2018-2019 Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nah I think they was probably too busy with Match Week

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing here, but it’s getting late enough in the cycle that I feel like they have to tell us something next week. Or is that not sound logic?

If they don't tell us anything by next week we should all just withdraw to teach them not to keep us waiting :p

Reactions: 2 users
Nothing here, but it’s getting late enough in the cycle that I feel like they have to tell us something next week. Or is that not sound logic?
They're probably waiting for their white coat ceremony. Just in case, you know?

Reactions: 3 users
Posting here because I'm still confused for those of us with the generic " interim decision" message. With March 15th passed shouldn't they have made decisions on WL vs A vs R at least at this point? I know their cycle got delayed from weather but the aamc website says "4. By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS."

Posting here because I'm still confused for those of us with the generic " interim decision" message. With March 15th passed shouldn't they have made decisions on WL vs A vs R at least at this point? I know their cycle got delayed from weather but the aamc website says "4. By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS."

There have been plenty of acceptances, no? There's no obligation to give everyone a decision by March 15th, just enough people to fill the class. If that's all they did then more acceptances will come

There have been plenty of acceptances, no? There's no obligation to give everyone a decision by March 15th, just enough people to fill the class. If that's all they did then more acceptances will come
Hopefully, I guess I figured that they would have gone through everyone's app and known who they wanted to waitlist / accept. Here's to keeping our heads up!

Reactions: 1 users
For reference, it looks like Feinberg's class size is about 160 in past years and the current facebook group for accepted students is at 298 members, so they are following AAMC protocol.

For reference, it looks like Feinberg's class size is about 160 in past years and the current facebook group for accepted students is at 298 members, so they are following AAMC protocol.
Yeah, but the past few class pages are all around 380 members, suggesting that while they’re probably following AAMC protocol, they likely still have quite a few acceptances to send out.

Anyone have an idea of when we’re supposed to hear about financial aid/merit scholarships this week? Had my fingers crossed for today but that’s probably wishful thinking...

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How many merit scholarships does Feinberg give? I remember they mentioned it on interview day but of course I forgot

How many merit scholarships does Feinberg give? I remember they mentioned it on interview day but of course I forgot
Pretty sure it was around 30% of their class, but the amount varies.

how likely is it that we are gonna get another shock-inducing Feinberg newsletter this week about their Match instead of decisions?

okay not the be that person but is it time to abandon hope for an A yet?

how likely is it that we are gonna get another shock-inducing Feinberg newsletter this week about their Match instead of decisions?
lol looks like our paranoia cycles match up

Has anyone called to see if they have a date/timeline...? We were told mid-Feb so this is getting a bit absurd

Reactions: 4 users
okay not the be that person but is it time to abandon hope for an A yet?

There were people who interviewed in Dec, were deferred in Jan, and were accepted mid-March last cycle. There have still gotta be some A's out there, but no idea how many

Man this wait is frustrating, I swear if decisions aren’t released this week I’m going to....

wait for next week because I’m at the mercy of this system.

Reactions: 22 users
Has anyone gotten any information about financial or merit aid yet? I can't see anything when I log into Caesar.

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone gotten any information about financial or merit aid yet? I can't see anything when I log into Caesar.

Nothing yet, and nothing in Caesar either... hopefully they stick to their timeline of this week

What attire should we wear for second look? Would mildly ripped jeans be a no-no?

Spoke to Admissions a couple days ago. There are still some waitlists, rejections, and acceptances coming. All results should be out by the end of the month. Idk how I feel guys :(

Reactions: 10 users
What attire should we wear for second look? Would mildly ripped jeans be a no-no?

Probably fine for any casual events with other students but if there's any dinners or anything like that with faculty involved business casual is probably safest.

To those who got interviews, would you mind disclosing your ECs?

500 clinical hrs, 600 hrs research (mostly bench, 1 poster 2 pubs), 1000 at a biotech job, 60 volunteer, 25 shadowing, other typical stuff like tutoring/mentoring, etc..

does anyone have this year’s match list, just as a list? it’s sorted by speciality on their website which is kinda confusing when I’m just tryna get the quick summary

Totally 10000% kidding, but I thought this was funny:
Waiting for that merit/financial aid email like...

Attachments

• C84EDF02-C7B2-4D4A-92AA-B3CB5D940C2F.jpeg
    C84EDF02-C7B2-4D4A-92AA-B3CB5D940C2F.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 143
Reactions: 6 users
Just checked CAESAR, got a grant and a scholarship.

Edit: no email, just the update in CAESAR

Last edited:
I can see a scholarship in my caesar, but haven't received an email about it yet. Any one else? Not sure if this is a confirmed scholarship

I can see a scholarship in my caesar, but haven't received an email about it yet. Any one else? Not sure if this is a confirmed scholarship

I can see one (and a grant) in certain parts of the Caesar fin aid portal but not in all of them...which section are you looking under?

So I can see grant and scholarship if I go to fin aid history, but not the financial aid link which still says inquiry access denied

So I can see grant and scholarship if I go to fin aid history, but not the financial aid link which still says inquiry access denied

Yes same for me! I wonder if it’s real or some kind of placeholder or something....

Yes same for me! I wonder if it’s real or some kind of placeholder or something....
Wondering the same thing... Would anyone be willing to share how much their scholarship amount is so we can compare if we all have the same thing or not?

I just see a grant in mine, no scholarship. Maybe this is legit. It would be nice to have an explanation of what we're seeing. I'm sure it's just a matter of being patient, but not my strength!

do those of you with scholarships/grants see an amount for just 2019-2020, or multiple academic years?

For those who got a merit scholarship, is that also listed in the financial aid history page?

For those who got a merit scholarship, is that also listed in the financial aid history page?
I think merit scholarships are communicated by admissions office? Idk if the scholarship on CAESAR is a merit scholarship...

Holy cow.... imma wait until I get an email to internalize this as a confirmed reality

I think merit scholarships are communicated by admissions office? Idk if the scholarship on CAESAR is a merit scholarship...
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty positive what is listed under the financial aid history page is a merit based scholarship. Need-based aid is listed as grants

I have a grant listed under financial aid history, no scholarship.

Holy cow.... imma wait until I get an email to internalize this as a confirmed reality

So I assume you received a merit scholarship then?? (If so congrats!!!).

To those who received scholarships, what are they listed as? Mine explicitly says “medical school grant”, but I don’t have a scholarship listed. Yours is called scholarship, yeah?

To those who received scholarships, what are they listed as? Mine explicitly says “medical school grant”, but I don’t have a scholarship listed. Yours is called scholarship, yeah?
mine says "medical school scholarship"

Indeed, thanks!

For me there is a number next to “grant” and a number next to “scholarship”