2019-2020 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hold, complete 7/22, OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hold. Complete late July. Glad to be in such good company with all of you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone receive a rejection pre-II? Seems like they've only been giving out holds

Don't even know if it's meaningful to share because so many have posted, but I also just got the hold :/

Reactions: 1 user
hold here as well. In state

+infinity on the hold. Hi, gang!

Reactions: 2 users
Looks like I'm surfing on the hold wave with y'all. Complete mid August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not related to this post (sorry about the hold), but omg congrats on your A!!! You have some of the best posts on here, so happy for you! :)

Awww thank you so much. All these Rs and holds feel much less sad now that I've got an A in my pocket. Can't wait to see your signature change here in the next few weeks or months!

• Love
Man they must be swamped if everyone is on hold until Jan. Also held here!

Awww thank you so much. All these Rs and holds feel much less sad now that I've got an A in my pocket. Can't wait to see your signature change here in the next few weeks or months!
Just curious how is your LM score a range?

Glad we are all in such good company lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious how is your LM score a range?

Low end includes my stats without postbac work, upper end is my stats with postbac. Goro said that the LizzyM calculations aren't perfect for postbacs (i.e., postbac GPAs are often weighted more heavily for career changers) so basically I assigned myself that range to feel better about my situation.

Wanted to sneak over that coveted 70+ LM score.

• Haha
Also on hold.
Did anyone on this thread not get put on hold lol

Feels good to be held, even if just for a moment. Thank you, Rochester :shy:

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
think someone hit the wrong button in the rochester admission's office with all these holds????

I’m going to guess that this is just a general update to everybody who has not yet received an interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 6 users
I’m going to guess that this is just a general update to everybody who has not yet received an interview

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You know, I honestly liked their approach! "It's taking a long time but don't worry, we haven't forgotten about you!"

Because I was thinking maybe they did. I really actually do appreciate the updates. I wish more schools would do this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
I was complete 7/22 and I haven't heard anything

Reactions: 5 users
Hold is my most positive "decision" so far. Complete 9/25

I'm pretty sure everyone whose apps were not yet reviewed got the hold email. The email is just a courtesy to say that they are backed up, but are still reviewing apps. It's different from holds at other schools, because in the case of Rochester, they have not yet reviewed our applications.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
another hold here too, just glad it's something. oos but major ties to the school and area. Seems like they really send everything out in massive batches.

Did anyone who already interviewed here fill out the Affinity Groups Survey? I don't see any group that fits me (I'm ORM, straight, no military ties, etc) so I was wondering if it's cool to just not fill it out.

Did anyone who already interviewed here fill out the Affinity Groups Survey? I don't see any group that fits me (I'm ORM, straight, no military ties, etc) so I was wondering if it's cool to just not fill it out.

I’m interviewing in December, but the Affinity Group Survey email explicitly says this:

“Of course, if none of the affinity groups draw interest, you do not have to fill out the form. This is purely optional, and a way for you to chat with students who have similar interests as you!”

I'm pretty sure everyone whose apps were not yet reviewed got the hold email. The email is just a courtesy to say that they are backed up, but are still reviewing apps. It's different from holds at other schools, because in the case of Rochester, they have not yet reviewed our applications.
I'm really hoping you're right !! I was bummed when I got the hold email. I'm In their GPA/MCAT range and I have ties to the school

Also on hold.
Did anyone on this thread not get put on hold lol
I'm an MD/PhD candidate and I did not get put on hold. I feel like they do this hold thing to keep the stress levels down, but NOT getting put on hold is kinda freaking me out haha

So if I did not get put on hold, and I was complete mid-August, is that good or bad?

• Sad
So if I did not get put on hold, and I was complete mid-August, is that good or bad?

I’m going to guess that this is positive sign for you. Why didn’t you get put on hold? Probably because Rochester thinks you’re exceptional (because, duh, you are) and they want to meet you.

But that’s just my speculation. I do hope that this means you’re in the II pile!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Same boat as you. IDK if it’s good. They send out a wave of Rs in early December ( looking at last year).

interviewed 10/31, still waiting. i think they said 6-8 weeks though, and we can disregard thanksgiving and christmas week right? probably wont hear back until january..

Interviewed 10/31 as well. Why wouldnt we hear back until January?

They say 6-8 weeks but earlier acceptances were given after 4 weeks. Given that people were saying that there are a batch of decisions given the first week of December, im assuming we will hear back then.

Interviewed 10/31 as well. Why wouldnt we hear back until January?

They say 6-8 weeks but earlier acceptances were given after 4 weeks. Given that people were saying that there are a batch of decisions given the first week of December, im assuming we will hear back then.
didn’t know that, thanks for the information! fingers crossed we hear soon then

Interviewing here in ~2 weeks, does anyone know if they have a place to put luggage?

Hold! Thank you Rochester, very cool!

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users