2018-2019 Rocky Vista University (Parker, Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Literally put in my secondary yesterday and already got rejected as of 12:00 PM.
Why even send me the secondary? Shame on them for just eating the cash.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Literally put in my secondary yesterday and already got rejected as of 12:00 PM.
Why even send me the secondary? Shame on them for just eating the cash.
RVU does not just eat the cash; doesn't work that way. All files are reviewed and considered for an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today. OOS, no connections to CO whatsoever. I didn't apply to UT.

Last edited:
Hey guys, would it be too late to apply here? I only applied to MD schools this cycle, but my dad is moving to Parker and it’d be great to go to this school with family around. Would I need a DO letter of recommendation as well?

Scheduled for the 12/5 PM slot. Is that 80% post-interview acceptance rate for real? Imposter syndrome hitting hard in three, two, one...

Scheduled for the 12/5 PM slot. Is that 80% post-interview acceptance rate for real? Imposter syndrome hitting hard in three, two, one...
Yes, they even let us tried on the white coat on the interview day. Just relax, be yourself and truthful, and you'll be fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrawing my acceptance here, good luck to everybody!

Hey guys, would it be too late to apply here? I only applied to MD schools this cycle, but my dad is moving to Parker and it’d be great to go to this school with family around. Would I need a DO letter of recommendation as well?

Not too late to apply.

Pre-II rejection today, sighs. Stats are OOS, 3.6/507, and was complete Nov 6.

Go for it!

I applied with all MD or PhD letters and received an interview, so you definitely don't need a DO letter. But they are very strict about the one physician letter and two science faculty letters. And the science faculty letters must indicate which course they taught you in.

Go ahead and apply. I had a letter from a DO but my MD letter was much better so I used that and still got an interview. i.e. DO letter is recommended but not a deal breaker

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 11/7. Heard I would hear back early this week. Anyone interview that date and hear anything yet?

Interviewed on 11/7. Heard I would hear back early this week. Anyone interview that date and hear anything yet?

I interviewed that day too. They specifically said the committee was meeting on the 16th and we would hear on the 19th or 20th, so don't stress. Next week we should hear back!!!

hi everyone, first year here. RVU is amazing. I got accepted to 6 programs last year, but ultimately choose RVU due to the incredibly supportive environment. 6 months in now - I can't even believe how much of an impact that has made in my med school experience. Good luck to everyone applying and to those still waiting - don't lose HOPE. Several of my classmates got in 2 weeks before school started. Hope to see some of your faces around next year!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hello Everyone,
Can anyone tell me about their timeline from experience? I applied kind of late 10/15, the portal status changed 2 days ago - File Complete. I'm so nervous, because this is one of my favorite schools. Best wishes for all of us!!

Hello Everyone,
Can anyone tell me about their timeline from experience? I applied kind of late 10/15, the portal status changed 2 days ago - File Complete. I'm so nervous, because this is one of my favorite schools. Best wishes for all of us!!
Change your settings on contact details to allow conversations, and I'll PM you.

ACCEPTED!!! I cant believe it!!

Reactions: 2 users
Received my first rejection pre II from RVU today. It stings haha. Stats are 3.88 GPA and 505 MCAT, IS, 500 hours of phlebotomy experience and over 100 hours of shadowing/volunteer experience. Sigh

Interview Invite. Stats 500, 3.6, 3000 hours CNA, research ect.....

Last edited:
I got accepted on 11/19. I'm like 90% sure this is my school. I'm still waiting to here back from some others but I got a good feeling I am ending up here, which I am very excited about! Anyone else who is pretty sure they are going here next year add me on IG mac_i. I'd love to exchange messages with y'all and talk about this upcoming year at rocky vista

or has anyone created a Rocky Vista class of 2023 facebook page yet?

Accepted! Ahhh the "circle" ~ Also can someone please comment on the rotation sites of this school? Literally the ONLY thing I have any hesitation on~
They didn't give much info on interview day since there were only 2nd years but i'm sure you can ask for a 3rd/4th yr students contact info from the admissions office to ask questions about rotations- they are very open and definitely would want your questions to be answered.

