2017-2018 University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just to make sure, when you commit to a school, you don't have to say anything to the school you're going to attend right? You just have to withdraw from other schools by April 30th?

Correct. Make sure to finish the school's required checklist too!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
have people received their financial aid package?

have people received their financial aid package?
I called yesterday to ask about it, and apparently mine was sent Friday but I never received the email in my personal email. I was advised to check my new Colorado school email, so it might be there if you don't see it in your personal email.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I called yesterday to ask about it, and apparently mine was sent Friday but I never received the email in my personal email. I was advised to check my new Colorado school email, so it might be there if you don't see it in your personal email.
Thanks for the info. Where did you get your Colorado email? I don't think I've received any emails relating to that.

On April 12th I was sent an email titled "Steps to Claim your UCDenver student account", I believe the instructions are in that email

Reactions: 1 user
On April 12th I was sent an email titled "Steps to Claim your UCDenver student account", I believe the instructions are in that email
Thanks. I probably have to call them to see why I didn't get the email. Maybe cause I got accepted later. Anyone else still waiting to get their Colorado email?

Thanks. I probably have to call them to see why I didn't get the email. Maybe cause I got accepted later. Anyone else still waiting to get their Colorado email?
I haven't gotten anything either. Was only accepted earlier this month.

Yeah I haven't gotten anything either....

This was the toughest one, but I withdrew my acceptance today. Best of luck to everyone on the WL! Maybe I'll see you during fourth year in an away rotation!

This was the toughest one, but I withdrew my acceptance today. Best of luck to everyone on the WL! Maybe I'll see you during fourth year in an away rotation!
Did you just send an email to the admissions office and decline the financial aid? Is there anything additional we need to do?

I just emailed thanking them for their consideration but that I would be withdrawing my application. That's it! They responded with a nice email wishing me the best. No need to complete any additional forms or anything.

I just emailed thanking them for their consideration but that I would be withdrawing my application. That's it! They responded with a nice email wishing me the best. No need to complete any additional forms or anything.
Thanks for the response :)

I received my financial package in my Colorado school email!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received notice that I was placed on the middle third of the waitlist. Looks like I will be headed for another app cycle

Did we need to do anything to officially accept our position at CU? Another institution gave me that option on their application portal so I just dont want to be missing anything. I already paid my deposit and sent the required documents that we had two weeks to send!

Did we need to do anything to officially accept our position at CU? Another institution gave me that option on their application portal so I just dont want to be missing anything. I already paid my deposit and sent the required documents that we had two weeks to send!
The best thing to do would be to actually withdraw your application so that I can have a chance to get accepted.

I sent in the required documents they told us to when accepted and the deposit. Received an email about a week ago saying what was left (technical standards form and immunization record), but they said they will let us know when they want us to send those in.

I withdrew my acceptance today. Good luck to you on the waitlist!

Hello folks, been lurking here for a while and decided to make an account after getting on the waitlist for a few schools with no acceptances. Well, just a couple minutes ago I got the call from Dr. Z and I'll get going to UC! I was eating lunch and had to force myself to finish it! Still shaking for sure! Good luck to everyone and I can't thank you all enough for this community and all the support regardless of me lurking! Don't give up folks!

Reactions: 9 users
Quick question for you accepted folks. When did you get the email Dr. Z mentioned?

Quick question for you accepted folks. When did you get the email Dr. Z mentioned?
For me I got the call on a Thursday and the email the following Monday. It usually takes a few days

Rejected mid-April after interview mid-January.

Just wanted to share for future people who interview here in the upcoming years. Interviews were very rough since both interviews were basically grilling and insulting me. One of the interviewers acted like the most apathetic person and did not deviate at all from choosing listed questions, which ended up taking forever because he wrote down nearly everything I said and even asked me to slow down/repeat myself.

Overall, I felt that I had an interview day that was opposite of what most people had since most seemed to get interviews that were conversationally getting to know each other.

Good luck to everybody going to CU! I know I met a lot of great future physicians interviewing here!

Hello folks, been lurking here for a while and decided to make an account after getting on the waitlist for a few schools with no acceptances. Well, just a couple minutes ago I got the call from Dr. Z and I'll get going to UC! I was eating lunch and had to force myself to finish it! Still shaking for sure! Good luck to everyone and I can't thank you all enough for this community and all the support regardless of me lurking! Don't give up folks!
Congrats! Did you do anything following your waitlist notification? Or did you just wait?

Congrats! Did you do anything following your waitlist notification? Or did you just wait?

I just waited. I called the office in January and they said they do not accept any updates or letters; only AMCAS related stuff. So, sorry to say you're only option is to wait.

For me I got the call on a Thursday and the email the following Monday. It usually takes a few days

For the Branch sheet, do you only have two options about writing the essay for the Colorado Springs branch? It seems odd to say no I did not write an essay but I am willing to do so if I check I would not prefer to head there.

I just waited. I called the office in January and they said they do not accept any updates or letters; only AMCAS related stuff. So, sorry to say you're only option is to wait.
Were you already notified of a waitlist decision prior to receiving the acceptance?

Were you already notified of a waitlist decision prior to receiving the acceptance?

I was emailed about being on the High Priority Waitlist on the 30th. I then received the acceptance call on the 1st. So, things progressed quickly!

Did you end up getting the financial package before making a decision if you don't mind me asking?
Sorry, for the late response. Yes, I received my financial aid package before withdrawing. I had to call and send a few emails to get it but they were helpful.

For those on the alternate list, the email went out this morning that notes your place on the list (high/middle/low). Good luck!

has anyone else been recently pulled off the waitlist? really want to go here!

has anyone else been recently pulled off the waitlist? really want to go here!
Reiterating this because I am in the same boat. I really want to go here but haven't heard of any waitlist movement.

This is intended for current students or any incoming student who knows for sure - do we have to have a drug screening done before we start school? If so, do we do it from an outside company or does the school do themselves?

Wasn't sure if we even have a drug test or if that was for before rotations.

This is intended for current students or any incoming student who knows for sure - do we have to have a drug screening done before we start school? If so, do we do it from an outside company or does the school do themselves?

I was wondering that myself, they have not been super clear about that. Although I am sure that if we were expected to go to an outside company before school starts they would have told us that by now or we will get an email about it soon

Current student here - Unless things have changed, they'll tell you when you will need to get a drug screen. For us, it was a few weeks after winter break. They give you at least 30 days notice to complete the test.

Does anyone know when we will get our financial aid??