2019-2020 Rochester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know how prerequisite courses are categorized? Specifically, do the expository writing courses also count towards the required humanities/social sciences/behavioural sciences courses?

Accepted into Rochester, but I'm having some last-minute anxiety about potentially being short one humanities course......

Members don't see this ad.

Just withdrew, too expensive after receiving financial aid. Good luck to anyone on the WL!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew from the school; hope one of you on the WL hear some good news soon! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know anything about waitlist movement at this school? How much/ when does it occur? Trying to figure out if I should look for housing at a different school if waitlist movement here doesn't happen until really late in the summer anyway.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone sent an update letter? I looked at their website and followed the instructions for emailing my letter last week, but am getting a little nervous I should have just uploaded it to the portal instead!

Has anyone sent an update letter? I looked at their website and followed the instructions for emailing my letter last week, but am getting a little nervous I should have just uploaded it to the portal instead!
Where on the website does it say to email updates? I called (a few months ago) and was told to upload it to the portal!

Where on the website does it say to email updates? I called (a few months ago) and was told to upload it to the portal!
It was on the same page as the application timeline and FAQs, but maybe it's a hold over from previous years. I'll give it another day and upload to the portal. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It was on the same page as the application timeline and FAQs, but maybe it's a hold over from previous years. I'll give it another day and upload to the portal. Thank you!
I uploaded to the portal but also didn't get any sort of confirmation.

Hi everyone. Does anyone still have access to MSAR and can say what waitlist movement looks like? Mine just expired haha

I withdrew my acceptance here--so hopefully my spot can go to one of y'all on the waitlist!

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else on the waitlist receive an email on April 15, asking to submit your SSN on the portal to facilitate financial aid packaging?

Did anyone else on the waitlist receive an email on April 15, asking to submit your SSN on the portal to facilitate financial aid packaging?
+1 Also got this. It seemed like it was due to a glitch in their software so I'm not reading much into it

Anyone on the WL hear something back yet or know when we're supposed to based off previous years?

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call off WL!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Gave up my WL position here cause I got accepted in my top choice program. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
Just withdrew my spot here today. I LOVED Rochester. Just couldn’t turn down another offer. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!

Reactions: 5 users
My friend just withdrew here today. Hopefully one of you gets the spot!

Was also accepted off the WL on Monday!

been following this thread for a little, but also have been on WL and am slowly giving up hope lmao

Does anyone know if Rochester drug tests at all first year? I live in a state where I'm able to partake in some completely legal fun this summer, but definitely don't want to if there will be a drug test anytime first semester. Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if Rochester drug tests at all first year? I live in a state where I'm able to partake in some completely legal fun this summer, but definitely don't want to if there will be a drug test anytime first semester. Thanks in advance!
Don’t think I’ve come across anything in the honor code or student hand book about mandatory and/or random drug tests. All of the drug/alcohol policies seem to kick in if it affects your ability to complete school activities or if you’re impaired during one. Maybe take a glance at those for yourself to see if I missed anything.

To those planning on attending: how do you feel about our virtual White Coat ceremony? I’m SO disappointed that they have not chosen to postpone it to a time when our families/loved ones could attend, considering how special of a moment it is in our academic trajectory. Am I the only one jealous of all the other med schools that are postponing it until after 2nd year?

Reactions: 1 users
To those planning on attending: how do you feel about our virtual White Coat ceremony? I’m SO disappointed that they have not chosen to postpone it to a time when our families/loved ones could attend, considering how special of a moment it is in our academic trajectory. Am I the only one jealous of all the other med schools that are postponing it until after 2nd year?
I feel the same way. I really wish they were postponing it instead. I do kind of understand their logic in that we are using our white coats pretty much day one but I still think it’d be nice for our ceremony to actually feel like a whole family celebration.