2020-2021 San Juan Bautista

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
How do you know what percentage of the class has been filled?
I guess nobody really knows, but usually RCM calls the shots... meaning a lot of students that get acceptances from the other three hold their spots until and if RCM accepts them. So after RCM is done, the students start freeing their sits in the others. They have only accepted 44/110 judging by the official group of the 2025 med class. So I’m afraid this will take a while.

Reactions: 1 user
I guess nobody really knows, but usually RCM calls the shots... meaning a lot of students that get acceptances from the other three hold their spots until and if RCM accepts them. So after RCM is done, the students start freeing their sits in the others. They have only accepted 44/110 judging by the official group of the 2025 med class. So I’m afraid this will take a while.
Hi! Can you clarify a few points.. 1) what is RCM? and 2) how do you know accepted # of students? Thanks!

Hi! Can you clarify a few points.. 1) what is RCM? and 2) how do you know accepted # of students? Thanks!
RCM is Recinto de Ciencias Médicas
The 2025 class created a group, although it’s private, you the can see the number of members.

So RCM is always the fist choice for all Puerto Ricans? I couldn’t apply there because I am OOS
Pretty much, some will beg to differ. But economically, it’s cheaper, and it’s still the leading school; whether people like to admit it or not, they rank higher. I’ve never heard of someone that got accepted there and declined the offer to attend the other one of the other three.

Still, a fair share of people gets in because of outright nepotism, which sucks.

All are good, but RCM is RCM. There is a sense of pride attached to it as it’s product of PR and not a private institution most likely owned by US investors like the other three. So there’s that. All in all, you can bust your behind and get accepted into good residency programs from any of the 4 PR schools. I just saw a few of the match results and all 4 had insanely good programs, some Ivy leagues, and good match rates overall this year.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got sent a supplemental app some minutes ago. They acknowledged my primary in August. Are they still sending out interview invites? I don’t want my $100 to burn away. Plus I only have a 4-credit hour course in Spanish but they require 9.

I just got sent a supplemental app some minutes ago. They acknowledged my primary in August. Are they still sending out interview invites? I don’t want my $100 to burn away. Plus I only have a 4-credit hour course in Spanish but they require 9.
No kidding? That's a super long time.. any idea what happened?

I got an interview invite ~1 week ago. SJB starts in late June but it seems like most PR schools still interview until fairly late. If you haven't gotten in elsewhere I don't think it would hurt to shoot your shot here.

I would say try it, I know you don’t want to lose 100 but it’s worth the try. In regards to Spanish, you could take the Casper test in Spanish and that’s equivalent, that’s what I did.

No kidding? That's a super long time.. any idea what happened?

I got an interview invite ~1 week ago. SJB starts in late June but it seems like most PR schools still interview until fairly late. If you haven't gotten in elsewhere I don't think it would hurt to shoot your shot here.

I would say try it, I know you don’t want to lose 100 but it’s worth the try. In regards to Spanish, you could take the Casper test in Spanish and that’s equivalent, that’s what I did.
Thanks guys. I’ll go for it. If they sent a secondary out, it means they might still have a slot for me somewhere.
I already took Casper in English. I’m not Spanish-speaking so I don’t think it’d work either way. I’ll just try my luck.

Thanks guys. I’ll go for it. If they sent a secondary out, it means they might still have a slot for me somewhere.
I already took Casper in English. I’m not Spanish-speaking so I don’t think it’d work either way. I’ll just try my luck.
I think they meant to say CLEP or FLATS exam. You can test out of Spanish and I believe SJB accepts that the same as the credits.

Reactions: 1 users
Yes, I meant to say CLEP not Casper sorry for the confusion
i got an interview with only 6 credits of spanish, they said i could take the exam if i end up getting accepted to meet the requirements!

