2018-2019 Rocky Vista University (Parker, Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where does it show that it is done? Mine has a date for it, but nothing else saying passed or whatever. I assume that means I passed everything?

Also, bumping my q about 2018 match data. I have decisions to make!

Yeah mine just has a date. I'm assuming if there was a failed drug test or background check that they would contact you.

2018 match data: http://www.rvu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Residency_MatchList_2018.pdf

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah mine just has a date. I'm assuming if there was a failed drug test or background check that they would contact you.

2018 match data: http://www.rvu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Residency_MatchList_2018.pdf

Super helpful. From the standpoint of someone who has only DO acceptances (so far), but wants anything but FM, seeing so many surgery and ortho matches is pretty great. 8 ortho matches is insane. RVU seems to be a great choice for someone who thinks surgery is the right fit (like me, though I acknowledge that changes).

I also have some inside info on what they really care about in apps for next years people, as well as a pretty funny story, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to share that without sharing too much and also without doxxing myself. Most of the stuff I know is already posted about pretty widely on this thread, though.

Any December interviewees got calls or emails yet? I got nothing yesterday, but they said Monday or Tuesday, so maybe news will come today...?

Members don't see this ad :)
Any December interviewees got calls or emails yet? I got nothing yesterday, but they said Monday or Tuesday, so maybe news will come today...?

Got the acceptance call few minutes ago!! So relieved :)

Received a pre-II rejection today. RV missed out on a great applicant...haha....ha. Best of luck to the rest of you and congrats to everyone already accepted. :)

Super helpful. From the standpoint of someone who has only DO acceptances (so far), but wants anything but FM, seeing so many surgery and ortho matches is pretty great. 8 ortho matches is insane. RVU seems to be a great choice for someone who thinks surgery is the right fit (like me, though I acknowledge that changes).

I also have some inside info on what they really care about in apps for next years people, as well as a pretty funny story, but I'm trying to figure out the best way to share that without sharing too much and also without doxxing myself. Most of the stuff I know is already posted about pretty widely on this thread, though.

I'm applying next year and definitely interested in any info you are willing to share. PM or otherwise.

Hi everyone. I am planning on attending RVU in July. I'm going to the accepted students day on Friday March 29th and staying Saturday and Sunday to look at apartments. If anybody wants to meet there and look at apartments with me, shoot me a PM. Looking forward to meeting some fellow classmates!

Additionally, if any current students have any advice that they'd like share regarding living in the area, also please PM me.

Hi all! I have been unable to find this information on this thread (sorry if it has already been answered) or in any of the emails/documentation. I was wondering what forms of ID are necessary to bring for an interview. Would I be safe bringing state ID and passport? Thanks for the help.

Hi all! I have been unable to find this information on this thread (sorry if it has already been answered) or in any of the emails/documentation. I was wondering what forms of ID are necessary to bring for an interview. Would I be safe bringing state ID and passport? Thanks for the help.
I only brought a state ID and didn't have any issues

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got II! Really excited to go check out the campus.

Supplemental submitted: 12/24
FILEC: 1/16
II: 1/18

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hello!
Do any current students live in Denver while going to RVU? I plan on attending RVU in the fall and was hoping for some advice on the various Denver neighborhoods. Any help is appreciated :). Thanks!

Hi everyone. I am planning on attending RVU in July. I'm going to the accepted students day on Friday March 29th and staying Saturday and Sunday to look at apartments. If anybody wants to meet there and look at apartments with me, shoot me a PM. Looking forward to meeting some fellow classmates!

Additionally, if any current students have any advice that they'd like share regarding living in the area, also please PM me.
Is there a link to accepted students day or a way I can find out more information about it? I haven't seen anything and would definitely be interested in a day like this. Thanks!

Are any of you APS students also an HPSP recipient?

Is there a link to accepted students day or a way I can find out more information about it? I haven't seen anything and would definitely be interested in a day like this. Thanks!

I emailed admissions to get that date. I don't think its really planned out yet

Hello!
Do any current students live in Denver while going to RVU? I plan on attending RVU in the fall and was hoping for some advice on the various Denver neighborhoods. Any help is appreciated :). Thanks!
Hello! First year RVU student here. Just made this account to help some of you out and provide some insight. I actually live in Denver and love it. The commute to campus is not bad and it makes it easier to go to downtown during the weekends. Feel free to PM me or post on here with any questions!

Hello! First year RVU student here. Just made this account to help some of you out and provide some insight. I actually live in Denver and love it. The commute to campus is not bad and it makes it easier to go to downtown during the weekends. Feel free to PM me or post on here with any questions!

Thank you for doing this!

How do you feel about the merger? I was recently accepted and really like RVU-CO as a school, but worried that the merger will change the dynamics of the school especially with the possibly of staff leaving.

How do you feel about the merger? I was recently accepted and really like RVU-CO as a school, but worried that the merger will change the dynamics of the school especially with the possibly of staff leaving.

do you mean the ACGME/AOA merger or is there another one I don't know about?

do you mean the ACGME/AOA merger or is there another one I don't know about?

St George University (Caribbean school) owned by Medforth bought/merged with RVU. The dean of RVU announced this merger awhile ago and there has been a lot of speculation about what this will bring to RVU.

Congrats on your acceptance! So, before this became official, the Dean had a mandatory talk with my class and talked through what was going on with the situation. He also opened the discussion and answered the questions we had about it too. I was impressed with his attempt to be transparent. He told us it doesn't change the day-to-day of RVU and honestly, I believe him. I haven't noticed anything different. Additionally, to my knowledge at least, the only faculty that are leaving are because of retirement reasons. So my life as a first year hasn't changed during this time and I really am not that worried going forward.

