2017-2018 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Also 515 and still waiting. I'd bet our stack is pretty big. Best of luck all.

Members don't see this ad :)
The rejection axe is ridiculous. Any URMs?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OOS complete on 7/21 still holding on as of now. About 10000x more nervous after reading the replies from today, however!

Last edited:
Wow, sorry for all the high stat rejections :(

But IDK how I survived the slaughterfest today. Don't know whether to be happy or to expect the sword to come my way

With my extremely limited knowledge of USC's admissions process, I was told that the 3 most important parts of your app are.... (in no particular order)

MCAT, Secondary (do you fit in at USC), Service to community

Got a rejection letter about 2 hours ago. ~71 LizzyM. Non-trad applicant, 3.95 GPA, 4.00 sGPA, 511 MCAT, Asian (ORM), OOS. Secondary completed 8/2.

This makes me wonder if it's even worth it for me to complete UCLA secondary that I got yesterday...

Best of luck to those who are still in the game!

With my extremely limited knowledge of USC's admissions process, I was told that the 3 most important parts of your app are.... (in no particular order)

Im curious how the secondary is evaluated.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected :( good luck to everyone else!

What is considered good fit besides service to community? Clearly I don't fit if I have no idea hahahah

Sorry to everyone that has been rejected so far. Given the stats I've seen I'm sure the application cycle will go well for all of you! It's been a sucky day for this thread. :(

Rejected a few days ago with a 521 :(. Low ugpa though. Other two criteria are less objective so won't speculate

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user

I hope they like my nickname and things I find fun then!

This thread right now:
giphy.gif

Seriously, y'all have some good stats and I'm sure will be getting great news in the coming months. I'm guessing I'm lost in the pile with the rest of the 516s, still silence for me.

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone with a 512 MCAT heard back yet? Haven't heard either way...

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone still waiting to submit the secondary? I have had it for a few weeks now and just been sitting on it. Would it be worth submitting at this point?

Anyone still waiting to submit the secondary? I have had it for a few weeks now and just been sitting on it. Would it be worth submitting at this point?

Yes. I don't think anyone that submits a secondary in the next week or so is considered late. If you trust your strength as an applicant go for it!

Any 519s?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone complete on or before 7/7 still not hear anything?

Reactions: 4 users
510, rejected just now. Best of luck everyone!

Can you guys see if you were rejected on the portal? Just wondering bc my email was disabled for a week, so any emails I got would of bounced

Just got my first rejection of this cycle from USC. This one hurts, but I will still be wearing cardinal and gold at the game this Saturday. For people wondering ~520 and complete mid august.

Reactions: 1 users
Are the 515s still immune to the rejection plague

511/3.6 and still silence. Dont know if I should be happy or wait for impending big red X coming my way.