2017-2018 Mayo Clinic School of Medicine - Arizona Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would it be too late now to add this to my list of schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes but if harvard set up a satellite campus in Tennessee, I would still not expect similar standards for admission given you are no longer at mgh, brigham etc.
Even if their medical center is "#1 in the state"

But Mayo has had a hospital and research facility in Phoenix for a long time so your analogy isn't quite accurate.

Just wanted to echo that although the AZ campus is newer than its MN counterpart, Mayo has been in the Phoenix/Scottsdale for 30 years now, and it's growing stronger each year. It has a great name in the Phoenix area, and it also receives recognition on the national level. Just recently, Mayo-Phoenix broke the Top 20 on the US News Report for best hospitals in the nation. --> http://health.usnews.com/health-care/best-hospitals/articles/best-hospitals-honor-roll-and-overview.

Throw that in with sunny winters, access to the resources of Mayo MN and Mayo FL, plus the added excitement of getting to be a part of laying the foundation of a new campus, there's a lot of great reasons to want to join us in AZ. Best of luck to everyone this cycle!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As the family member of a former Mayo AZ patient, the hospitals there were exceptional from that perspective as well. My mom is still raving about it 5 years later :) They really do go above and beyond for their patients.

Reactions: 3 users
Just received an email that my application is on hold.

Secondary Received 7/13. Secondary Submitted 7/14.

Anyone know if these is essentially a rejection, or if there is a chance to come off of hold?

Mayo MN is sending out rejections already (post-secondary) and holds - consensus is that if you haven't been rejected then you are definitely still in the running. They might be waiting to see the full applicant pool to get the best mix of people interviewing.

Reactions: 2 users
As the family member of a former Mayo AZ patient, the hospitals there were exceptional from that perspective as well. My mom is still raving about it 5 years later :) They really do go above and beyond for their patients.

I've been a patient in Jacksonville for years and it really is an exceptional experience.

Mayo MN is sending out rejections already (post-secondary) and holds - consensus is that if you haven't been rejected then you are definitely still in the running. They might be waiting to see the full applicant pool to get the best mix of people interviewing.
So, does anyone know if the AZ campus has a class size that's as small as MN's? Or is it larger? MSAR has total matriculation for MS at 51 students; I wonder if AZ's campus is this small.

Is there any consensus on if we should submit a CV? Does it reflect poorly on us if we do not?

Is there any consensus on if we should submit a CV? Does it reflect poorly on us if we do not?
I would think that it would okay to submit, as long as it adds something substantial (perhaps, employment not mentioned on AMCAS?). But, otherwise, I think it's neutral.

In other words, it won't hurt you, and I imagine it would only "help" if it's adding substantial and meaningful information to your application.

I submitted one because I have a lot of non-science research and presentation experience that is fleshed out in my CV but was nearly impossible to add to my primary application, and I just started a new volunteering position and new research position that I included. I really don't think it looks poorly if you don't include one, especially if it doesn't add anything.

So, does anyone know if the AZ campus has a class size that's as small as MN's? Or is it larger? MSAR has total matriculation for MS at 51 students; I wonder if AZ's campus is this small.

Our class in AZ is 50 students as well

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was also just placed on hold today. I submitted my secondary on 8/6

Big bunch of nothing today. Submitted early/mid-July

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't been placed on hold but haven't been rejected, yet still haven't heard anything...... :shrug:

Reactions: 7 users
My app was complete on 7/22, still haven't heard anything.

Anyone wanna share what the email says

Radio silence here, complete 7/18

Same here, but now that rejections and holds are going out, I'm happy with silence for now! I feel a reject/hold email coming on every time I check my inbox... which may or may not be 5x an hour. Like maybe my inbox is mocking me when it says "updated 2 minutes ago" when I go to refresh... :D

Reactions: 6 users
Same here, but now that rejections and holds are going out, I'm happy with silence for now! I feel a reject/hold email coming on every time I check my inbox... which may or may not be 5x an hour. Like maybe my inbox is mocking me when it says "updated 2 minutes ago" when I go to refresh... :D

I'm in the exact same boat. I'm at work constantly refreshing my inbox. I submitted 7/16 and have yet to hear, so maybe that's a good thing?

I just tell myself they save the best for last. ;)

I just tell myself they save the best for last. ;)
I hope so. This is my third year applying. No II in previous year. Third times the charm as they say.

Reactions: 2 users
Silence from both campus. Hoping for a good news.

Reactions: 3 users
II!! So excited

Reactions: 12 users
Is admissions rolling here? For any current student: How long after your interview till you heard back about acceptance/rejection?

Rejected from MN campus a few days back – I was sure I had a red flag... but AZ is showing me some love today (in the form of an II)! Guess the two campuses are looking for different kinds of students
LizzyM 78
Edit: complete 7/26

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users