2020-2021 San Juan Bautista

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seems like a lot of people were put on the waitlist today, including myself

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone confirm if the CTE deadline for SJB is June 14 this year? I found that date on their website but want to make sure it is up to date for this application cycle. I also want to email admissions to double-check.

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone confirm if the CTE deadline for SJB is June 14 this year? I found that date on their website but want to make sure it is up to date for this application cycle. I also want to email admissions to double-check.
When you find out can you come back and confirm the date?

Según la info de SJB en MSAR:

April 30, 2022 - Applicants select "Commit to Enroll" in the AMCAS tool.

May 01, 2022 - Applicants should communicate a commitment to matriculate to San Juan Bautista School of Medicine.

According to the acceptance email:
Make sure to inform your final decision regarding your admission to [email protected]. Should you decide to withdraw your admission offer prior to May 15th, the $100 deposit will be refunded to you. Withdrawals after May 15th do not qualify for a refund. If we don’t receive the reservation payment by the mentioned date your seat will be assigned to another applicant. We appreciate your professionalism and communication throughout the cycle regarding your candidacy

anybody see any movement on the WL?
Nope 🙁
Is it possible for any of the accepted students to let us know the number of confirmed students for the class?

Reactions: 1 users
I think May is likely the month we'll see the most movement. Keep hope alive, some students last cycle were accepted in early and mid June!! If you interviewed and are waitlisted be proud of how far you've come.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. I am in the WL since mid-April and haven't heard anything since.
Same here. I looked closely at last years forum and realized only a couple people made it off the WL in May.. it was actually mid June when the most people were accepted from WL. Literally a week before orientation.

Reactions: 2 users
Same here. I looked closely at last years forum and realized only a couple people made it off the WL in May.. it was actually mid June when the most people were accepted from WL. Literally a week before orientation.
Oh boy, well lets hope we get off it at all

Reactions: 2 users
any movement today ?!
My logic is if their CTE is June 15th (someone mentioned this previously), there will be little to no movement until after that... anyone else confirm/deny?

My logic is if their CTE is June 15th (someone mentioned this previously), there will be little to no movement until after that... anyone else confirm/deny?
That was my thinking too...

I‘ve had an INTENSE week. But I wanted to come here and give ya’ll a little hope, I got accepted off the WL on June 2nd. I cried bc I felt defeated as hell.

SO, the enrollment day is set June 17th so until then there is still time for people to get accepted off the waitlist!
Keep calling/emailing the school until then, it’s not over yet. Don’t lose hope!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Also wanted to updated that my waitlist spot was rescinded ( I failed my CLEP exam). best of luck to all you waiting. You are going to be kick ass doctors !

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted off the Waitlist today!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Congratulations to everyone coming off the waitlist!!
Im curious if your are Puerto Rico residents or OOS applicants?

Congratulations to everyone coming off the waitlist!!
Im curious if your are Puerto Rico residents or OOS applicants?
I am OOS, CA.. 498 MCAT, 3.8 gpa. Military experience to include clinical experience while deployed and collaborated clinics experience with middle eastern doctors, nurses, medics.

• Love
I am OOS, CA.. 498 MCAT, 3.8 gpa. Military experience to include clinical experience while deployed and collaborated clinics experience with middle eastern doctors, nurses, medics.
Amazing! Congratulations future doctor!!

Congrats!! Hope to exchange intl clinical experiences (clinical and beyond)! So much to learn from other cultures and countries🤞🤞

Yes, absolutely!
To anyone else waiting, keep your spirits up. A friend I’ve been in contact with who is an MS2 at this school has told me his class has MANY students who came up off the WL. You are still in the race 💯

any comment on if classes are virtual during summer? someone mentioned the white coat ceremony was virtual? with covid, seems like things change every day!

any comment on if classes are virtual during summer? someone mentioned the white coat ceremony was virtual? with covid, seems like things change every day!
Yeah, the summer intro course and the orientation week/ white coat will be over zoom

Any recent movement?
It should be happening this week! The CTE date was Monday. Also, not sure if this is the correct place to say this, but for any people looking for last min housing, I need a roommate for my 2br! Please PM me if interested :)

It should be happening this week! The CTE date was Monday. Also, not sure if this is the correct place to say this, but for any people looking for last min housing, I need a roommate for my 2br! Please PM me if interested :)
Did you join the telegram chat, there you could ask for a roommate. We are very active over there.

Does anyone have any updates from themselves or friends not on SDN? Based on last year, seems like orientation is next week? I understand not all are on social media, but the FB group is only 2/3 full based on class size (in other years it was larger than the class size 80+).. seems odd this year so much lower. Todavía estoy aquí con esperanza…

Does anyone have any updates from themselves or friends not on SDN? Based on last year, seems like orientation is next week? I understand not all are on social media, but the FB group is only 2/3 full based on class size (in other years it was larger than the class size 80+).. seems odd this year so much lower. Todavía estoy aquí con esperanza…
@velvet_turtle We start Orientation tomorrow. This Friday is the White Coat Ceremony. If at the very latest someone is admitted from the WL it will happen this week (assuming someone from the class drops during orientation- this happened last year so it’s possible). Right now the class is full… As the week goes on if someone mentions dropping from the class I will provide an update as a curtesy if you’d like..

Hey all! I will actually be applying here and to the other PR universities next year. I was just hoping some of you who have been accepted could let me know what extracurriculars you guys have. (research/clinical experience/volunteer/clubs/etc.) I've e-mailed admissions but they haven't replied back. It's my weak point. :( You can PM me! Gracias :D