2017-2018 Wake Forest University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
what do you guys think they are wanting for the second question about obstacles or challenges...

I can think of three ways to approach this.

1. A time you have failed and how you recovered from that

2. A humbling experience that taught you an important lesson

3. An experience that was difficult and you were able to adapt in someway

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting on a secondary as well!

Reactions: 1 user
this is like my last school I have yet to receive a secondary haha tick tock wake!

Reactions: 1 users
The creativity essay is an interesting one. Actually giving me a little trouble.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just want to make sure... Nobody else got a confirmation email after submitting, right?

Just want to make sure... Nobody else got a confirmation email after submitting, right?

No e-mail for me. Just a periodic checking of the status link page they had on the secondary e-mail, even though it says it takes two weeks to process.

1. The Committee on Admissions values diversity as an important factor in the educational mission of the Wake Forest School of Medicine. How will you contribute to the diversity of your medical school class and to the medical community in general? (400 words or less).
2. What obstacles or challenges have you experienced and how have you dealt with them (400 words or less)?
3. How has creativity helped you in your studies, work, activities, volunteering, or life in general? (400 words or less)
4. Starting with the 2016-17 application cycle, the Wake Forest School of Medicine has gone from course requirements to recommendations. How has your academic work beyond the “traditional” pre-medical school requirements (i.e., introductory biology, general chemistry, organic chemistry, introductory physics) prepared you for medical school and for a career in medicine. (400 words or less)

OPTIONAL ESSAYS

1. If you have already received your bachelor’s degree, please describe what you have been doing since graduation and your plans for the upcoming year (200 words or less).
2. If you have previously applied to Wake Forest School of Medicine MD program, please describe if you have made any significant changes or improvements from your previous application (200 words or less).
3. Describe any connection you have to Wake Forest School of Medicine, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, or North Carolina (200 words or less).

anybody else still not get one?

Got the secondary, lets get it!!!

I have a 3.5 and a 505 MCAT score. Is it even worth it to apply here for the $125 fee?

Should probably "shoot your shot" you're just a nudge below on their averages...If you have great ECs I would 100% do it.

Should I say something to the effect of "Although I have yet to take these courses, I believe they will prepare me for medical school and a career in medicine in the following ways..."?

You probably want to start with what you've already done and then talk about that later in your essay and probably very briefly... You can't say for 100% certainty what the impacts of the program will be if you haven't completed it. Just my two cents.

I truly hate the question about creativity. I am so stumped.

Got the secondary and now I am so poor that my wallet is asking me if it is worth it…

Current first year here. We're going through orientation right now, but my $0.02:

Pros:
- Classmates are amazing and accomplished
- Program does a great job of mixing you up throughout classes, so you meet every one of your classmates
- Amazing academic, administrative, and support staff; approachable and understanding
- Tight knit, collaborative atmosphere
- Gorgeous facilities... BGCME looks like a Palo Alto tech startup
- Opportunities galore. I've been here two weeks and got invited by two physicians to work in their research lab (unsolicited). Don't get me started about the volunteerism.
- Did I mention the egregious amount of support you're gonna get? I think I have at least 10 MDs and PhDs assigned to me as advisers/mentors/coaches
- Faculty supports self-starters (volunteerism, research) with funding/logistics for your initiatives
- Winston-Salem is a great, quirky, "small, big city"

Cons:
- The southern heat

Absolutely no regrets applying and matriculating here.
Feel free to ask or PM questions!

Reactions: 14 users
Has anyone still not gotten a secondary? Maybe I should reach out to admissions.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Has anyone still not gotten a secondary? Maybe I should reach out to admissions.

I would reach out. I didn't receive emails from 2/14 schools I applied to and it got lost in the interweb... gave them a call and they had sent it 6/30 and 7/1. I was like THANKS :yeahright:

what are people's portal status showing?
"Your application is complete and will be reviewed continuously throughout the interview season. Interviews are by invitation from September to March. If you are invited, you will receive a e-mail or phone call to schedule an interview."

I would reach out. I didn't receive emails from 2/14 schools I applied to and it got lost in the interweb... gave them a call and they had sent it 6/30 and 7/1. I was like THANKS :yeahright:

I called them and they said "we send out secondaries in batches. You'll definitely receive one"

Kinda comforting I guess lol. I'd rather receive it sooner than later

I called them and they said "we send out secondaries in batches. You'll definitely receive one"

Kinda comforting I guess lol. I'd rather receive it sooner than later

Beggars can't be choosers. It'll come

Everywhere on the website says to submit 2 individual letters, but does anyone know if you're allowed to submit more?