• Love
i got an interview with only 6 credits of spanish, they said i could take the exam if i end up getting accepted to meet the requirements!
Congrats. That’s amazing to hear. I am sure you’ll do great and will get in

• Care
how long did it take everyone to hear a decision after interviewing?

Hello everyone! I hope all is well with you all...
how long did it take everyone to hear a decision after interviewing?
I interviewed 2 weeks ago. Still waiting to hear back. To be clear, SJB will send either an A or R letter, correct? I’ve heard some schools simply just “ghost” you. I hope that’s not true for SJB.

Hello everyone! I hope all is well with you all...

I interviewed 2 weeks ago. Still waiting to hear back. To be clear, SJB will send either an A or R letter, correct? I’ve heard some schools simply just “ghost” you. I hope that’s not true for SJB.
Im not sure! (some are getting waitlists. ) i actually have seen no R posts here so i wonder if the school accepts or waitlists its applicants. when did you interview? i was told we should. hear back by or before april 5th. but wasn'
t sure if others were hearing sooner/after the three week deadline! i interviewed on the 19th.

Are they done with interviews?
I dont think so! i know someone who was offered an interview recently. i would imagine they are interviewing until may?
I remember seeing something about VITA being offered until sometime in April (official date should be online), VITA is part of the interview (VITA + virtual 1:1 with SJB). Not sure how/if that affects the interview cycle since there may be other ways to replace VITA beyond April

I remember seeing something about VITA being offered until sometime in April (official date should be online), VITA is part of the interview (VITA + virtual 1:1 with SJB). Not sure how/if that affects the interview cycle since there may be other ways to replace VITA beyond April
oh thats right! vita ends april 30th. so i assume invitations will be sent until then i guess?

Im not sure! (some are getting waitlists. ) i actually have seen no R posts here so i wonder if the school accepts or waitlists its applicants. when did you interview? i was told we should. hear back by or before april 5th. but wasn'
t sure if others were hearing sooner/after the three week deadline! i interviewed on the 19th.
I see, I interviewed on the 15th. When’s the latest we can hear back by?

Hi, any-one has not received either A nor R email yet? Not even a wait-list email lol

Hi, any-one has not received either A nor R email yet? Not even a wait-list email lol
me! but i interviewed recently so they said to check back if i have not heard anything by april 5th.

me! but i interviewed recently so they said to check back if i have not heard anything by april 5th.
Hi Poly, congrats for making it this far. I’m in a similar boat as you. Recently interviewed and just waiting to hear back. When did they say to wait until April 5th? They actually mentioned you should hear by April 5th for a final decision?

Hi Poly, congrats for making it this far. I’m in a similar boat as you. Recently interviewed and just waiting to hear back. When did they say to wait until April 5th? They actually mentioned you should hear by April 5th for a final decision?
my interviewer was telling all the candidates that date to email if we have not heard back

my interviewer was telling all the candidates that date to email if we have not heard back
Oh I see. Thank you!. So come Monday if we don’t hear anything back we should send them an email? Hopefully we hear something tomorrow 😬

Oh I see. Thank you!. So come Monday if we don’t hear anything back we should send them an email? Hopefully we hear something tomorrow 😬
I interviewed around same time and I haven’t heard anything 😬😬

i was just about to ask if anyone that week heard back yet. guess we gotta keep waiting
Yeah, I came in here just now to see if any of you heard back. I guess no news is good news for now. I have a feeling next week should be it! After all, the cycle is creeping up to its end, right?

Yeah, I came in here just now to see if any of you heard back. I guess no news is good news for now. I have a feeling next week should be it! After all, the cycle is creeping up to its end, right?
im not sure how late San Juan is interviewing, I never asked! I would imagine not much longer though.

Les llegó un correo hoy? Esta mañana me escribieron en un email "We want to inform you that your application is complete and ready for review. Also, we will proceed to conduct a credit evaluation of the required coursework submitted on your AMCAS application. Should we need additional...." Buena señal o normal? Alguien le han dicho lo mismo?