2018-2019 Mayo Clinic School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From reading through the AZ thread, someone called the admissions office over there and they said decisions would come out around the middle of next week. They also said at one point they’re planning to release decisions at the same time as the MN campus. So it just confirms that they’re following the same timeline as previous years and we only have another week of waiting!

Hey! are we sure the decisions come out this week? Has anyone called? I'm going o look through the packet they gave out at interviews to see if there is any info in there.

id put it at 85% certainty

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! are we sure the decisions come out this week? Has anyone called? I'm going o look through the packet they gave out at interviews to see if there is any info in there.
when I went, they said end of jan to early feb. now, I think we all know to not trust strangers, attractive ppls, or med schools, but the applicants from last year got the first wave on Feb 12. For them, 2/12 was the Monday of Valentine's week (like us). I'm sure Mayo will still drag this out for no reason but there's slight reason to believe we are gonna hear something soon if not post 2 pm today.

Reactions: 2 users
when I went, they said end of jan to early feb. now, I think we all know to not trust strangers, attractive ppls, or med schools, but the applicants from last year got the first wave on Feb 12. For them, 2/12 was the Monday of Valentine's week (like us). I'm sure Mayo will still drag this out for no reason but there's slight reason to believe we are gonna hear something soon if not post 2 pm today.
Someone from the AZ thread called and said their admissions was waiting on MN to release but it would be this week, likely in the middle of the week

Members don't see this ad :)
They've already decided. They're just not going to tell us yet.

*neuroticism intensifies*

Reactions: 4 users
Someone from the AZ thread called and said their admissions was waiting on MN to release but it would be this week, likely in the middle of the week
yeaaaaaah I don't take it that anyone actually knows when they'll get released UNTIL they're released. I think ppl have gotten and heard so many different times and ranges and dates and all that jazz, and I think Mayo reps kind of just throw a date out and bank on the hope that they'll be done by then. Not to bash Mayo at all; I love this school with THE passion. But at the end of the dayo, Mayo is a top tier and they know that we will sit here and wait as long as necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Lol this week is the week from hell in school right now and I have this to sit and wait for...

Lol this week is the week from hell in school right now and I have this to sit and wait for...
rightttt and for the past two years Mayo has released their first wave on Monday. I have no intention on believing anything other than their past patterns. maybe i'll get surprised but if calls go out today I wish everyone the best of luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
Popping in from the AZ thread to wish everyone good luck!

Guys... I just got a call! Don't know what to do!!!!

They said I'm pre-approved to refinance my house, but it would be variable rate and I'm expecting the Fed to keep up its hawkish approach over the next few years. I also don't own a home.

:troll:

Reactions: 18 users

They said I'm pre-approved to refinance my house, but it would be variable rate and I'm expecting the Fed to keep up its hawkish approach over the next few years. I also don't own a home.

Did you ever think you had the power to remotely increase strangers' blood pressure? Cause you do.

Also, I still laughed.

Reactions: 17 users

:troll:

Limitless humor in humorless world.

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone should bite the bullet and call the MN admission office

:poke:

Edit 1:08 PST: I just called and Teresa is in a meeting. The person who I talked to couldn't give me information about the decision date but said Teresa would know. If any brave soul wants to follow up in an hour or so that would be appreciated by everyone I'm sure. I just called on my lunch break.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
Has there been a history of them ever accepting anyone that doesn't get the "Highly Ranked" email?

Has there been a history of them ever accepting anyone that doesn't get the "Highly Ranked" email?
Yeah, from last year's thread the "highly ranked" email wasn't indicative of anything really. Some people who got it, got rejected and some people who didn't, got accepted. I think that is why they changed the wording of the email this year, but I still don't think it's anywhere near a sure thing either way whether you got it or not

Due to an effort to focus on our rebranding strategy during the upcoming year, Mayo Clinic will not be offering any acceptances during the 2018-2019 application cycle.

Please know that this decision was difficult for us. We thank you for your time, energy, patience, and financial investment.

