2020-2021 San Juan Bautista

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Les llegó un correo hoy? Esta mañana me escribieron en un email "We want to inform you that your application is complete and ready for review. Also, we will proceed to conduct a credit evaluation of the required coursework submitted on your AMCAS application. Should we need additional...." Buena señal o normal? Alguien le han dicho lo mismo?
Me mandaron ese correo electronico hace unos meses atras. La semana pasada les mande un update (un transcript con todas mis classes de ciencias) y hoy en la mañana me responidieron dandome las gracias. Besides this- no. I interviewed March 15. Se supone k pronto me daran su decicion final? Primero Dios sea la A LOL

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Me mandaron ese correo electronico hace unos meses atras. La semana pasada les mande un update (un transcript con todas mis classes de ciencias) y hoy en la mañana me responidieron dandome las gracias. Besides this- no. I interviewed March 15. Se supone k pronto me daran su decicion final? Primero Dios sea la A LOL
Anyone else with updates?

Si Dios lo permite que sea la A

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted. interviewed March 19th.
I am not surprised or upset at all about this decision. Just cant seem to catch a break cause i'm 3/3 when it comes to interviews and waitlist decisions ):

I am not surprised or upset at all about this decision. Just cant seem to catch a break cause i'm 3/3 when it comes to interviews and waitlist decisions ):
So sorry to hear that. Do you know if they are still sending out interviews or they are done at this point?

Waitlisted this morning. Interviewed the week of March 22nd. La esperanza es lo ultimo que se pierde, si o no?

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted this morning. Interviewed the week of March 22nd. La esperanza es lo ultimo que se pierde, si o no?
its not over till its over! but i am surprised of so many waitlists going out. is the class full already ?

Where else did you get waitlisted ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted

two DO schools (PCOM and Touro) (I have two accounts and I’m on my phone so sorry for the confusion 😅)
I am sure you’ll get in to one of those. Keep positive. A Waitlist is better than a rejection. Just make sure to send a letter of intent to all 3 schools

For those waitlisted, I was accepted to two other schools and a masters program last year. However, SJB waitlisted me (in March of 2020). I wrote them an update letter (in late April) and let them know I was still interested and they would be my first choice over those other programs. I was accepted about a week later.

Obviously every situation is different. I remember checking SDN every day last year looking for updates anxiously so I’m here paying it forward. I recommend sending an update letter with actual updates (volunteer, school , work etc) , the school responds well to it.

I received an interview invitation, but still no vita email. Normal or should I contact them?

I received an interview invitation, but still no vita email. Normal or should I contact them?
i beleive vita is sent the next day. when i had my interview invite, vita came the next day

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you. I was going to write them tomorrow, let's keep waiting I guess
sometimes vita is also not sent out until Thursday as well, so give it one more day and if nothing thursday morning reach out!

Hello, I recently received an interview invitation for San Juan Bautista School of Medicine. If you can please provide any tips or advice about the 10-min video, I will greatly appreciate.

Hello, I recently received an interview invitation for San Juan Bautista School of Medicine. If you can please provide any tips or advice about the 10-min video, I will greatly appreciate.

Hello! Do you refer to the 10 min 1-on-1 interview with SJB staff? If so, it’s very conversational. The purpose is to assess how well you navigate Spanish. I was asked several personal questions and a couple “scenario” questions. I felt like the admissions staff member was simply “getting to know me”. She was very friendly. Good luck!

-Mauricio Carlos

Hello! Do you refer to the 10 min 1-on-1 interview with SJB staff? If so, it’s very conversational. The purpose is to assess how well you navigate Spanish. I was asked several personal questions and a couple “scenario” questions. I felt like the admissions staff member was simply “getting to know me”. She was very friendly. Good luck!

-Mauricio Carlos
Yes, I was referring to the 1-on-1 interview with SJB staff. I feel 10 minutes is so short. Do you know any of the questions they may ask?

Also, are you currently a student there?

Thank you in advance!

Yes, I was referring to the 1-on-1 interview with SJB staff. I feel 10 minutes is so short. Do you know any of the questions they may ask?

Thank you in advance!
it was ten minutes but at-least for me it was stated i had the room for a half hour, though i think that was to allow us to ask questions and add things we wanted admissions committee to know about us. I cant remember fully but i believe i was asked 4 questions. though i am sure everyones interview is unique to them!

it was ten minutes but at-least for me it was stated i had the room for a half hour, though i think that was to allow us to ask questions and add things we wanted admissions committee to know about us. I cant remember fully but i believe i was asked 4 questions. though i am sure everyones interview is unique to them!
Thank you for replying. I greatly appreciate it.

