2017-2018 Michigan State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear anything regarding decisions? Last year they were pretty quick to call.

Members don't see this ad.

OOS applicant....haven't heard anything...i don't recall anyone mentioning the specific date we will hear back...i just saw on the website the earliest they will send out acceptances is oct. 18 (oct. 4 for ED im assuming)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
this might help

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 11.14.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-16 at 11.14.25 PM.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 215
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a call and I'm accepted! IS, interviewed 9/29 in Lansing

9/18 Grand Rapids interview, got a call yesterday evening that I was in. I recall being told that decisions would be 'sent out' Oct. 19th, so I'm guessing the emails/portal changes will arrive then.

Does anyone remember what they said about wait list?? i remember the stats were pretty bad

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who got the acceptance call seen a portal update yet?

alternate list 6/18 interview
I don't mean to bring up bad feelings but do you think you could comment on why you believe you were waitlisted? Did the interview not go well? Congrats on receiving the interview though! Feedback would be really appreciated.

Was thinking about adding this school today. Do you guys think that it’s too late?

I don't mean to bring up bad feelings but do you think you could comment on why you believe you were waitlisted? Did the interview not go well? Congrats on receiving the interview though! Feedback would be really appreciated.
I thought that the interview went well and the MMI was a breeze. I think in the end it just came back to my MCAT score being too low. It was lower than their average so I was surprised I even got an interview.

I thought that the interview went well and the MMI was a breeze. I think in the end it just came back to my MCAT score being too low. It was lower than their average so I was surprised I even got an interview.
I have my interview here next week and think I'm a strong interviewer, but I'm kind of nervous too because my MCAT isn't the highest (506). Best of luck to you with the rest of the admissions process.

Interview just now.. Was completed August 4th

For those who were accepted, when filling out the dean's certification form, did you just put your AMCAS ID for student number?

Any general interview advice? This is my dream school and my interview is Friday.

Reactions: 1 users
Any general interview advice? This is my dream school and my interview is Friday.

Just be yourself. :) My interview was really casual, and the MMI structure was frightening going in because I had no idea what to expect, but it actually ended up being fun. I would say carefully consider all aspects of questions, but make sure you let your own thoughts and opinions shine through.

The med student I interviewed with was really friendly and welcomed all questions, so that also put me at ease.

Just got an acceptance phone call! Interviewed on 10/9

Reactions: 7 users
Nice congrats!! Has your portal been updated? Also what was the conversation like?
The portal isn't updated, and the person on the phone just told me they had finished meeting on my file minutes prior and I'll get an email later this week

Received my acceptance a week ago! Super excited! Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else from the 9/29 interview not hear back yet? I thought today would be the day since I didn't hear from them last week but I'm still waiting.

Anyone else from the 9/29 interview not hear back yet? I thought today would be the day since I didn't hear from them last week but I'm still waiting.
I interviewed 10/9 and no news for me yet

Interview date was scheduled for 12/4 at the GR campus. Anyone have the same date?

for anyone who got on the alternate list, what do u include in a Letter of intent? I am not sure if i should put activities in there or put that separately on the portal?

I got a phone call tonight that I was accepted!!!! I'm IS and interviewed on Oct 9. This is so exciting and I still can't believe that I'm going to be a doctor. I keep repeating it to myself but it just isn't getting through. I'm wishing everyone else the very best of luck!

Reactions: 6 users
I got a phone call tonight that I was accepted!!!! I'm IS and interviewed on Oct 9. This is so exciting and I still can't believe that I'm going to be a doctor. I keep repeating it to myself but it just isn't getting through. I'm wishing everyone else the very best of luck!

Congrats! I didn't expect them to call on a Monday night. At my interview, we were told that we'd get calls on Tuesdays, unless they review EL and GR interviewees separately..Mind me asking where did you interview?

I'm in! Got a call last night. Interviewed 10/23 in GR. I am still in disbelief!

Reactions: 4 users