Reactions: 12 users
looks like tomorrow is the "middle of the week" lets all commiserate tn

Good luck getting any sleep tonight folks. Boutta bomb some melatonin go night night

Good luck getting any sleep tonight folks. Boutta bomb some melatonin go night night

More like whiskey, valerian root, melatonin, and guided meditations.

i remembered that this might be happening today and my chest just seized a bit

Reactions: 5 users
Long time lurker here. Just got the phone call from Mayo, it has begun guys!

Reactions: 12 users
@Zeke8600 just tried to PM you but it didn't go through

I tried to message you and got the same result.

Anyone know if you can turn off your “thanks for letting me troll, but please don’t send me any mean PMs” filter through the app? I just looked and wasn’t able to find the button.

I tried to message you and got the same result.

Anyone know if you can turn off your “thanks for letting me troll, but please don’t send me any mean PMs” filter through the app? I just looked and wasn’t able to find the button.
Hey! Try it now, I changed some settings so it may work now

Just got the call! Accepted!!!

Reactions: 13 users
its happening guys. good luck my friends, ill be sobbing quietly in the background

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats!!! That's so awesome!! Who called you? Were they also your interviewer?

Watch six episodes of New Amsterdam, drink plenty of fluids, and see how you feel in the morning.

i just keep telling myself that im gonna wait for the portals so i dont keep checking my phone every dang minute but that just means i keep refreshing my portal every dang minute

Congrats!!! That's so awesome!! Who called you? Were they also your interviewer?
It was not my interviewer. He was someone from the admissions committee.

To answer some other questions I might get: interviewed November 5th, got the high ranked email, and if you did the FAFSA already, they said you'll hear back in about 10 days with financial info.

It was not my interviewer. He was someone from the admissions committee.

To answer some other questions I might get: interviewed November 5th, got the high ranked email, and if you did the FAFSA already, they said you'll hear back in about 10 days with financial info.
Thanks for the info...sorry, one more question, did you writ any type of letter (intent or interest)? Sorry again for the questions!!!

No worries! Happy to help. I did *sort of* write a letter of interest by expressing extreme interest in the school in my thank you notes and in my response to Dr. Fischer's high ranked email I told him Mayo is one of my top choices of schools and told him everything that made it one of my top choices.
Thanks for the info...sorry, one more question, did you writ any type of letter (intent or interest)? Sorry again for the questions!!!

No worries! Happy to help. I did *sort of* write a letter of interest by expressing extreme interest in the school in my thank you notes and in my response to Dr. Fischer's high ranked email I told him Mayo is one of my top choices of schools and told him everything that made it one of my top choices.
thanks so much! Congrats again!!! Now go celebrate!

JUST GOT THE CALL! I am literally crying right now I’m so happy. My student interviewer called me and I did get the highly interested email and sent an LOI.

Reactions: 11 users
I'm not quite sure if I want to ask this question because I fear the answer...but have any 2+2 applicants out there received a call today?

I'm not quite sure if I want to ask this question because I fear the answer...but have any 2+2 applicants out there received a call today?
I think we were at the same interview (11/15?) and have yet to hear anything. I have a test in 1.5 hours, how am I supposed to concentrate lol

I think we were at the same interview (11/15?) and have yet to hear anything. I have a test in 1.5 hours, how am I supposed to concentrate lol
Yes! I think we were haha. Oof, that's tough, good luck! Our answers will come when they come, granted I'll agonize until I know my destiny, but nevertheless we persist. Did you send a LOI / did you get a "highly ranked" email? (currently trying to calm my nerves by scouring the internet and gathering as much information to put behind my fate as possible)

Yes! I think we were haha. Oof, that's tough, good luck! Our answers will come when they come, granted I'll agonize until I know my destiny, but nevertheless we persist. Did you send a LOI / did you get a "highly ranked" email? (currently trying to calm my nerves by scouring the internet and gathering as much information to put behind my fate as possible)

I did send a letter of interest in early December, but did not get the "highly ranked" email in January (which still terrifies me to be honest). Did you?

I did send a letter of interest in early December, but did not get the "highly ranked" email in January (which still terrifies me to be honest). Did you?
Nope nope, sent a LOI early December as well and received emails back from my interviewer and Mr. Huston, but nothing since so at least we're in the same boat? (who knows if our boat is a good one to be in though)