2021-2022 San Juan Bautista

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gyngyn

Alta California
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Interview Feedback List | Student Doctor Network

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone apply here? Did anyone get secondaries yet?

My husband has applied to SJBSM, I believe this year they are not sending out secondaries.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
My husband has applied to SJBSM, I believe this year they are not sending out secondaries.
Thank you. How are they collecting applications then? if secondaries are not being sent out.

Thank you. How are they collecting applications then? if secondaries are not being sent out.
Hey! So I'm not sure honestly, I've been seeing a lot of conflicting information. I first saw earlier this year on their website that they wouldn't be sending out secondaries this year, but I no longer see that info on their homepage? Regardless, I do know they seem to start later so if we were to hear back from them it wouldn't be until August-September

I applied last year and have friends that are current students and graduated recently. They don't review their applications until late october/november and they start their II around december/ january. they take their time with the apps so hang tight

Hubby just got an email from SJBSM saying they received his AMCAS and will be reviewing his application. It said that they will be sending supplementary applications to qualified applicants 😯. I thought they sent out secondaries to everyone. That's new to me!

Secondary received this morning at 10:45 EST, OOS (IS Ties since I'm Boricua)

Last edited:
Secondary received, International/OOS

Received secondary too. Internation/OOS

Members don't see this ad :)
II! Complete 9/21

Any idea if SJB takes Casper pretty seriously? I'd hate to get shut out over something (that I consider to be) so trivial.
I have no clue since in reality every school uses the Casper test as a metric in a different way. The likelihood is that if you have other enticing parts of your app then a bad Casper score wont tank you at all.

Spanish isn't my first language so I'm a bit nervous about the interview :cryi:

Spanish isn't my first language so I'm a bit nervous about the interview :cryi:
Same, I grade my Spanish 80% fluency on a good day. I just ocassionally mix up genders for words or tenses. We got this!

Did anyone get a date with their interview invite? They let me know I would be e-mailed later with a zoom link but I'm concerned since I need to ask for days off of work ahead of time

Did anyone get a date with their interview invite? They let me know I would be e-mailed later with a zoom link but I'm concerned since I need to ask for days off of work ahead of time
same, no date yet

Anything guys? Still in the dark and its Thursday

Anything guys? Still in the dark and its Thursday
I'm scheduled for the 24th

They sent me the email a couple days ago too. Did you make sure to upload everything to the admissions box as well as send the email confirmation for the interview?

• Care
I'm scheduled for the 24th

They sent me the email a couple days ago too. Did you make sure to upload everything to the admissions box as well as send the email confirmation for the interview?
They emailed me on Tuesday about the date and i interviewed yesterday
Yes I uploaded before my confirmation and then received a confirmation that they would be following up with a date. Maybe I should upload again...

II Received, OOS. How are the interviews scheduled?

• Care
Is anyone else only having a student interview or is there going to be a second portion?

Is anyone else only having a student interview or is there going to be a second portion?
I had both a student interview as well as a 10 minute interview with faculty. The student interview was tough for me, I definitely feel like I struggled so I'm hoping that doesn't affect my acceptance decision..

• Care
I had both a student interview as well as a 10 minute interview with faculty. The student interview was tough for me, I definitely feel like I struggled so I'm hoping that doesn't affect my acceptance decision..
This was on the same day? I'm sure you did fine!

Was the whole interview process in spanish?

Hello everyone, I am a first year MS at SJBSM, hit me up if you have any questions. Good luck on the app cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got a secondary invite, is it too late to submit? Or do they have their own timeline going?

I just got a secondary invite, is it too late to submit? Or do they have their own timeline going?
It's worth submitting. They interview fairly late if I recall, at least until April. Maybe later.

Last edited:
Does this school require all 3 sections of the Casper test? Including the duet? I only completed the actual test and snapshot not duet.
Thank you all!

anyone heard anything after interviewing? Nada?

Hey everyone, SJBSM MS1 from CA here. PM me if you have any questions.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, SJBSM MS1 from CA here. PM me if you have any questions.
What are clinical rotations like? Do students go through academic hospitals and work with residents and get good opportunities to learn (put in art lines etc.)

Does anyone know why SJB starts classes nearly a month before anywhere else? Just curious