Just got put on the alternate list :~)

Anyone know chances of getting taken off? I know they accept 100% of their accepted pending but I don’t think I’m on that list.

Does anyone have the code to get a discount for a car rental through enterprise? I used it for my interview, but can't seem to find the page that I found it on last time.

Does anyone have the code to get a discount for a car rental through enterprise? I used it for my interview, but can't seem to find the page that I found it on last time.
Heads up, when I interviewed it was much cheaper without the code. I would look at the price with and without the code.

Was anyone placed on the accepted pending space list last year? Curious to see when you were officially offered a spot

Reactions: 2 users
To everyone who is currently on the APS list.. when did you interview?

I interviewed on 2/1 and was put on the APS list on the 2/11.

I emailed the admissions office trying to find out any further information last week. She said they met recently and think they will be able to most likely get everyone off the list for this class. She said may 1st would be telling day as that is the last day for deposits for accepted students. Otherwise she couldn’t tell me the APS list size, but that the list itself is not ranked. Hope this helps a little bit.

Hi, everyone! RVUCOM-CO is one of my top choices for this upcoming cycle (19-20) and was wondering if I could PM any current students about their experiences with the school. I have a 3.6/512 OOS, so if anyone has any advice about what RVUCOM looks for as a good fit with students, it'd be greatly appreciated!

Hi, everyone! RVUCOM-CO is one of my top choices for this upcoming cycle (19-20) and was wondering if I could PM any current students about their experiences with the school. I have a 3.6/512 OOS, so if anyone has any advice about what RVUCOM looks for as a good fit with students, it'd be greatly appreciated!
You can pm me if you like.

anyone know any great places to live that allow pets around the area?

Accepted last Thursday (4/04/19) from the Accepted pending list! Interviewed end of January, LM~69 and OOS.

Really excited about this school, does any one have any insight on research opportunities and clinical student involvement? Also do you think we could get by without a car.. praying my Toyota 2007 can make the haul

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted last Thursday (4/04/19) from the Accepted pending list! Interviewed end of January, LM~69 and OOS.

Really excited about this school, does any one have any insight on research opportunities and clinical student involvement? Also do you think we could get by without a car.. praying my Toyota 2007 can make the haul
That’s awesome! Congrats on your acceptance!!

Hey Guys- Wanted to give a few tips for anyone coming to our campus!
1) If you are coming from CA or somewhere else warm like I did budget for that when you take your loans! I knew I'd need some warmer clothes, but I did not really account for the cost of jackets and boots etc. Also I had to get new all weather tires for my car. All in all I think between nice new jackets and boots for me and the hubs and new tires we spent about $1500.
2) I had to get a new lap top because the exam software we use only runs on Windows 10. So potentially budget for that as well! Also I probably spent $500 dollars more on coffee and eating out than I planned.
3) You have to buy equipment- ie stethoscope, otoscope. I bought mine on Amazon and ebay for like 300, but the school does a deal c/ a medical equipment company where it's more expensive. I actually wish I had gone for this deal, because the quality of the materials is higher and there is a warranty. I'm not sure what the deal with Welch-Allen was, but be sure to budget an additional $600-900!
4) If you want to be kind to yourself, take time off before school... but if you really want to give yourself a little edge for next year here are a few things you could try:
The Moore's Clinically Oriented Anatomy - specifically the introductory chapter and the chapters on back, upper limb, and lower limb could all be useful reads. You are required to buy this book, but it's not too expensive! Honestly it's not gonna help that much, but you can at least get familiar with the amount of material. Get faster at typing if you are not a touch typer. The keyboards we use for standardized patient encounters are generic black ones you would find c/ a desktop computer. Also figure out if you would use anki and then download the image occlusion extension and learn how to use it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey Guys- Wanted to give a few tips for anyone coming to our campus!
1) If you are coming from CA or somewhere else warm like I did budget for that when you take your loans! I knew I'd need some warmer clothes, but I did not really account for the cost of jackets and boots etc. Also I had to get new all weather tires for my car. All in all I think between nice new jackets and boots for me and the hubs and new tires we spent about $1500.
2) I had to get a new lap top because the exam software we use only runs on Windows 10. So potentially budget for that as well! Also I probably spent $500 dollars more on coffee and eating out than I planned.
3) You have to buy equipment- ie stethoscope, otoscope. I bought mine on Amazon and ebay for like 300, but the school does a deal c/ a medical equipment company where it's more expensive. I actually wish I had gone for this deal, because the quality of the materials is higher and there is a warranty. I'm not sure what the deal with Welch-Allen was, but be sure to budget an additional $600-900!
4) If you want to be kind to yourself, take time off before school... but if you really want to give yourself a little edge for next year here are a few things you could try:
The Moore's Clinically Oriented Anatomy - specifically the introductory chapter and the chapters on back, upper limb, and lower limb could all be useful reads. You are required to buy this book, but it's not too expensive! Honestly it's not gonna help that much, but you can at least get familiar with the amount of material. Get faster at typing if you are not a touch typer. The keyboards we use for standardized patient encounters are generic black ones you would find c/ a desktop computer. Also figure out if you would use anki and then download the image occlusion extension and learn how to use it!

As a current 2nd year I've only ever used a mac for exams. I think that every operating system can run the exam software. They just "recommend" windows.

As a current 2nd year I've only ever used a mac for exams. I think that every operating system can run the exam software. They just "recommend" windows.
So you don’t need to have windows? I put in for a Mac through my scholarship because I didn’t see a recommended computer but I can try and change it need be. Would it be easier to have a pc?

Sorry for scaring the mac users! I don't know anything about how old of a model works for that system. I had an older windows computer so I had to get a new one, I was just trying to give people a heads up. Tons of people use macs on campus so if you get one you should be fine.