2021-2022 San Juan Bautista

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Radio silence for me since interviewing back in December. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
What are clinical rotations like? Do students go through academic hospitals and work with residents and get good opportunities to learn (put in art lines etc.)
Yes. Im an MS1 currently but I know from talking to my more senior classmates. Also, Many of us who are from the states work hard third year and that frees up 4th year to go do elective rotations in hospitals back stateside.

Can any med students comment on the pre-clinical years? Like, are lectures mandatory, research opportunities, Is it a graded curriculum and if possible how are the rotation sites during third year (in terms of hands-on or working with residents). Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
2nd year student. SJB starts 1 month early to do a month of research and biostats. It varies but most classes are not mandatory. Research is included in the curriculum and there's several research opportunities within the school as well as outside. Classes are graded, A,B,C, etc. Not sure about rotations since I'm not there yet but I hear they can be in Caguas, San Juan, or other places on the island. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions about pre-clinical years.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got the A! Extremely grateful but will likely be giving up my A, hope it goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Could any accepted students please answer a few questions? (I believe most of this information was included in the acceptance email like they sent last year.)
1. when is orientation?
2. is it in person?
3. when do we have to be in person at SJB?
4. if there is an accepted students group chat, how many people are in there right now?
5. how full is the RCM/UPR class? (I have heard most PR residents choose that school if accepted, leaving more vacancies here.)
Your help would be VERY much appreciated!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! Just got the A and will be attending SJB this year :)
Let me know who's also going to attend!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Could any accepted students please answer a few questions? (I believe most of this information was included in the acceptance email like they sent last year.)
1. when is orientation?
2. is it in person?
3. when do we have to be in person at SJB?
4. if there is an accepted students group chat, how many people are in there right now?
5. how full is the RCM/UPR class? (I have heard most PR residents choose that school if accepted, leaving more vacancies here.)
Your help would be VERY much appreciated!
Hey! I can answer these!

1. June 20th
2. Yes, it's in person.
3. They say by June 14th because we have to be present to sign some enrollment documents.
4. I've been meaning to look for a group chat myself! So far, no luck. Are you going to SJB?
5. I can't answer this question, but I'm OOS, which I'm assuming is really rare for SJB.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
is there an fb group or groupme for accepted students?

What is the average time for decisions to come out after interview? Thank you!

What are clinical rotations like? Do students go through academic hospitals and work with residents and get good opportunities to learn (put in art lines etc.)
Yes, rotations are in 3rd and 4th year. Third year is in Puerto Rico and 4th you can do your electives in the mainland

I am very excited for this school! Any idea how long it takes to hear back if you interviewed last week? Thank you!!!

My interview was 2 weeks ago and have not heard of them either. 🥲

just withdrew my A. Good luck