2017-2018 Mercer University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone receive interviews this month? Anyone know when they stop giving interviews?
They stop January 22nd. Confirm this on the portal where the welcome message is.

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Will Mercer reply after you sent in an update?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody know for sure if the admissions committee is meeting tomorrow?

It’s not a requirement to send grades is it? Like above, my gpa didn’t really change, and I don’t have any other significant updates. However, I don’t want to neglect sending an updated transcript if they asked for it, and I just missed it.

Hello all!

New to this thread. My significant other is waiting on a post II decision here. She interviewed late October. Has anyone heard back with a decision that interviewed at her time or later?

Hello all!

New to this thread. My significant other is waiting on a post II decision here. She interviewed late October. Has anyone heard back with a decision that interviewed at her time or later?
I’m on the same boat, interviewed in late Oct. The committee will meet tomorrow. So hopefully for some good news.

Reactions: 1 user
I thought we were suppose to hear back on the third Wednesday of the month after our interview. Is that not how it normally works

I thought we were suppose to hear back on the third Wednesday of the month after our interview. Is that not how it normally works
That’s what I thought too. Usually they called on Weds evening or Thursday morning email.
Edit: misread your statement. Nicki is correct, you could be rolled over if you did not get accepted.

Last edited:
You hopefully hear the month after your interview! But if you are not accepted or rejected or maybe waitlisted on that Wednesday or Thursday, then i believe you are rolled over to the next months meeting. They continuously review you until a decision is made

Members don't see this ad :)
Mercer Macon campus is close due to the snow. I don't think they will meet today.

Anybody heard if the Savannah campus is closed today too?

Anybody heard if the Savannah campus is closed today too?
Savannah was not closed today. All campuses will be open tomorrow. Atlanta, Henry, and Douglas campus will have a delay tomorrow but I think that's irrelevant to us.

Savannah was not closed today. All campuses will be open tomorrow. Atlanta, Henry, and Douglas campus will have a delay tomorrow but I think that's irrelevant to us.
Do you think they will reschedule the meeting for next Weds?

Since they’ll have their last interview on Monday. I think it would make sense that the meeting would be this coming Weds. Unless, someone heard about acceptance this week

Since they’ll have their last interview on Monday. I think it would make sense that the meeting would be this coming Weds. Unless, someone heard about acceptance this week
I called and asked it' this Wednesday

Reactions: 1 users
Today is the last date of interview, that makes sense. If I remember correctly, last year they also sent mass waitlist emails on last date of March too.

Pre II. I'm assuming that's what the others are referring too as well. They sent a mass pre-II rejection email today it looks like.

I am sorry to hear that! Best of luck though!

Does this school reject if you don't express extreme interest in primary care?

Rejected yesterday as well pre-II. 3.8 cGOA, 3.86 sGPA, 510 MCAT.

If you get accepted you would get a call/email today or tomorrow. If not, you are rolled over and the wait continues

Reactions: 2 users
ALl day today or today evening?
Do they accept people every Wednesday or periodic Wednesday’s?

Last edited:
It’s the third Wednesday of every month. This months was pushed because of inclement weather. I think the meeting is at 5 pm or something so people usually hear after then or the following Thursday. If you hear nothing you’re rolled over. Hope that helps!

Is this Macon and Savannah both pushing theirs?

Wait do they review you the month AFTER your interview? So if you interview December, you will be reviewed on 3rd week in January?

Last edited:
Is this Macon and Savannah both pushing theirs?

Wait do they review you the month AFTER your interview? So if you interview December, you will be reviewed on 3rd week in January?
It depends when you interviewed. If you interviewed before the committee meeting in December, then you're reviewed that same month and each following 3rd Wed (unless it snows apparently) if you're not accepted/rejected/WL.

Did everyone receive a call last night or email today yet?

Nothing on my end. According to last year, Jan was a quiet month as well.

Interviewed last week, per admissions, there should have been a committee meeting yesterday afternoon so there should be calls going out last night or emails going out today.

Interviewed last week, per admissions, there should have been a committee meeting yesterday afternoon so there should be calls going out last night or emails going out today.
So I am guessing everyone has been rolled over for this month

Do you think they just wanted to wait for the aamc multiple acceptance report in February?

yeah my SO has not heard anything either. Interviewed in November I believe