2017-2018 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That feeling when there's a rejection wave

matrix_small.jpg

bullettime.jpg

matrix2.jpg

Reactions: 16 users
rejected with a 528? Perhaps yield control?
No idea really. It's not like I'm lacking with my ECs either. Strong research and clinical exposure, decent service. Maybe it's cause I'm a reapp.

Members don't see this ad :)
No idea really. It's not like I'm lacking with my ECs either. Strong research and clinical exposure, decent service. Maybe it's cause I'm a reapp.
Yeah rejected today too. LizzyM 75-79 so not as strong numbers as yourself, but I like to think I have competitive stats. Hopefully, it's just Keck's dislike of reapplicants rather than something intrinsically wrong with my application (other than my reapp status lol).

Yeah rejected today too. LizzyM 75-79 so not as strong numbers as yourself, but I like to think I have competitive stats. Hopefully, it's just Keck's dislike of reapplicants rather than something intrinsically wrong with my application (other than my reapp status lol).
You'd think if they hated reapps that much they'd just say on their website that reapplicants are discouraged from applying. Save us a hundred bucks.

Reactions: 1 user
Hopping onto that rejection train! Good luck to everyone still in the running!

Members don't see this ad :)
First rejection. That definitely stung.

The bloodbath continues. First rejection. Now off to down some chocolate and wine.

IS. LizzyM 68 (lol, it was a long shot but decided to go for it). Complete 7/13

Last edited:
Rejected. For those wondering about complete dates, know that there is no correlation between complete date and when your application is looked at.

Maybe we need to change our SDN photos to USC to appease their adcoms

Reactions: 2 users
do you know how they are looking at them? i am very curious
Every school is different, for most you will never know. At least for USC, they separate applicants by MCAT score and a different person looks at all applicants with one MCAT score. From there, order can be completely random.

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP

Reactions: 4 users
I'm oddly refreshing my email more often to see if I get rejected from here rather than to see if I get an II anywhere else.

Reactions: 9 users
Just got my usc rejection email. Fast turnaround since I submitted 8/15

Rejected just now. This one hurt! Complete 8/15

Good luck to those still in the game!

If they stratify based on MCAT do you all have the same MCAT score or different? For those rejected what were your MCAT? I'm curious if they're all different scores or more "uncommon" scores where the turnaround time is quicker

If they stratify based on MCAT do you all have the same MCAT score or different? For those rejected what were your MCAT? I'm curious if they're all different scores or more "uncommon" scores where the turnaround time is quicker
MCAT 513. Despite having pretty good ECs, my low GPA probably put me at the bottom of the pile.

I was complete 7/25 and radio silence so far, must be in the in-between immediate II and reject range

Reactions: 5 users

MCAT was 510

I was complete 8/7 with 515 and nothing either. Strange people complete relatively recent getting rejected so soon

UCLA students are consistently the most represented group @ USC!

I believe I can speak for the rest of USC when I say that we are a compassionate group of people who try to take care of the poor and less fortunate members of our community :laugh:

Reactions: 10 users
Hmm

This is all very interesting. Seems to be no trend with the MCAT. Haven't heard a thing from them, but we have the same MCAT, OOS.

Beats me lol. I'm IS if that actually matters for anything.

What a blood bath. Did not expect to see so many high stat rejections.