Thank you!

They didn't give much info on interview day since there were only 2nd years but i'm sure you can ask for a 3rd/4th yr students contact info from the admissions office to ask questions about rotations- they are very open and definitely would want your questions to be answered.

Go ahead and apply. I had a letter from a DO but my MD letter was much better so I used that and still got an interview. i.e. DO letter is recommended but not a deal breaker
Don't they want you to have shadowed a DO at least (ergo, a letter would be available)?...most DO schools want to be sure you know what osteopathy involves, even in the end if you never use it.

Accepted! Ahhh the "circle" ~ Also can someone please comment on the rotation sites of this school? Literally the ONLY thing I have any hesitation on~

Haha "the circle" was great and definitely helped in making me feel more comfortable during interview day. Im the guy from Florida btw!!

Just got an interview tonight! So excited!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Don't they want you to have shadowed a DO at least (ergo, a letter would be available)?...most DO schools want to be sure you know what osteopathy involves, even in the end if you never use it.

Yes. Experience with a DO is important. I only shadowed one DO ever but I scribed for multiple DOs and was able to put that on my application.

Anyone interviewed early December and got the acceptance call? How long was it before you got the call?

Anyone interviewed early December and got the acceptance call? How long was it before you got the call?
We were told that the admissions committee meets on 12/14 and we hear back the following Monday or Tuesday.

Just withdrew my acceptance here. Good luck to everyone and if you're still waiting keep your hopes up!

Interviewed last week (Dec 7th). Just withdrew my app as I've been accepted to my state MD school. Good luck everyone! The campus was beautiful.

How do you know you were denied due to gpa? Do they give feedback?
Hi! Sorry for my super late reply! I emailed and asked for feedback, mostly because I was so shocked I got denied so quickly (4 business hours after I was complete). Worth a shot with any school if you'd like more insight! Good luck with everything :)

so i don't mean to spread negativity about the school around or anything, just looking for information to help make decisions in the coming months. I found the institutional snapshot for 2018 and it shows that the average comlex step 1 scores fell by a good amount.

http://www.rvu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/2018-RVU-Institutional-Snapshot-102618.pdf

the previous years averages have all been significantly higher than the 50% percentile rank based on this website: CBT Score Conversion

i realize that your board scores are dependent on your own performance and not necessarily the school, but i was kind of perplexed as to why the drastic decrease relative to the previous 4-5 years. can any student shed light on that? could it be because of the new utah campus?

Lol, what are you talking about? The 551 average on COMLEX 1 for the graduating class of 2018 was a >60th percentile score for the time range that they took it (~2 years ago). You probably plugged "2017-2018" for "date taken" in the percentile converter, which would've been wrong, because the class of 2018 didn't take COMLEX 1 in 2017 or 2018.

yep, I read it wrong, I was comparing to the reported board scores of another school and they had theirs listed for each year, not separated into graduating class. i thought this was the same. thanks

Anyone know if the match data for 2018 is public? I have 2017 and 2016.

How long has it taken for your portal to be updated for background check/ drug test?
My background check took 3 weeks from the time I registered.
How long has it taken for your portal to be updated for background check/ drug test?
My background check took 3 weeks to show up. My first drug test was dilute and I had to take another one 3 days ago, so I'm still waiting for that to show up. But, they receive your background check/drug test results a few days before the portal is updated. The date on the portal will reflect that.

My background check took 3 weeks from the time I registered.

My background check took 3 weeks to show up. My first drug test was dilute and I had to take another one 3 days ago, so I'm still waiting for that to show up. But, they receive your background check/drug test results a few days before the portal is updated. The date on the portal will reflect that.

Where does it show that it is done? Mine has a date for it, but nothing else saying passed or whatever. I assume that means I passed everything?

Also, bumping my q about 2018 match data. I have decisions to make!