2017-2018 University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long does it typically take to receive interview invites after completing a secondary application for Colorado?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Last year I knew folks that received an interview invite after being complete for two weeks and people that were complete in July that didn’t receive an II until February. Sadly, there’s no consistent timeline.
How long does it typically take to receive interview invites after completing a secondary application for Colorado?

so are we basically getting waitlisted or rejected post interview if we haven't heard back yet and interviewed in september? or are calls made not in chronological order just like interview invitations?
I would imagine they have a lot of calls to make. It is only the third day that decisions are released. As hard as it may be, I think we need to be a bit patient before assuming we have been rejected/waitlisted. Certainly is nerve wracking seeing decisions go out to others though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would imagine they have a lot of calls to make. It is only the third day that decisions are released. As hard as it may be, I think we need to be a bit patient before assuming we have been rejected/waitlisted. Certainly is nerve wracking seeing decisions go out to others though.
Anyone else hear back this week from September interviews?

Haven't heard from CU yet, complete 7/19, LizzyM ~68, OOS. Am I a lost cause with this school lol

Haven't heard from CU yet, complete 7/19, LizzyM ~68, OOS. Am I a lost cause with this school lol

Same. I wouldn't worry about it at this point. CU is difficult for anyone OOS as there are a bunch of applicants for a few seats. Kind of added it as a "what if?" school.

Cmon CU, waiting for some of that hometown love..

What typically determines OOS success at CU, is there a LizzyM score where applicants start having a decent chance?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile

I can only speak from my limited knowledge, but I've heard from my advisor and members on the admissions committee that CU focuses less on a specific lizzym cut and more on experiences/"holistic review". As long as you have a 500+... I don't know what experiences they are specifically looking for, but apps aren't always reviewed in a strict chronological order. I know it isn't much help or comfort, but if you haven't been rejected I believe they are still actively reviewing and interested in your application.

Had a September interview...slightly disconcerted and left wondering by the lack of activity...anyone from September besides @plainoatmeal got news? I heard they accept a disproportionate number of applicants in March? Is that true?

Members don't see this ad :)
Had a September interview...slightly disconcerted and left wondering by the lack of activity...anyone from September besides @plainoatmeal got news? I heard they accept a disproportionate number of applicants in March? Is that true?
In the same boat as you.

It looks like previous years had less staff and may have been why non-acceptances took until march. This year has more staff but could still be that timeline I suppose.

Just got rejection email from 9/8 interview. IS LM 67, this one hurts quite a bit - had a great time interviewing here. Best of luck to everyone else.

Got the call today from Dr. Z! Best day of my life. OOS, interviewed in late Sep, Non-trad. LM 69-70:)

Reactions: 10 users
After posting earlier today, I got accepted as well! OOS, Non-Traditional. For everyone who has asked about what works with UC, I can't pretend that I know for sure, but I can say that my application spoke very specifically to the vision and values of the school, and I think from what they said at interview day, they really focus on finding people that they think will be a good fit with the culture and focus of the school. There is a lot of very helpful information out there, especially on Youtube. For example, I was able to watch last year's state of the campus address before going to interview day...This is my second year applying, this is my only interview from this year (or last), and persistence definitely does pay off--as does applying smart and broadly. Thank you SDN community for all the helpful info you've provided! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 10 users
I was accepted yesterday (Best day ever) but still have not received a confirmation email that Dr. Z said I should be getting shortly after she called. How long did it take to receive the email conformation for those of you who have been accepted?

Reactions: 4 users
Have any early October interviews heard back yet?

Hi everyone, new to the thread. I interviewed on 9/8 and just got put on the alternate list today. Does anyone know what the chances are in this situation or when I may hear back from them?

Rejected pre-II today. OOS, submitted 8/28 and processed 9/5. Good luck to everyone still in the running, sad to give up dreams of Denver!
Dang that sucks I'm sorry!! Denver is great, but that cost of living is pretty crazy, so maybe a silver lining? I wonder what order they are going in. I'm OOS and was complete 8/14, expecting a similar result as you soon.

Rejected pre-II - OOS but living in Colorado for the year so I was really hoping they would give that some consideration... pretty bummed

Rejected pre-II - OOS but living in Colorado for the year so I was really hoping they would give that some consideration... pretty bummed
Sorry :( when were you complete? I'm also OOS, but went to undergrad in CO (not sure if they care about that). Really hoping for an II here...but feel like I'm going to get rejected soon..

Sorry :( when were you complete? I'm also OOS, but went to undergrad in CO (not sure if they care about that). Really hoping for an II here...but feel like I'm going to get rejected soon..

I was complete sometime early/mid july

I didnt get an email but I just checked my portal and saw the rejection. Good luck to you

Ejected portal only complete early aug.

Rejected today. I am getting massacred this cycle. OOS, but strong ties to Colorado if that matters.

Rejected pre-II. No email, just updated in the portal.

Rejected pre-II. No email, just updated in the portal.
Sorry about all these rejections. Im sure ill be next. But quickly, how does the portal update that status? Does it have another date under the "We have received your CU Online Secondary Application payment. Your application is under review by the Admissions Committee." date???

Rejected pre-II (found out from portal after seeing rejections on SDN), OOS, submitted 8/1, complete 8/10.

Sorry about all these rejections. Im sure ill be next. But quickly, how does the portal update that status? Does it have another date under the "We have received your CU Online Secondary Application payment. Your application is under review by the Admissions Committee." date???

Yes, right below that message, they add, "Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you an interview this application cycle."

Yep, it adds a new row saying something like “Unfortuantely, we will not be offering you an interview this cycle.” Trust me, you won’t miss it lol. Looks like you’re still in the running, cheers!
Got it! Thank you!

Hi everyone, new to the thread. I interviewed on 9/8 and just got put on the alternate list today. Does anyone know what the chances are in this situation or when I may hear back from them?
It varies a lot year to year. Last year there was very little movement but I’ve heard of lots of movement in previous cycles. On the upside, it seems like they are keeping applicants more in the loop this year so it may be more apparent where you sit before July

Sorry to everyone who was rejected today. I hope you all get in to great schools this cycle!

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected. 511 MCAT, 3.6 GPA (3.85+ last 2 years), OOS, complete 8/10. Bummed because I love Colorado.

Rejected. 521 MCAT, 3.82 GPA, IS.

Well damn... Sorry peeps. The thing I hate most about sdn is the mass rejection days

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected. This one is tough, goodbye dreams of watching the Broncos live. GL yall

Joining the rejection train! Submitted secondary 8/17, OOS, applied MD/PhD with my measly stats so this one wasn't too much of a surprise. Good luck to everyone else!

Rejected OOS today. :( Would have loved to live by the mountains again. Had some ties to the state that I unfortunately never got to elaborate on.

Rejected. 523 MCAT, 3.9+ GPA, IS.
Honestly, this was my first choice. Really hurts getting this rejection.

Rejected pre-II, knew it was a long shot as an OOS applicant! Good luck guys

Yield protection for sure
Man, it'd suck if that's true. I know I'm not entitled to an interview, but I've spent so long building up my application so I can stay in Colorado for medical school. It sucks having to play this game only to get a rejection without knowing what you did wrong.

Reactions: 4 users