2019-2020 San Juan Bautista

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
First round of interviews
Nov 12
Nov 19
Nov 21

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when acceptances start to be sent out?

Wow, just got a supplemental! Had definitely counted this school out after getting radio silence for so many months. Anyone else randomly get one today?

Reactions: 1 users
It seems like all the schools in Puerto Rico asked for it so I guess it has to be done :/ Damn, that's a hefty sum after you submit them all
I know for a fact RCM and UCC calculate GPA differently. That's why they ask for transcripts. Both are also known to ask for transcripts of courses taken the same year of application. As for PHSU and SJB, I'm not sure.

Did anyone receive the form to pay the $100 fee by credit card? It didn't come with my confirmation email and I can't find it on the website.

Did anyone receive the form to pay the $100 fee by credit card? It didn't come with my confirmation email and I can't find it on the website.

Email Jcastro, his email should be in the supplemental email they sent you. If not it’s on their website

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I received an interview notice 10 days ago for January! Looking for ways to prepare for the interview, anyone has some tips or resources you can share? SJB is my top choice here in PR and I'm starting to get anxious... :}

Thanks!!! and best of wishes to everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview notice 10 days ago for January! Looking for ways to prepare for the interview, anyone has some tips or resources you can share? SJB is my top choice here in PR and I'm starting to get anxious... :}

Thanks!!! and best of wishes to everyone!
Congrats- are they sending out invites via email or phone?

Congrats- are they sending out invites via email or phone?

They’re back next Tuesday (1/7). I received an email for mine, but I also called about coming in January instead cause I couldn’t afford the plane ticket ($900) for early December. They’re pretty understanding/accommodating.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have any information/ insights about interview day? I'm finding mixed information about whether it's all MMI or mixed and if it's all in Spanish or a mix as well?

Does anyone have any information/ insights about interview day? I'm finding mixed information about whether it's all MMI or mixed and if it's all in Spanish or a mix as well?
The format of the interview is MMI. Also, be prepared to speak both languages- English and Spanish. Good luck!

PR has been getting hit by earthquakes these last few days. I wonder how Caguas and the school have been affected :/

I'm curious exactly how much of the interview is in Spanish? I've taken the required Spanish classes but I'm pretty rusty. If it's one question I feel confident but if it's the whole interview I'm not sure that will go well ...

I'm curious exactly how much of the interview is in Spanish? I've taken the required Spanish classes but I'm pretty rusty. If it's one question I feel confident but if it's the whole interview I'm not sure that will go well ...
I have consistently heard 50/50 English/Spanish from students.

Anyone who has had/ has an interview - were you sent details about it? I can't find any in my inbox or the portal.

Anyone who has had/ has an interview - were you sent details about it? I can't find any in my inbox or the portal.
I imagine they're suspending interviews for the time being considering a significant portion of the island is without water and/or power.

I imagine they're suspending interviews for the time being considering a significant portion of the island is without water and/or power.
Uh not really no we have electricity and water we've had electricity and water all week everything you are seeing on the news is down outside of Ponce like 60 miles south of us. Everyone in Caguas had power and water by last Wednesday. Ponce is shut down and not having classes so their students can find housing I'm giving one of the tours this week.

Edit There is no structural damage anywhere in Caguas or at the School just freaked people out not fun getting woken up at 4:30 A.m. and waiting a day for everything to go back to normal.

Last edited:
Definitely brush up 2-3 of your encounters in your MMI will be in Spanish. - Current Student
you'll have to answer some obscure question or hold down a conversation and it will solely be to see if you speak acceptable Spanish you probably won't want to come here if you don't speak good Spanish it really is everything written is in English the majority of your first year classes will be English slides with Spanish professors. All school communications will be in Spanish be confident brush up and if you can speak Spanish you will do fine

Last edited:
Uh not really no we have electricity and water we've had electricity and water all week everything you are seeing on the news is down outside of Ponce like 60 miles south of us. Everyone in Caguas had power and water by last Wednesday. Ponce is shut down and not having classes so their students can find housing I'm giving one of the tours this week.

Edit There is no structural damage anywhere in Caguas or at the School just freaked people out not fun getting woken up at 4:30 A.m. and waiting a day for everything to go back to normal.

This is good to hear, I was worried about the Caguas area being affected and was finding little to no info online. I sent EMSJB an update letter in Spanish, hope to hear from them soon.

Has anyone received any updates in January? (post-interview) :scared:

Any movement from the school ?

Interview scheduled for next month

Has anyone received any updates in January? (post-interview) :scared:

They told me (around the second week of Jan) that they haven't begun the evaluation process and that they were about to begin shortly with the November interviewees.

Interviewed: 11/21/19
Accepted 02/04/2020
YAYAYAYAY

Reactions: 5 users
The second round (I think, maybe there was a January round) of interviews:
02/13/2020
02/26/2020
02/27/2020

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to those accepted! May I ask what mcat scores did you guys get accepted with?

Last edited:
Just received II for the following dates:

3/4/20
3/5/20
3/10/20

I just travelled to PR for another interview at UCC, came home two days ago, is it worth travelling there again for this interview? I have until Tuesday to select a slot