so unsure why I got this ) to sign up for a virtual MMI . "Debido a las condiciones que impone la situación mundial con el COVID19, la Escuela de Medicina San Juan Bautista ha decidido cambiar la forma de entrevista para así permitir que todos los que así cumplan con nuestros requisitos tengan oportunidad de ser entrevistados." So , im sure you will be receiving an invite.

Has anyone heard back post-interview?
Sadly no, I interviewed Feb 26 and have heard nothing, Wondering if I should write to them. But also don't want to sound like a self-centered person.

Sadly no, I interviewed Feb 26 and have heard nothing, Wondering if I should write to them. But also don't want to sound like a self-centered person.
I called a few days ago and they mentioned that the admissions department is working from home. I spoke to a member working from home and it seemed like they were working on setting up virtual interviews for those who haven’t interviewed.
I’m hoping the admissions committee is also meeting virtually considering they would meet every two weeks to evaluate. Otherwise, it seems like we have to be extremely patient. :/

I called a few days ago and they mentioned that the admissions department is working from home. I spoke to a member working from home and it seemed like they were working on setting up virtual interviews for those who haven’t interviewed.
I’m hoping the admissions committee is also meeting virtually considering they would meet every two weeks to evaluate. Otherwise, it seems like we have to be extremely patient. :/
Thanks for sharing. Still no II, I'm getting antsy :(

Keep your head up my friends. I will be withdrawing my seat soon since I was accepted at other schools. I hope my seat goes to one of you guys.

It finally happened, got the A today!

Does anyone know how likely it is to get off of the alternate notice list?

Does anyone know how likely it is to get off of the alternate notice list?
It is definitely possible. I have a friend who made it from the alternate list last year. He received an email early June. It all depends on your stats. You will probably hear from them, if you are high on the list, in May since students have until April 30 to let the schools know which one they are planning to attend. Maybe some slots will open up.

Best of luck.

I interviewed in February and am still waiting on hearing some news, unsure whether to call or email them or keep waiting

I interviewed in February and am still waiting on hearing some news, unsure whether to call or email them or keep waiting
Someone on this thread interviewed on Feb 26th and they heard back on Monday. What day did you interview?

Someone on this thread interviewed on Feb 26th and they heard back on Monday. What day did you interview?

February 27th. I’ll probably email them soon, I just don’t want to be inconsiderate either

Yes, I was placed on the list this week
If you don’t mind me asking, what where your stats? And, did where you place on another alternate list or where accepted in another school?

In MSAR is says 50-100 students are usually placed in the alternate list and ~10 get accepted.

My friend had a 3.20 GPA and an MCAT of 494 with no research, shadowing or community service. He was notified early June of his acceptance.

If you don’t mind me asking, what where your stats? And, did where you place on another alternate list or where accepted in another school?

In MSAR is says 50-100 students are usually placed in the alternate list and ~10 get accepted.

My friend had a 3.20 GPA and an MCAT of 494 with no research, shadowing or community service. He was notified early June of his acceptance.
3.6 GPA, 499 MCAT and I had volunteer and shadowing experience but no research.

I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 more schools. Thank you for letting me know though!

3.6 GPA, 499 MCAT and I had volunteer and shadowing experience but no research.

I'm still waiting to hear back from 2 more schools. Thank you for letting me know though!
I think your stats are good for PR in general. I’m gonna go on a limb here and guess that the other two school are Ponce and UCC. Either of those two school will definitely send you an acceptance. Obviously what set you back a little was the lack of research, but students with less ECs have made so don’t sweat it. If SJB is your top choice, you definitely have a shot.

Best of luck!