2017-2018 Mercer University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think they just wanted to wait for the aamc multiple acceptance report in February?

I also heard nothing, and I’m really hoping this is the case

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know why would they do that- like how would they use that information?
Ive been told some schools use it to offer extra seats before April, because they generally have a good idea what their yield is out of multiple acceptances. That said, it's pure speculation at this point...but I can't come up with another reason that they would defer ALL the acceptances for January

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m guessing the people who are accepted aren’t SDN members. My interview group was like <5 ppl.

Just got back from another interview, I didn't hear anything either... Did anyone call to ask if anyone got accepted yesterday?

I was accepted back in November, but just made an account. A friend of mine was accepted today so they did accept some this month.

Reactions: 2 users
I was accepted back in November, but just made an account. A friend of mine was accepted today so they did accept some this month.
Welp... on to the next month. Congrats to your friend!

Did your friend interview in Macon or Savannah?

Is anyone else freaking out and thinking that they'll just never get in anywhere? D: This is my second go at this and it's been so much better yet I'm still coming up empty. I guess knowing that my stats are a bit lower than average gives me less confidence.

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone else freaking out and thinking that they'll just never get in anywhere? D: This is my second go at this and it's been so much better yet I'm still coming up empty. I guess knowing that my stats are a bit lower than average gives me less confidence.

It’s draining for sure. Just remember that none of this defines you, and you tried your best

I was thinking exactly that until the end of last week. Now, I'm suddenly sitting on multiple acceptances...so things can change really fast. I think this process is so hard for so many of us premeds...not only because we are so powerless but largely because we are often those who are least used to having no control over an outcome. Extra lab time to bring up our Ochem grade before we go to the hospital to work/ volunteer? Yes please! Diligent MCAT prep...done that! So, it's hard to wait! But, I think that you will almost certainly be successful. (Many of those with multiple acceptances in our state help explain why Mercer, Morehouse, and to a lesser extent MCG have so much waitlist movement). In multiple threads, I've seen you offer encouragement to others on this site. So, here is some in return; I believe in you and look forward to us being members of the same distinguished profession. Good luck

Reactions: 5 users
I was happy when I received IIs early in the cycle. The interviews went great and I felt confident. And now I felt so unwanted as time passed... Be strong everyone.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s draining for sure. Just remember that none of this defines you, and you tried your best

I was thinking exactly that until the end of last week. Now, I'm suddenly sitting on multiple acceptances...so things can change really fast. I think this process is so hard for so many of us premeds...not only because we are so powerless but largely because we are often those who are least used to having no control over an outcome. Extra lab time to bring up our Ochem grade before we go to the hospital to work/ volunteer? Yes please! Diligent MCAT prep...done that! So, it's hard to wait! But, I think that you will almost certainly be successful. (Many of those with multiple acceptances in our state help explain why Mercer, Morehouse, and to a lesser extent MCG have so much waitlist movement). In multiple threads, I've seen you offer encouragement to others on this site. So, here is some in return; I believe in you and look forward to us being members of the same distinguished profession. Good luck

Thank you so much guys :') Congrats on MCG and all of your other acceptances Nedsson! I'm so happy for you. I just want to have a big Georgia future doctor meet up with all the nice people I've encountered on this site before we are all hopefully headed to school.

Does Mercer waitlist everyone post-interview who isn't accepted? Trying to decide if I should send an update letter now or wait until after waitlist. I've heard it's better to wait post-waitlist, but if there's a chance I'll be rejected post-interview, I might as well send an update letter of interest now.

I’ve actually been wondering the same thing and was going to send one yesterday but stopped myself due to the chance of an acceptance *maybe* coming soon lol. I think I’m gonna wait though because of that despite being a little neurotic

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if the committee met yesterday or will they meet next week?

Today’s the day. Good luck everybody

Reactions: 7 users
Are we sure there was a meeting today? I emailed Sabina in Savannah a couple days ago to ask but I never got a reply

Wow this sucks, so this means if we haven’t heard anything it’s a no pretty much?

What are you guys thinking? Waitlist next month at the usual meeting time?

What are you guys thinking? Waitlist next month at the usual meeting time?

Either that or straight up rejected...preparing myself for this one . However if waitlisted there’s still hope, they usually have a lot of movement

Either that or straight up rejected...preparing myself for this one . However if waitlisted there’s still hope, they usually have a lot of movement

They do have a lot of movement. If memory serves, the MSAR said that they accepted more than 50 off the waitlist (got to look the exact # up after this). When you think about the fact that at least another 50 were early decision...that means they don't get a very high yield out of their initial acceptances. So, strap in...cause once people can't hold multiple seats the GA pre-med train is going to be a wild ride.

Follow up. MSAR lists >70 acceptances off of a waitlist of 150. 53 initial acceptances were ED. So, do the math...a very large number of Mercer matriculants get in off the waitlist.

I got rejected from Mercer twice! Once on Jan 23rd and again today. 2 rejection emails? Okay Mercer, I get it!

Sent from my 5056W using SDN mobile

Would've been pretty cool to get our rankings for the waitlist but at least we didn't get rejected!

Oh gosh, I'm too scared to check. I have a bad feeling I got rejected...

Just declined my acceptance, hope it goes to a deserving person. have a blessed weekend.

Reactions: 7 users
Waitlisted today but am pulling out. Good luck to everyone on the alternate list. I know someone who got off it last year in May. There's a TON of movement.

Reactions: 4 users