2019-2020 A.T. Still University (Mesa, Arizona) ATSU-SOMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard about interviews?
No and last year it looked like it went out around this week? I am hoping to hear something next week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
So for the experience section, are we coming up with a whole new description for the clinical stuff we put on our primary? I know I'm being lazy just wanting to copy and paste lol but wouldn't it be redundant anyway?
Also, generally speaking, would it be acceptable to add an experience you didn't add in your primary if you can talk about it?

Reactions: 1 user
Might be a dumb question, but for the clinical experiences in the supplemental , did you guys put all of them again, or just the new ones since you last applied? wording is throwing me off

ok so I just received the secondary, and I am worried about this part of the evalutions-

"Physician (D.O. or M.D.) whom you have shadowed for 20+ hours (prefer Primary Care)"

I did not shadow the D.O. who wrote my letter for 20+ hours... what should I do?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the big fat R. Best of luck everyone!

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Just got the big fat R. Best of luck everyone!
Ah sorry to hear about that! Hope the rest of the cycle treats you better. Also, were you rejected pre- or post-secondary?

ok so I just received the secondary, and I am worried about this part of the evalutions-

"Physician (D.O. or M.D.) whom you have shadowed for 20+ hours (prefer Primary Care)"

I did not shadow the D.O. who wrote my letter for 20+ hours... what should I do?
Think you will be fine. I did 16 hrs for that.

Ah sorry to hear about that! Hope the rest of the cycle treats you better. Also, were you rejected pre- or post-secondary?

Thanks! It was post secondary one of the first ones I received.

I haven't received an R yet, but I am expecting one. I just put N/A for the community health secondary because I haven't ever volunteered or worked in one :smack:

MCAT for the people that got R?

For the people who get the dreaded R, do you mind sharing if you had extensive volunteering/working with "underserved or free health clinics or the like?" I don't have much to talk about at the moment in this category and it seems that ATSU-SOMA is putting quite a bit of emphasis on these areas coming from their secondary..

Oh jeez they're sending out post secondary R's already? At least they're getting it over with instead of dragging it out ...

Looks like we're on the chopping block y'all.

Oof, seeing others already getting rejections is so nervewracking! :dead:

Just got an email saying that my application has been put on hold and that my "application may be reviewed again at a later date for future consideration". Boo.

• Sad
Just got an email saying that my application has been put on hold and that my "application may be reviewed again at a later date for future consideration". Boo.
+1

This isn't a rejection though, we're just on hold, right? Isn't that better that a flat out rejection? ^^;

• Sad
Anyone know how likely it is to come off the application hold list?

That's so strange.... there were no mentions of pre-II holds before sending out IIs last year.

That's so strange.... there were no mentions of pre-II holds before sending out IIs last year.
Yeah I have never heard of that either...maybe it's because they are increasing their class size for class of 2024? I'm not sure. They're going from 100 to 160 students though so that'd be my guess

Yeah I have never heard of that either...maybe it's because they are increasing their class size for class of 2024? I'm not sure. They're going from 100 to 160 students though so that'd be my guess
That may be why. It just seems so odd that all I've seen so far this week (yes, I know it is only Tuesday) are holds and rejections. This is the only time I've been happy about not hearing anything. Hopefully some good news is coming!

Reactions: 3 users
I was also put on the hold list this afternoon. Keeping my hopes up :)

Yes, I got an email not even an hour ago. Around 3:45 pm. I’m also an OOS student.. I wonder if they have sent any interview invites
Oof. Now I'm bracing for the pre-II hold e-mail.

Yes, I got an email not even an hour ago. Around 3:45 pm. I’m also an OOS student.. I wonder if they have sent any interview invites
I'm OOS, as well. Haven't heard anything yet and I know they've sent out holds and some rejections already. Still hoping for some good news soon!

• Love
Yeah it's still super early and I feel that they will go through the ones on hold at a later date especially since they're increasing the class size.