2017-2018 University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When were you marked complete?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I submitted on 7/18, they marked my payment complete on 7/24. My bad, should've included that in the original response.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm IS and received an II 8/29
LizzyM 78, secondary complete 7/21

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning! so unbelievably excited!!! IS, LizzyM 67, non-Trad, non-URM, scheduled for 9/8.

Submitted Secondary 7/4, Payment Processed 7/19

Reactions: 5 users
Can anybody tell me the international student makeup information (applied, interviewed and matriculated) from the MSAR?

Applied 89
Interviewed 0
Accepted 0

Sorry dude

Are IS?

not sure what you mean? I am "In-State" applicant if that's what you're asking.

Also for anyone else interviewing here, I just found this CU-specific list of 100 interview questions and suggested questions to ask the interviewer. this year is changed to 2 x traditional one-on-one interviews 30 mins each

Attachments

• Med_100 intquest.pdf
    89.3 KB · Views: 151
Reactions: 1 users

Also for anyone else interviewing here, I just found this CU-specific list of 100 interview questions and suggested questions to ask the interviewer. this year is changed to 2 x traditional one-on-one interviews 30 mins each

Yeah, my bad. Forgot to add a couple of words there.

Just a heads up, that is CU Boulder's Pre-Health Interview guide and not CU Medical School's guide. Still very helpful and is what CU gives their pre health students during the committee letter process. I interviewed here last year and one of my interviews was very similar to that guide. The other was completely non scripted and I was asked maybe one question for the entirety of the 30 minutes. I think it depends a lot on your interviewer.

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all. I work for the CU School of Medicine in research and that gives me some inside knowledge on the admissions process. They do pre-screen and are doing so this year but the only criteria is your MCAT score. If you got below a certain threshold, you will be put into a different applicant pool to be reviewed before being invited to complete a secondary application. If you have not received an invite for your secondary, check your spam folder. If it is not there and you feel like you have a competitive MCAT, then call the admissions office at (303) 724-6407. Hope this helps those of you still wondering what is going on for secondaries. Good luck all!

Hello, would you mind telling me the main differences between the Anschutz Medical campus and the Colorado Springs Branch campus?
Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, would you mind telling me the main differences between the Anschutz Medical campus and the Colorado Springs Branch campus?
Thank you!!

All students complete years 1-2 at Anschutz. The Colorado Springs Branch students then complete their clinical years as part of an integrated, longitudinal curriculum (so instead of doing a neurology block and then an ob/gyn block, for example, they would do neurology on Tuesdays and ob on Friday afternoons. If the application asks you about preference, don't stress about it. You have ample opportunity after being accepted to change your level of interest in the CSprings branch. You'll also see a presentation about it on interview day, if I'm not mistaken.

II invitation this afternoon, OOS but one of my parents has lived in Colorado for fifteen years. Non-trad, 516 MCAT, low undergrad but high graduate GPA. Secondary sent July 11, complete July 23rd.

Does anyone know how flexible they are with rescheduling interview dates? They just gave me a date, and it doesn't work for me so I will have to reschedule, but I'm worried that the next date they give me will fall on another interview date. I don't want to have to reschedule twice and have it negatively affect my chances.

For those of you wondering about secondaries, this is the only secondary invitation that ended up in my spam folder somehow. I don't check it often but was really glad I did when I saw the secondary invitation stuck there so definitely be vigilant about looking.

Where does it prompt you for interview dates when you get secondaries? I am in state and was complete in mid June. Are they only offering out of state people now?

Where does it prompt you for interview dates when you get secondaries? I am in state and was complete in mid June. Are they only offering out of state people now?

If you receive an interview invite they will email you with an interview date and you can reschedule if it doesn't work. I'm sure they have already begun sending instate interview invites out but last year they did seem to interview a fair amount of instate folks at the end of the cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If you receive an interview invite they will email you with an interview date and you can reschedule if it doesn't work. I'm sure they have already begun sending instate interview invites out but last year they did seem to interview a fair amount of instate folks at the end of the cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks, I misread that earlier comment as it appeared to me that the poster was offered an interview in the secondary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Good luck everyone!

If anyone has any specific questions regarding interview day, I am happy to answer from my experience: re-applicant this year, HPWL last year, IS. Still hoping for an II this year, but wasn't complete until mid-August. Tl;dr this school is great. all current faculty and students i have interacted with seem to really enjoy their jobs.

If anyone has any specific questions regarding interview day, I am happy to answer from my experience: re-applicant this year, HPWL last year, IS. Still hoping for an II this year, but wasn't complete until mid-August. Tl;dr this school is great. all current faculty and students i have interacted with seem to really enjoy their jobs.
Seconding this! I just got back from their first day of interviews today and loved the genuine pride in CU. Lots of emphasis on collaboration and interprofessionalism. One of two interviews (with retired MD) was more conversational, other Interview (with current student) was more rigid with specific questions. Seemed to be that way for several others.

FYI - they clarified NO UPDATES following interviews. Also, they told us today to expect a response by early to mid November.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm verklempt! OOS II dream school!

i submitted three weeks ago and haven't gotten a complete email... is that normal?

I never got a complete email, but on my portal it says I was complete in July and now under review.
Do you mean this? "
We have received your CU Online Secondary Application payment. Your application is under review by the Admissions Committee.
"

Do you have one before that about processing your payment?

it says "We have received your CU Online Secondary Application and will begin processing it once payment is received. [Note: Payment processing may take 7-10 days.]"

it says "We have received your CU Online Secondary Application and will begin processing it once payment is received. [Note: Payment processing may take 7-10 days.]"
I think you should email them. Most of these payment stuff are automated and should reupload immediately, plus its been 3 weeks.

Seconding this! I just got back from their first day of interviews today and loved the genuine pride in CU. Lots of emphasis on collaboration and interprofessionalism. One of two interviews (with retired MD) was more conversational, other Interview (with current student) was more rigid with specific questions. Seemed to be that way for several others.

FYI - they clarified NO UPDATES following interviews. Also, they told us today to expect a response by early to mid November.
Were the interviews open or closed file?

Were the interviews open or closed file?

At my interview last year the interviewers had access to everything in your application except for grades/GPA and MCAT

Interesting. Thank you!

As the other poster stated, one of my interviews was extremely conversational. So much so that it through me off guard. My other interview was with a student and was still laid back but more conventional. In my opinion, very conversational interviews almost make it more difficult to leave a lasting impression.

At my interview last year the interviewers had access to everything in your application except for grades/GPA and MCAT
This is correct for this year's interviews too (they told us at the beginning of interview day)

Thanks for the info! This is my #1 school. Hoping to hear back soon!

II today! (OOS, strong ties to CO) Unfortunately I had to request to change my interview date, does anybody know if they look negatively on this (I can't imagine they would)/are interviews only offered on Fridays?

II today! (OOS, strong ties to CO) Unfortunately I had to request to change my interview date, does anybody know if they look negatively on this (I can't imagine they would)/are interviews only offered on Fridays?
Nice work! When were you complete?

Interviews are only offered on Friday's. I have no idea but I would doubt that they look down on rescheduling.

Did anyone else have to wait a long time for their payment to be processed? Mine took 26 days (yes I counted)...the portal says it should take 7-10 :/

Did anyone else have to wait a long time for their payment to be processed? Mine took 26 days (yes I counted)...the portal says it should take 7-10 :/

yes, i emailed them and they said they had a staff member out for awhile and everything had been pushed back. after emailing them, it was processed within a couple days. i would suggest shooting them a quick email even though its nothing to worry about.