2017-2018 University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have yet to receive a call or an acceptance email and starting to believe this is not going to turn out good...
(interviewed early december)
Interviewed early December as well, and I've got to admit, it's not feeling too great right now, but I'm hanging onto hope!

Members don't see this ad.

I got a call from Dr. Z. She mentioned that they are interviewing tomorrow and they will send out official letters on Monday

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This might be kind of a dumb question, but how is this applicant portal even accessed? I tried to go back in just to see if maybe there was a change in my decision or anything like that, and the only links I can find in my email are for the secondary app and for the interview date selection, neither of which showed any current decisions.

Accepted just now and I am over the moon! Interviewed 12/15. Good luck to everyone still waiting, I know it sucks but you will get through it!
Congraulation! Was the call from an unknown number? I had a missed call earlier. Here’s hoping

Congraulation! Was the call from an unknown number? I had a missed call earlier. Here’s hoping
The call was from a Denver area code number (303)

II today as OOS. For UColorado, do late interviews mean interviewing to be on the waitlist?

Just got the call!! Accepted, OOS, interviewed 12/8

Reactions: 7 users
Received call today too! OOS interviewed in December.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call, accepted OOS interviewed 12/8.

Reactions: 5 users
Also accepted this morning at 10 AM! IS applicant, interviewed Dec 8th. Congrats to the other acceptances! Good luck to everyone else =)

Accepted today, OOS, interviewed in December!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today, first one and I am so thankful!! Oos, interviewed 1/12

I also just received my pre-II rejection. I was complete on Sept 5th, out of state applicant from California

Have any accepted people heard back after submitting their deposit and other required forms? I know we were supposed to do them within two weeks of acceptance. I submitted everything the next day and still have not heard anything! That was January 9th.

Have any accepted people heard back after submitting their deposit and other required forms? I know we were supposed to do them within two weeks of acceptance. I submitted everything the next day and still have not heard anything! That was January 9th.

Also haven't heard back. Not sweating it for now

For the forms required within two weeks of acceptance did you guys mail it in? or do you think a scanned copy through email would be fine?

I wouldn't worry about it if you've done your part. It might take them a little time to get everything together.

For the forms to send back within two weeks, do we have to send in the CO Springs form even if we don’t want to go to the CO Springs branch? It’s listed on the Accepted Students site but not on the email from Dr. Z where it says what she needs within 2 weeks

Question about the contract and residency form? In the acceptance email it said to submit it "electronically." I don't see any means of doing so. Do we mail it in or email it?

Question about the contract and residency form? In the acceptance email it said to submit it "electronically." I don't see any means of doing so. Do we mail it in or email it?
I filled it out with ink and then scanned (take a photo) to email it in.

Reactions: 1 users
For the forms to send back within two weeks, do we have to send in the CO Springs form even if we don’t want to go to the CO Springs branch? It’s listed on the Accepted Students site but not on the email from Dr. Z where it says what she needs within 2 weeks
Choose the option that fits your preferences (e.g. "strongly prefer Anschutz and will not go to Springs") and send the form with the rest of your stuff. They need responses even if the answer is no.

Any chance there is a student who has done third year in the Colorado Springs branch and is willing to share their experience? Thanks

Any chance there is a student who has done third year in the Colorado Springs branch and is willing to share their experience? Thanks
Contact Dr. Wallace and ask him to connect you to a student who might be similar to you. That's what I did and everyone was very helpful.

Just to check again so I don’t screw this up, is there anything aside from the deposit that we need to physically mail? Or is it all just emailing electronic copies to them?

Hey admitted fam important q, in the scholarship application portal, once I paste in my Student Bio then click “Apply” on one of the scholarships, will more essay prompts pop up, or is that it to submit the app?

Hey admitted fam important q, in the scholarship application portal, once I paste in my Student Bio then click “Apply” on one of the scholarships, will more essay prompts pop up, or is that it to submit the app?

Maybe I am mistaken, but weren't those due today at 5 PM MST? So about two hours ago?

However if I'm wrong, you put in the bio click apply and the prompt will come up for each scholarship.

Any advice for the interviews?
Be yourself. Remember that the whole purpose is to get to know you and see how you would fit with the mission of the school, and vice versa.

Don't get drunk the night before. Don't be a douche to fellow interviewees.

Fairly standard advice, but surprising how often it is not heeded. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930U using SDN mobile

I've read several people mention that the curriculum is changing for the Class of 2022 on this thread and from others, but never really heard specific - does anyone here know what exactly is changing? Thanks in advance.

I've read several people mention that the curriculum is changing for the Class of 2022 on this thread and from others, but never really heard specific - does anyone here know what exactly is changing? Thanks in advance.

It's just changing from honors/p/f to just straight p/f for the first two years.

Hi all, I just created an account for this. I was accepted in September but have decided to attend another school and so have declined my acceptance to Colorado. Thus, a spot has opened up and I wish you all the best! Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 2 users
Admissions tracker was updated yesterday.

Looks like they have already accepted beyond their actual seats. Does anyone know how many people total that they typically accept? Also, are they done offering interviews this season?

I haven't heard a peep since interview day. I REALLY liked this school. :/

Looks like they have already accepted beyond their actual seats. Does anyone know how many people total that they typically accept? Also, are they done offering interviews this season?

They accepted 299 last year. Last interview I believe is next Friday.

Where is the tracker?
If you google "University of Colorado School of Medicine Admissions Tracker" it's the first like that comes up. It's on the righthand side of their admissions page down a little ways.

Most schools accept at least 2x their class size.

Any current students mind telling us a little about second look day? Trying to decide if it's worth the trip to go/plan things out accordingly.

Accepted today!!! OOS, interviewed 2/2