2017-2018 Wright State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If anybody has been accepted out of state, would you mind sharing stats? You can PM if you want or whatever. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

New to SDN

Is there a difference between the Alternate list and Wait list?
For most schools the waitlist is basically putting you on hold pre-II and alternate list is putting you on a list they can draw from for an acceptance when you are post-II. Although, WSU might use both terms interchangeably.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got an interview invite today for March. Can anybody tell me how their interviews went? Especially if you know: whether your interviewers were teaching faculty or community physicians, whether they will only know non-grade and non-MCAT items of my application, and whether it was a “get to know you” kind of experience or getting quizzed with tough questions. Thanks.

I’m OOS, LizzyM ~67, and am new to digging into info about BSOM because I’ve been focusing on my instate schools until recently.
First of all congrats! Secondly they were anything from teaching faculty, to students, to attending physicians, to admissions faculty. Mine was pretty much all about my application and about my path toward where I am now. It was heavily geared toward "why medicine" in terms of how my path shows my passion for becoming a doctor. The interview was very relaxed but don't get to comfy. Be very professional especially if you get a student interviewer. Show your personality in the interview

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know the ETA for a post interview response?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
At my interview they said the committee would meet in three weeks for our interview date and then mail out decisions. So she said we should expect to hear within 4 weeks.

I have an interview coming up soon and I am really excited! Does anyone have any suggestions? They would be greatly appreciated!!!

I have an interview coming up soon and I am really excited! Does anyone have any suggestions? They would be greatly appreciated!!!
It is two 45 min long interviews. Mine were all about my application so it was very conversational. I give the same warning to everyone...if a student interviews you, please be professional and don't think it is time to relax and kick back. They can be much tougher than the other interviewers.

Reactions: 3 users
It is two 45 min long interviews. Mine were all about my application so it was very conversational. I give the same warning to everyone...if a student interviews you, please be professional and don't think it is time to relax and kick back. They can be much tougher than the other interviewers.
Thank you, greatly appreciate it!

II received earlier this afternoon.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also rejected- but for some reason my email is dated March 20, 2017. Did this happen to anyone else?

I didn’t get any correspondence from Boonshoft. Hopefully that’s good news, but it’s getting late for IIs. :nailbiting:

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected as well, Pre-II. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear from here!

Withdrew acceptance, hopefully someone else here gets it! Best of luck!

I didn’t get any correspondence from Boonshoft. Hopefully that’s good news, but it’s getting late for IIs. :nailbiting:
I called because I sent another LOR and she was super sweet and said they send IIs through March and may be interviewing in April this year. No email for me either.

Reactions: 1 users
I called because I sent another LOR and she was super sweet and said they send IIs through March and may be interviewing in April this year. No email for me either.
That’s really good to hear! I didn’t get a rejection (yet) either, so I’m hoping that this turns into good news for us :)

That’s really good to hear! I didn’t get a rejection (yet) either, so I’m hoping that this turns into good news for us :)
Same. I wish they took updates because I had 2 strong updates that would help fit their mission and make up for some lacking ECs but they will never know :(

Reactions: 1 users
OOS and also rejected pre-II. I have already been accepted to several programs so this is not bitter grapes, but at least update your email attached rejection letter from March, 2017 to current date. Shows a lack of respect to all applicants who invested the time to complete primary and secondary applications.....just my 2 cents

Last edited:
II today! trying to decide if I should make the flight..

got an interview invitation a few weeks ago, will be withdrawing, hoping spot goes to one of you!

Waitlisted...but they sent a second little note that I was "highly recommended". Has anyone with this experience been accepted? Does Wright State accept updates once you have been waitlisted?

Waitlisted...but they sent a second little note that I was "highly recommended". Has anyone with this experience been accepted? Does Wright State accept updates once you have been waitlisted?
I got the same thing. A letter saying I was waitlisted and a second letter saying I was high on the waitlist. Interviewed 12/13.

I'm also curious about updates post-interview or waitlist.. But from previous threads it seems a decent portion of the waitlist gets in, so a 'highly recommended' letter probably gives you a good shot.

I'm also curious about updates post-interview or waitlist.. But from previous threads it seems a decent portion of the waitlist gets in, so a 'highly recommended' letter probably gives you a good shot.

Does not everyone get the 'highly recommended' thing?

Does anyone know what the post-interview acceptance rate is? Thank you!

Does not everyone get the 'highly recommended' thing?

The second little note said something along the lines of you were highly recommended and expect that you will be high on the wait list.. but clearly a lot of people have gotten it, so idk.

Rejected pre-II, complete 7/24.

Does anyone else's email say "Your reviewers rated you very high, but we can only interview 450 applicants"? I'm wondering if they say that for everyone, haha.

Rejected Pre-II with a kindly worded email. OOS, LM 68. Was complete late July. Good luck to all the rest of you!

Does anyone else's email say "Your reviewers rated you very high, but we can only interview 450 applicants"? I'm wondering if they say that for everyone, haha.
Yes I assume they send that to everyone they reject. Received the same.

Same here

Sent from my iPhone

+1 Today is a rejection day.

Rejected. So numb to it. ask me if i give a **** about this R

Does anyone know when they stop sending II? I have yet to be rejected, but not sure how to feel about it.