2017-2018 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Those that were rejected, did y'all have FILEC status already? Any have the applicant status still?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
I'm still on Applicant status at CO, submitted 6/29

Members don't see this ad.

Was anyone rejected or accepted without a complete file (no LORs submitted yet)? I'm so confused how I was rejected without a complete app, especially since my stats are above their averages.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also rejected :/ it would have been nice to have a chance to fly out to CO (I've never been), but at least my wallet is a little happier now (I also live across the country). Submitted secondary 7/23, LM ~67

edit: typo

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey all, congrats to those who have already received IIs!! I submitted 7/15 and have had FILEC since 7/18. Have not heard anything since then. Could I be hopeful to assume no news is good news?

cGPA: 3.75; sGPA: 3.82; MCAT: 502. Significant Volunteer, EC, and clinical experience. In-State.

I have pretty much the exact same stats as you and I have been FILEC for awhile as well.

For the thread....
APPL at Colorado--secondary submitted 7/23
Complete at Utah--secondary submitted 7/23, complete 7/27
3.8 sGPA, 3.7 cGPA, 4.0 grad (Masters in Physiology), 502 MCAT (125/123/128/126)....500 hours family medicine, currently MA at clinic for uninsured. 8000 hours as a paralegal (non-trad)

I've been told that the CO campus will be very selective this year with admissions. GPA/MCAT will be more important than usual years due to the new AACOMAS rules and the more competitive applicants that the school is now attracting.

II at both Utah and Colorado today via email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seeing as you survived a cull today, no news is good news. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Man I still haven't received a secondary and everyone is getting II. I only submitted last Tuesday when I got my MCAT back, but still.... would they let me know if I won't be getting a secondary or just silent? 3.12 cGPA 3.72 sGPA 512 MCAT

Man I still haven't received a secondary and everyone is getting II. I only submitted last Tuesday when I got my MCAT back, but still.... would they let me know if I won't be getting a secondary or just silent? 3.12 cGPA 3.72 sGPA 512 MCAT

FWIW, I got the secondary 2 days after my primary was in.

That said, that was back in July when volume was lower. I'd give it another week before panicking.

FWIW, I got the secondary 2 days after my primary was in.

That said, that was back in July when volume was lower. I'd give it another week before panicking.
Awesome thanks to know I'll try and keep my panic at a minimum. I'm a Utah resident and would love to go. Thanks!

I wonder what their criteria is to pick people to interview. Very mysterious.
I'm wondering if it could be something geographic? I know stats aren't everything, but a lot of us with similar stats that should be competitive based on their class profile are being rejected, and those with lower stats are getting IIs. Many of us getting rejected also happen to live far from CO.

I'm wondering if it could be something geographic? I know stats aren't everything, but a lot of us with similar stats that should be competitive based on their class profile are being rejected, and those with lower stats are getting IIs. Many of us getting rejected also happen to live far from CO.
It may be yield protection? Some schools don't interview applicants they feel will go to other schools. I've seen it happen at my in state school. Who knows though. All speculation. It's all a great great mystery:)

Reactions: 1 users
Did you write a total love letter of a secondary? that's what they like to see.

Did you write a total love letter of a secondary? that's what they like to see.
I think so! They were definitely in my top 3 and I think I expressed that.

I'm still waiting to hear back from admissions about how I was rejected without having a complete file haha

I think so! They were definitely in my top 3 and I think I expressed that.

I'm still waiting to hear back from admissions about how I was rejected without having a complete file haha
I got rejected by them the day after applying (becasue I didn't have an mcat score released yet) and now i'll be interviewing there next month. So anything is possible!

Should I be able to see if my LORs have been added to my application? I'm kinda concerned that my application has still not changed from "applicant" after I submitted it on 07/14
I'm concerned as well. I submitted 7/7 and still on Appl.

I got rejected by them the day after applying (becasue I didn't have an mcat score released yet) and now i'll be interviewing there next month. So anything is possible!
Interesting! Congratulations :)

Rejected. 3.55 cgpa/3.8 sgpa 510. Submitted 6/29

Good luck to everyone!

Received rejection email. In APPL status since I submitted secondary on 7/5 with no change in status. :(

Rejected via email this morning.
3.6cgpa/3.6sgpa, 511

Are the stats for this program that competitive now?

cgpa 3.7 sgpa 3.74 mcat 506 REJECTED!!!

Rejected via email this morning.
3.6cgpa/3.6sgpa, 511

Are the stats for this program that competitive now?
I don't think they're rejecting on a stats-basis. As with anything regarding admissions, its a mystery and makes no sense to anyone but the adcom in question.

Did y'all that were rejected have a physician letter submitted to them already? My DO is being slow as hell with getting mine done and I submitted my secondary on 7/31

Did y'all that were rejected have a physician letter submitted to them already? My DO is being slow as hell with getting mine done and I submitted my secondary on 7/31

I had a DO letter and I was still rejected

Are all these rejections for the UT or CO campus? Kinda wish they had separate thread as I only applied to the UT campus...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Wild speculation: they're saving their seats for all the apps they will get from MD hopefuls who have yet to start their aacomas.

So sad, received my first rejection today from the CO campus. I would much rather attend the UT campus anyways but still sad. GPA above 3.5 and MCAT 505. Hopefully all goes well for Utah.

Those rejected today. when were you complete?

Those rejected today. when were you complete?
Submitted Secondary on 06/30, not sure if it ever said file complete for CO. Has been completed for UT for about a month though.

Just got a rejection from the CO campus. I was rejected from the Utah campus two weeks ago. Good Luck to all of you who have II!

I submitted my secondary to both campuses 7-23. This morning my Colorado app still said APPL and I don't think my Utah app ever said complete.

Rejected CO campus through email . Complete on 7/13 505 MCAT, 3.73 GPA, 3.6 sGPA.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Even though I don't have killer stats, all of these rejections from apps with high GPAs and MCATs makes me think they are looking for something very specific in applicants. Maybe a huge regional bias or huge weight on secondary essays.

Slowly awaiting the hammer of justice over here. no big deal.

Reactions: 5 users
First rejection of the season, 3.3ish GPAs and 512 mcat. Currently rethinking life

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

At least they are letting us know now instead of in March like some schools.

Reactions: 2 users
Even though I don't have killer stats, all of these rejections from apps with high GPAs and MCATs makes me think they are looking for something very specific in applicants. Maybe a huge regional bias or huge weight on secondary essays.
This. According to recent grads and current students i've talked to. They accept >80% of candidates interviewed, so they want a love letter of a secondary. By love letter, i mean a mature and compelling narrative that demonstrates your motivation to attend their school.