2017-2018 University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewing in a couple of weeks and was looking to get some insight on logistics. Flying into DIA the day before and will arrive around 2 pm. What's the best way to get from DIA to my student host's place (not assigned yet, but do they usually live right near campus?). I really want to explore downtown Denver, should I go from DIA to downtown first and then find a way to campus afterwards? Just wondering what's the best way of going about this and if anybody has had to rent a car or anything. Thanks!
I could be wrong because I'm very bad at directions, but I believe campus is between DIA and downtown Denver, if that impacts your decision at all. I didn't rent a car because uber is very easy to get in the area. I think in terms of going downtown first, it all depends on whether or not you want to explore the city right after you land!

If you go to downtown from DIA then you'll pass Aurora, yes. The best way to get downtown is the A-line, which is $9 each way as opposed to a $25 Uber/Lyft. After you're downtown you could Uber/Lyft to Aurora or just take the A-line back to Peña/61st and Uber from there. That'll probably be your cheapest bet.

Members don't see this ad.

Got the call from Dr. Z! Interview date: 11/10.

Is CU's essential core curriculum pass/fail?

Edit: Preclinical has P/F/Honors!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
If you go to downtown from DIA then you'll pass Aurora, yes. The best way to get downtown is the A-line, which is $9 each way as opposed to a $25 Uber/Lyft. After you're downtown you could Uber/Lyft to Aurora or just take the A-line back to Peña/61st and Uber from there. That'll probably be your cheapest bet.
Thanks! Very helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing here today! Super excited to see what CU has to offer.

Reactions: 5 users
any recent IIs? Been complete since August and nothing. Hope is dwindling...

Congrats!

Don't quote me on this, but I've heard that they're changing the first two years to true P/F for the class of 2022.

Picked up an R about a week or more ago! Good luck to everyone else!!

What date is your interview for? I received an II on 1/4 for 2/9 and requested a new date but haven't heard back from them.
I requested a new date as well. They originally gave me 2/2. How long have you been waiting for a new interview date?

I requested a new date as well. They originally gave me 2/2. How long have you been waiting for a new interview date?

Since the day they offered me the 2/9 interview, which was 1/4. I'm taking their silence as a sign that there are no more interview dates left. That's why I'm curious about what interview dates they assigned today--if they are 2/9 (ie. the interview I wanted to reschedule) or later (meaning they have more dates available and I should call).

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Since the day they offered me the 2/9 interview, which was 1/4. I'm taking their silence as a sign that there are no more interview dates left. That's why I'm curious about what interview dates they assigned today--if they are 2/9 (ie. the interview I wanted to reschedule) or later (meaning they have more dates available and I should call).
Yea I would definitely call them and find out. If we call and ask them to switch our dates I would be fine with that, unless 2/2 is too early for you.

I just called them and I rescheduled for 2/23. She said there are only 2 interview dates left (2/16 and 2/23) if anyone is curious

Just received a rejection email. Complete sometime in mid-September, hadn't heard anything from them since so not really a surprise.

Received my second rejection from this school, for MSTP lol. I'm deferring to MD only. I think I saw earlier on this thread that there is an interview fracker for this school, or am I just making that up?

Received my second rejection from this school, for MSTP lol. I'm deferring to MD only. I think I saw earlier on this thread that there is an interview fracker for this school, or am I just making that up?

Scroll down and look along the right hand side. Right now there's
  • Primary Applications: 7,342
  • Secondary Applications: 4,843
  • Interview Invitations: 549
  • Accepted: 155

Reactions: 1 users
Scroll down and look along the right hand side. Right now there's
  • Primary Applications: 7,342
  • Secondary Applications: 4,843
  • Interview Invitations: 549
  • Accepted: 155
Just as a note, I don’t think they update this tracker very frequently. At least in the times I looked at it, it seemed like they updated it in November and didn’t update again until January, so just keep in mind that this isn’t 100% current!

Me, too...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I interview mid-December, should be hearing back soon. I really really loved this school. Hopefully they send some love back my way. (crosses fingers and rubs lucky rabbits foot).:dead:

So.... I interviewed first week of December, looks like no one from December has heard anything, right??

If my digging from last years thread is applicable this year, I'm thinking December interviewees should hear back tomorrow or Wednesday.
Anyone call in by chance and ask? Thoughts?

So.... I interviewed first week of December, looks like no one from December has heard anything, right??
I interviewed first week of December as well, and based on this thread, it looks like none of us from that time have heard back yet.

Last edited:
On my interview day they said they would inform us end of January. Unless they already did and I'm not part of that crowd =[

I interviewed mid-December too, and my impression was that it would be around this time, but they said they weren’t exactly sure since they didn't know when the committee would meet.

The last round of acceptances seemed to go out on a Tuesday/Wednesday with the admissions tracker updated Wednesday. Since it was not updated today, I'm expecting next week to be the time!

Or I'm totally wrong, and not part of that crowd either. :laugh:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. Was also rejected by MSTP. Good luck on the MD admissions. I interviewed and was placed on the alternate list - really hoping that his one works out for me too in the end.

Sorry to hear that. Was also rejected by MSTP. Good luck on the MD admissions. I interviewed and was placed on the alternate list - really hoping that his one works out for me too in the end.

Thank you, good luck to you as well! How long did it take between being deferred from MSTP and getting an MD interview?

Still haven't been rejected from the MSTP program. No II, just silence since the fake rejection in October, but I see that their last interview date is next Thurs/Fri lol

How long did it take between being deferred from MSTP and getting an MD interview?

I was rejected from the MSTP and was offered the MD interview pretty quickly afterwards. I'm a current student there. Good luck :)

I was rejected from the MSTP and was offered the MD interview pretty quickly afterwards. I'm a current student there. Good luck :)
Thanks! Do you remember if you had to change your track officially on AMCAS? That's what I had to do for another school

Thanks! Do you remember if you had to change your track officially on AMCAS? That's what I had to do for another school

i didn't have the change anything. however... I'm a MS4, so it may have changed quite a bit since then.

CU is moving to P/F without honors for class of 2022

Reactions: 4 users
Omg how did you find out?! This is great news!

So have any of the December interviewees heard back yet? I am starting to get very impatient over here. Dream school!

So have any of the December interviewees heard back yet? I am starting to get very impatient over here. Dream school!
I interviewed beginning of December and haven’t heard anything back yet, so you’re not alone!

Anyone else in pre-II MD silence?

How many dates are left?

Last edited:
I really hope I at least get waitlisted here. I really like what I saw and the interaction with the MS. It truly is a welcoming community and a great opportunity with only one other med school in the entire state.

Last interview day is 3/2. There is still hope

Accepted just now and I am over the moon! Interviewed 12/15. Good luck to everyone still waiting, I know it sucks but you will get through it!

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted just now and I am over the moon! Interviewed 12/15. Good luck to everyone still waiting, I know it sucks but you will get through it!
Congratulations! How did they notify you? Phone call, e-mail, portal update? :)

Have yet to receive a call or an acceptance email and starting to believe this is not going to turn out good...
(interviewed early december)