2018-2019 Rocky Vista University (Parker, Colorado)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As a current 2nd year I've only ever used a mac for exams. I think that every operating system can run the exam software. They just "recommend" windows.
I'm just going with what they told us in orientation- I was told that my old lenovo would not be able to run exemplify because it was running an older version of windows. I was not trying to disqualify macs, just older windows computers!

Members don't see this ad.

What are some places that y’all are looking at for housing in the area?

Hey guys! Finishing up first year and want to make myself available to answer any questions. I know that a couple of my colleagues are already on here, but am happy to add to the conversation as a non-trad from the east coast. Feel free to PM me as well.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
To everyone on the APS list:

I wish you the best. It’s probably been a stressful few months of waiting and hoping. The bittersweet reality of the 2019 match list was tough to digest, I know. But these next few weeks might show some significant movement for us. Regardless, I hope you’re all doing well and hope to see you all soon.

To everyone on the APS list:

I wish you the best. It’s probably been a stressful few months of waiting and hoping. The bittersweet reality of the 2019 match list was tough to digest, I know. But these next few weeks might show some significant movement for us. Regardless, I hope you’re all doing well and hope to see you all soon.

I’ve been anxiously waiting every day for news haha, as I’m sure everyone else has.

Withdrew my acceptance for school closer to home. Good luck to everyone!

So I applied here but never bothered to do the secondary. Anyone else get an email recommending SGU to rejected students? Kind of scummy.

Reactions: 1 users
I was rejected by RVU many months ago, but I got a notification on my phone earlier that I got an email from them. I expected it to be another one of those invitations to an SMP with linkage to the med school... I’ve gotten several of those from schools that rejected me.

I open the email, and it’s an invitation to apply to Saint George’s University—yes, the one in the Caribbean. I know that the same company owns both SGU and RVU, but it definitely rubs me the wrong way that a DO school is encouraging people to apply to an offshore school with 40%+ attrition.

Reactions: 2 users
So you don’t need to have windows? I put in for a Mac through my scholarship because I didn’t see a recommended computer but I can try and change it need be. Would it be easier to have a pc?
Did they offer a scholarship?

Brutal.
I got rejected too with higher stats as well. Also more volunteering than clinical (guess they prefer non-trads who have more time to actually work)
Or students who had no choice but to work throughout undergrad. It sucked then, but I'm hoping it pays off now!