10 min interview means my answers need to be precise, profound, and short.

Thank you in advance!
Not a current student. I applied and I am waiting to hear back about my status of admission. I did my 1-on-1 March 15.

I don’t want to disclose specific questions. Just be yourself and you will be fine. They ask questions that help them get to know you. The main point of that interview is to see that you speak Spanish.

And yes, 10 min felt so short lol soon after we began I felt it was finished. You will do great! I’ll keep positive thoughts for you.

Just so you know, I did my VITA interview and didn’t get my 2nd interview invitation until 2 weeks later.. just FYI

Do you remember what questions they asked you?
No body will be able to say what did they ask them, because for what I have heard everyone gets different questions and we all signed a non-disclosure agreement to not say what was asked during interviews.
I can tell you for sure that those 10 mins are super easy, they just ask you questions to know about yourself. Don’t worry about that part, worry more about the vita which is harder and recorded.

No body will be able to say what did they ask them, because for what I have heard everyone gets different questions and we all signed a non-disclosure agreement to not say what was asked during interviews.
I can tell you for sure that those 10 mins are super easy, they just ask you questions to know about yourself. Don’t worry about that part, worry more about the vita which is harder and recorded.
Hey you’ve been accepted, yes? How long after your 1-1 interview did you get the good news? I interviewed March 15. The silence is killing me lol

Hey you’ve been accepted, yes? How long after your 1-1 interview did you get the good news? I interviewed March 15. The silence is killing me lol
For me it took a while, I interviewed in November and got my A in February. But I know people who interviewed in March and have a decision already

Not a current student. I applied and I am waiting to hear back about my status of admission. I did my 1-on-1 March 15.

I don’t want to disclose specific questions. Just be yourself and you will be fine. They ask questions that help them get to know you. The main point of that interview is to see that you speak Spanish.

And yes, 10 min felt so short lol soon after we began I felt it was finished. You will do great! I’ll keep positive thoughts for you.

Just so you know, I did my VITA interview and didn’t get my 2nd interview invitation until 2 weeks later.. just FYI
I greatly appreciate you for responding to my questions. I appreciate all the information. I wish the best for you as well!

For me it took a while, I interviewed in November and got my A in February. But I know people who interviewed in March and have a decision already
Oh great! Thank you for that insight 🙂

sorry to hear that. it is so weird that so many waitlist were given out. for the week of the 15th interviews. this cycle is crazy .
I know! Oh well.. heads held high.

SJBSM just told me that i only have 8 credits for Spanish and need 1 more credit. Does that mean i would need to take the spanish CLEP exam? if so, does anyone have advice on its level of difficulty?

SJBSM just told me that i only have 8 credits for Spanish and need 1 more credit. Does that mean i would need to take the spanish CLEP exam? if so, does anyone have advice on its level of difficulty?
I’m sorry to hear that. I was 3 credits short but was noticed early enough to take a class before the deadline.

CLEP (this late in the cycle) I assume is the only option. If you’re serious about SJB I’d look into getting review materials for CLEP. I’m a native Spanish speaker but decided to take a course instead of CLEP because I read the testing on grammar is what gets most people. (Even native speakers). So my advice is to get some study materials.

I’m sorry to hear that. I was 3 credits short but was noticed early enough to take a class before the deadline.

CLEP (this late in the cycle) I assume is the only option. If you’re serious about SJB I’d look into getting review materials for CLEP. I’m a native Spanish speaker but decided to take a course instead of CLEP because I read the testing on grammar is what gets most people. (Even native speakers). So my advice is to get some study materials.
Thanks, I will start studying now so that I can take it by the middle or end of May since the deadline for the Spanish requirement is June 3rd

Thanks, I will start studying now so that I can take it by the middle or end of May since the deadline for the Spanish requirement is June 3rd
I also have to take it! (do you reccomend any good materials )

I am a native speaker, and I was kind of worried about the grammar part because I grew up most of my life in the states. But honestly the test was super easy. If you really wanted to, you could check out some CLEP books, but personally I don't think they are necessary if you can have a smooth-ish conversation in spanish.

I am a native speaker, and I was kind of worried about the grammar part because I grew up most of my life in the states. But honestly the test was super easy. If you really wanted to, you could check out some CLEP books, but personally I don't think they are necessary if you can have a smooth-ish conversation in spanish.
unfortunately i can not hold a smooth conversation in spanish. the grammar is what trips me up.