2022-2023 UC - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I’m waiting on the edge of my seat!!! 😵‍💫

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Class size at ucsd is around 130 though right? Why so many in the fb group still im confused

Class size at ucsd is around 130 though right? Why so many in the fb group still im confused
Omg i thought it was 200 😰. But I think there’s current students to answer questions or moderators to add admitted students/kick people who withdrew

Members don't see this ad :)
Kind of strange there's been no movement yet, no? Seems like it started on May 5th last year w/ most movement over the next 10 days. Wonder if there's a reason for it

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how many people usually get off the waitlist? I know during my interview day, they said that they would try and keep WL numbers lower this year but idk how true that really is…

Reactions: 1 user
Kind of strange there's been no movement yet, no? Seems like it started on May 5th last year w/ most movement over the next 10 days. Wonder if there's a reason for it
3 possible scenarios
1) slower movement this year due to the glitch
2) there has been movement that we don't know about
3) class is full

Does anyone know how many people usually get off the waitlist? I know during my interview day, they said that they would try and keep WL numbers lower this year but idk how true that really is…
30-35/300 last year per MSAR

I think it's possible there is slower movement this year! They sent the email asking for updates a little later than last year and plus this weird glitch.

we'll have to see, I suppose.

• Love
  • Care
Im still going by “no new members added this week” on FB group!

Reactions: 4 users
Have any accepted students completed the background check? I have yet to receive that email

Any news today? Super hard to let go of refreshing and that weird irrational sense of hope that they'll send an email

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
The facebook group dropped to 212 members today so that seems like promising news

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

Wasn't that in the context of telling us that some of the interviewees would be rejected? I don't recall Brian saying they were trying to reduce WL movement, in fact, he cited the previous year's movement. I think they were saying that they reject people they know would not be accepted off the waitlist to keep the amount of waitlistees lower and to not give those people false hope.

Reactions: 5 users
under the activity section it says that no new members have been added within the last week so it seems like this person was already a member and rejoined the group.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know (possibly a current admitted student) if the class is full? Or are they just taking their time to send acceptances cuz of the “glitch.” I thought they had like 30+ people withdraw their acceptances so I’m confused why it’s taking so long 😭😭😭😭

Does anyone know (possibly a current admitted student) if the class is full? Or are they just taking their time to send acceptances cuz of the “glitch.” I thought they had like 30+ people withdraw their acceptances so I’m confused why it’s taking so long 😭😭😭😭
how do u even know that lol u got connections?

lol yes please tell us how you know this

lol yes please tell us how you know this
I think there was an earlier comment that said the facebook group dropped 30 members. I also advise caution using facebook groups as a metric. I am in two right now and in both we have people go in and out. Sometimes they are older med students giving advice or other people who wish to give information regarding the school. Not sure if the facebook SD group works like that too.

how do u even know that lol u got connections?
Just from stalking the FB group during the weekend leading up to May 1st. 30 peeps left the group it used to be ~240s.

Edit: It would make sense people that decided to withdraw would leave during that time period . But as the top comment says it could def be random peeps going in and out

They for sure have accepted more students than they have seats (not sure what happens if more enroll than AAMC allows). This is based on a post linking here that indicated they accepted 278 out of 140 that eventually matriculated. It’s very possible that the excess number of acceptances either aren’t waitlisted elsewhere and UCSD is their only acceptance, which probably creates a huge headache and mess for the admissions office.

They for sure have accepted more students than they have seats (not sure what happens if more enroll than AAMC allows). This is based on a post linking here that indicated they accepted 278 out of 140 that eventually matriculated. It’s very possible that the excess number of acceptances either aren’t waitlisted elsewhere and UCSD is their only acceptance, which probably creates a huge headache and mess for the admissions office.
this doesn't seem that likely. Why would this year be any different from other years in terms of the ratio of offers of admission to people dropping the acceptance?

Ultimately, we know only one fact: that there is no waitlist movement a mere 5 days after UCSD historically starts waitlist movement.
I think the most likely scenario is also probably the simplest: that the admissions team is running a few days behind in reading updates and compiling lists of students, possibly because of what @CoolGuy2 said.

this doesn't seem that likely. Why would this year be any different from other years in terms of the ratio of offers of admission to people dropping the acceptance?

Ultimately, we know only one fact: that there is no waitlist movement a mere 5 days after UCSD historically starts waitlist movement.
I think the most likely scenario is also probably the simplest: that the admissions team is running a few days behind in reading updates and compiling lists of students, possibly because of what @CoolGuy2 said.
CoolGuy2 🤝 The Lorax. Hope to see u in the fall

• Care
I feel like tomorrow will be the day... I have good feelings about tomorrow. Hopefully all the accepted students withdrew and we all get off the waitlist.

Edit: Also there is about 278 members in facebook group for class of 2026 and class of 2025. Since there are only 214 members in the class of 2027, I feel hopeful that 50-60 of us can get off the waitlist. It's just a theory but I am going to pretend its true.

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
It’s gonna happen I’m manifesting we all get off the waitlist tomorrow 🤭. We got this! ❤️

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
They're probably not taking anyone off the waitlist if they don't today, right? There are 2 new members to the fb group so I feel like there already was movement and it's done at this point.

Did anybody call the admissions office to ask if waitlist movement has started or if they expect any movement?

Did anybody call the admissions office to ask if waitlist movement has started or if they expect any movement?
Only way is to email admissions/Brian and ask if there’s been any movement or the status of the waitlist. They’ve turned off their phones since covid.

Brian answered my last email I sent a while back so they do check and answer.

Looks like movement started. But am not sure if it’s done or just starting.