2017-2018 Mercer University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted today but am pulling out. Good luck to everyone on the alternate list. I know someone who got off it last year in May. There's a TON of movement.

I am contemplating whether I should do this as well. I think I'll reflect over it this weekend, then decide Monday. Congratulations on all your success this cycle. Best of luck to you wherever you choose (guessing Morehouse?).

Reactions: 1 users
I'm withdrawing as well. Good luck everyone

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am contemplating whether I should do this as well. I think I'll reflect over it this weekend, then decide Monday. Congratulations on all your success this cycle. Best of luck to you wherever you choose (guessing Morehouse?).

Thank you so much! Most likely Morehouse but we will see still waiting for some news. Congrats to you too!

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted
Email received 2/23

Waitlisted as well. Anyone know if Mercer ranks their waitlist? If so do they inform the applicants their spot on the waitlist?

I believe they do have ranking system, and you were assigned with a number after your interview. That information won’t be revealed to us though.

Last edited:
If they have a ranking system why wouldn't they just tell us our number. That way we can stop worrying bout it and at leat know where we sort of stand?

I wonder if still meet every third Weds? Does anyone know how full the class is at this time?

I wonder if still meet every third Weds? Does anyone know how full the class is at this time?

Yes they do, and I assume that the class is full because the email stated they gave as many offers that were available.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes they do, and I assume that the class is full because the email stated they gave as many offers that were available.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I think the idea of a waitlist implies that the class is full, yes!

As I've been active on this thread a fair bit this cycle, I wanted to take a moment to officially wish everyone (whether accepted already, or waiting to hear good news) good luck! While I absolutely loved my Mercer interview, it doesn't seem worthwhile (or fair) to take up a waitlist position when I'm not even sure that I would choose Mercer above my current acceptances. I'm definitely saddened that this means I'm missing out on having some of the amazing people on this thread as classmates...but I think it's still the right thing to do. Best of luck to you all (Hey, the waitlist just got one shorter;)) once again! See you on the wards someday.

Nedsson

Reactions: 11 users
Hey Guys,

Long time lurker on this thread. I just wanted to announce that I was recently blessed by being accepted off of the waitlist. A great set of people here and I wish all you great success. Hang in there!!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey Guys,

Long time lurker on this thread. I just wanted to announce that I was recently blessed by being accepted off of the waitlist. A great set of people here and I wish all you great success. Hang in there!!
Congrats!! I was wondering if there had been any movement

Just wondering, did everybody get a response back when they replied to remain on the waitlist? Because I realized I never did, and now I'm paranoid I may not be on it... I'll call tomorrow though to make sure. I hope my emails don't just go straight to spam because I've tried to contact three different people plus the general admissions email in the past and I never got a reply.

Maybe send a f/u email saying "Hi, I just want to make sure I am on the waiting list, etc. etc."
Crisis averted, they actually did reply and I just never saw it. Ugh. This process is making me go crazy lol

If we want to send a letter of intent/update, who would be the best person to address it to?

Does anyone know if the ADCOM continues to meet every third Wednesday? Or do they just bring people off the waitlist as accepted students withdraw?

Well, here’s to hoping some miracle would happen today!

Just withdrew from the wait list. Here is a shorter wait list for y'all!

Reactions: 3 users
Going to be withdrawing from this school as well. Good luck to everyone waiting!

So... anyone knows when waitlist movement at Mercer will start? April 1st?

Just withdrew from the wait list. I got another acceptance. I hope things come through for everyone!!

Accepted off the waitlist!

Reactions: 4 users
When you get a call from Mercer but it's just someone asking for money since you're an alumna :arghh:

• Wow
I'm sure someone has already posted something like this, but is there a facebook group for accepted students? also, anyone know where med students decide to live?

Congrats, did you just got accepted today? When did you interview? Was it via email or call?
They emailed me first, but then my interviewer called me a few hours later (it was obvious that i was supposed to receive the call first tho lol). I interviewed in like October I think, so its been awhile for sure!

They emailed me first, but then my interviewer called me a few hours later (it was obvious that i was supposed to receive the call first tho lol). I interviewed in like October I think, so its been awhile for sure!
Thanks! I interviewed in October too, but the wait list was ranked so lol. At least there is some waitlist movement.

I thought Mercer's waitlist is unranked
If my memory served me, they said after the interview, you would be given a “number” and it remained unchanged on your profile. However, that information won’t be revealed to us

Last edited:
I'm sure someone has already posted something like this, but is there a facebook group for accepted students? also, anyone know where med students decide to live?

There is usually a party that the rising Macon 2nd years will throw for the Macon incoming class around June-ish. If you can make that, that's when I would try to get info on where to live, cause we are all over the place. Definitely don't get a place here without talking to a few people first.

also, can anyone tell me why they prefer a certain campus over the other? I interviewed at the macon campus but don't know much about the savannah campus

also, can anyone tell me why they prefer a certain campus over the other? I interviewed at the macon campus but don't know much about the savannah campus

Here you go! Posted this a couple months ago. Feel free to ask me any more questions

I went to Mercer for undergrad so I'm super familiar with the Macon campus.

Pros:
Campus feel/activities because the medical school is on the undergrad campus (pro for me personally, could be a con for some people)
Campus is constantly upgrading (just built a new science building steps away from the med school building)
Cost of living is lower than in Savannah (I interviewed in Savannah and the current students said most people live in/rent houses, apartments are widely available in Macon)
About 1 1/2 hours from Atlanta (I've made the drive sooo many times, it goes by super quickly)

Cons:
Medical school building is older/not as fancy as Savannah
Not much to do in Macon compared to Savannah (random, but Macon is getting rid of its only Target and that really bums me out lol)
Hospital is farther away than Savannah (hospital is walking distance behind the med school building in Savannah)
No close access to the beach like in Savannah

While at Mercer for undergrad, I 100% thought I'd choose the Savannah campus for med school, but now I'm realizing that the campus feel of Macon is better for me :)
I'm probably forgetting stuff, so if you (or anyone) have any specific questions about the Macon campus/Macon in general, please feel free to ask :)

Also, how are we supposed to release the Background Check directly to MUSM?

I just got accepted off the waitlist!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone else tried to schedule a tour at Savannah and not gotten a reply? I have tried twice now with no luck! Starting to think it's me

Does anyone know if we could possibly submit additional letters of recommendation at this point?

Does anyone know if we could possibly submit additional letters of recommendation at this point?
You can, but I doubt it has any effect on your “rank”. I heard people with updated mcat got accepted( from different school) though. I also just requested new recommendation letters for new cycle. I will also plan to retake the MCAT again too. I encourage anyone who still hasn’t got accepted to do the same, you don’t have a lot of time till the new cycle start