2022-2023 UC - San Diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When is the CTE deadline?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Question regarding CTE. I believe my school says June 16, but other school says June 1. Do different schools have different rules? Or does AMCAS have one as a whole
I think it would be school specific especially for schools you have been off the WL. I just got in to a school a few days ago and my cte is much later than June 1st!!

Reactions: 1 user
I suppose it’s over for the WL then, come June 1st?

Reactions: 1 users
I suppose it’s over for the WL then, come June 1st?
Isnt it the opposite? like aren't there supposed to be more spots opening after the CTE deadline because people with multiple acceptances could be withdrawing their spot hence opening spots for the WL?

I feel like I’m being delusional holding onto hope for waitlist movement here at this point, but the Facebook group numbers for this year are still drastically lower than prior years so I have my fingers and toes crossed for this week!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
LOL I got offered a WL position? I did not even interview for UCSD??? This happen to anyone else?

Same happened to me LOL. No interview and somehow got on the waitlist. Not sure what's going on.
If you don't mind me asking - did you guys get an email from UCSD, or did it just appear on the CYMS tool?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind me asking - did you guys get an email from UCSD, or did it just appear on the CYMS tool?
I just saw it on the CYMS tool. I just followed up with UCSD and long story short, there is a program only for applicants who have NOT received an acceptance to any school. In this program, they can take undergraduate courses at UCSD and keep a 3.5 GPA for a year and then be admitted to the medical school.

They need to add folks to the alternate list on CYMS to see if they have an acceptance elsewhere (via Plan to Enroll or Commit to Enroll), so even you have an acceptance elsewhere, they put you on the alternate list because they would have no way of knowing that otherwise. Luckily, I have an A already, which renders me ineligible for this program. Just in case the same thing happened to anyone else.

c37fd51e1cd15ac3b837b0b741509ac8.jpg

Well, I don't think I'm getting off the waitlist. Guess we can hope for UCSD for residency in the future. Good luck to everyone who got in, those going elsewhere, and those who are reapplying.

for those of you that are accepted, can anyone confirm what the CTE date is for this cycle?

Have we seen any movement w FB group or groupme? Feel like there should be some post-CTE. It also seems like there was much less movement this year compared to the past.

Last edited:
Have we seen any movement w FB group or groupme? Feel like there should be some post-CTE. It also seems like there was much less movement this year compared to the past.
I've been reading about "delayed movement" at various schools. The school i got accepted at let people off last week. And a friend of mine was accepted to a UC last week. Also , i think it was never confirmed that June 1st was the CTE date. The reason I say this is because , for example, I got accepted to a school that started July 5th and their CTE was today (i declined them). The school I am going to (PTE) has a CTE deadline of June 26 because we start in mid august. My friend is trying to get into a school that starts in August and their CTE IS July 1st. I believe that UCSD starts in late august and most schools have their CTE 30 days before start date. Thats what i've heard...but not sure what the UCSD CTE is. Someone asked to confirm but there was no response. Also no follow up on one of the posters saying no reply from admissions regarding movement not sure if that is still the case.

Last Friday was the med school's graduation apparently, so maybe that is a factor too

I had asked about movement weeks ago but no reply :( not sure if they are just busy or ghosting me but i sent to [email protected]
interesting. Well not over yet, my friend got off the waitlist at another school an hour ago....literally anyones guess still. And theres been a fair amount of movement on waitlist support threads. So one can hope

I had asked about movement weeks ago but no reply :( not sure if they are just busy or ghosting me but i sent to [email protected]
I asked them last week, but no reply either. At this point, I honestly just want some closure. It seems like last year, they sent an email out to everyone in june when it was highly unlikely that further movement would happen.

Uhm….. I just got the call this morning. I am utterly speechless….

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Uhm….. I just got the call this morning. I am utterly speechless….
I too am curious if you meant email or if they brought back the call. Do I now have to have jump scares now when my phone rings? Or if you responded to the wrong thread for a school who does call? Don't leave us hangin!

I too am curious if you meant email or if they brought back the call. Do I now have to have jump scares now when my phone rings? Or if you responded to the wrong thread for a school who does call? Don't leave us hangin!
Call or email? When?
Brian called me around 12 PM. He asked if I accept their offer. I said yes, so he sent me an email shortly after the call.

Brian called me around 12 PM. He asked if I accept their offer. I said yes, so he sent me an email shortly after the call.
Damn, new fear unlocked. I hope we get some closure soon, whether some of us also get the call or the mass email saying there is less than a 1 percent chance. Then Ill move on to my other A.

Can someone with MSAR access please share the percentage of military candidates that were accepted? Is it still 1%?

WL update email came in :/

Will keep waiting until my CTE deadline, fingers crossed

Reactions: 10 users
I wish they would do waves of cuts throughout the process. This **** is bananas. I’m sure there are many of us who would put the brakes on moving if ucsd gave us the A. Ofcourse it’s a choice to stay on the wl and my other school is awesome but damn that little voice of what if sucks

finally feeling at peace that i (most likely) won't be getting off the WL here anymore and ready to move onto my currently PTE school. it's been a wild ride this cycle and wish you all the best whether you're headed to med school this summer or not :)

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Hey y’all, just received a hold for the 23-24 cycle. Did anyone here get off the Pre-II hold and get an A?

Hey y’all, just received a hold for the 23-24 cycle. Did anyone here get off the Pre-II hold and get an A?
last year it seemed like the majority of pre-II hold's did not result in an II later

anyone complete mid august 2022 with no hold, II, or R by mid feb? im a little worried that my application might be lost lol thought I'd ask on here