2017-2018 Mayo Clinic School of Medicine - Arizona Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II as well!!!!! Complete 8/3, MCAT 518, GPA 3.95.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
II! complete 8/7. LM 78

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Hopefully yours will be rolling in soon!!

I don't know if they've even checked the "2 + 2" applicants. I'm wondering if that was a fatal mistake on my part ...

Reactions: 1 user
II this morning. Scheduled for the first available interview slot on 10/23.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have an extra "communication" tab on their portal? When I open it- it just says "Email" nothing else. hopefully this is a pending II and not a rejection!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have an extra "communication" tab on their portal? When I open it- it just says "Email" nothing else. hopefully this is a pending II and not a rejection!

I have this too - choosing to believe it's just a glitchy system that means nothing rather than get my hopes up or read too far into it

I have this too - choosing to believe it's just a glitchy system that means nothing rather than get my hopes up or read too far into it

Did yours just appear today? I rarely check the portal so don't know if its something new or not..

Also received II here this morning! Can't really believe it... complete sometime in July!!

Did yours just appear today? I rarely check the portal so don't know if its something new or not..

I don't remember, I have been trying to refrain from checking portals too frequently to maintain some semblance of sanity.

I don't remember, I have been trying to refrain from checking portals too frequently to maintain some semblance of sanity.

I am not sure either. All I have to compare is the Mayo MN campus where it is not present. Anyone who got an II, is the communication detail tab present?

Yes, it just appeared today. I'm thinking it's just a glitch. I only submitted my application recently, so I do not believe it has been reviewed yet to either reject me or place me on hold.

Yes, it just appeared today. I'm thinking it's just a glitch. I only submitted my application recently, so I do not believe it has been reviewed yet to either reject me or place me on hold.
Interesting.

Rejected.

IS, LM 67, complete 7/13.

This was a huge reach, but was an absolute dream school for me. Good luck to everyone else!

II!!! Completely floored, was not expecting this! LizzyM 71-74, complete August 11

Reactions: 3 users
Placed on Hold. Complete Mid August. I recieved II to Mayo MN though

II!! Immediately afterwards received the on hold email at Mayo Rochester. This easily softened the blow...
Complete 8/10 for both

HOLY MOLY II! this is my dream that I was afraid to dream! :love:

25% per US News

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just wondering if that's for the Mayo Clinic or specifically for AZ? I know the MSAR doesn't even have a separate entry for AZ so thought I'd check...thanks for providing this info!!

Just wondering if that's for the Mayo Clinic or specifically for AZ? I know the MSAR doesn't even have a separate entry for AZ so thought I'd check...thanks for providing this info!!

Also curious about this, especially class size. They only have 1 class right now, correct?

Anyone know what the Communication Detail tab is?

Hi everyone - congrats to those receiving II and even holds! I got off a hold last year for a school (although didn't get in.. womp womp.. but thats on me haha) so there is hope!!!!

Has anyone not received **anything**, like me??? No hold, no rejection, no II, nada?

Ive got nada, complete mid july. I do have that weird communication detail tab though- so that means something (or nothing)

Ive got nada, complete mid july. I do have that weird communication detail tab though- so that means something (or nothing)
me too! i got the tab too!! fingers crossed for us - maybe it means an II is in the works!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone - congrats to those receiving II and even holds! I got off a hold last year for a school (although didn't get in.. womp womp.. but thats on me haha) so there is hope!!!!

Has anyone not received **anything**, like me??? No hold, no rejection, no II, nada?

I've heard nothing. Complete early August, I think. Or late July. I'd have to check.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

me too! i got the tab too!! fingers crossed for us - maybe it means an II is in the works!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm I see the weird "Communication Details" tab also.. I wonder if it shows up on everyone's portal?
Anyways, I was complete late July, radio silence from both Mayo's so far..

Also curious about this, especially class size. They only have 1 class right now, correct?

The AZ class is 50 students. The main Mayo website lists that as a planned number for both locations. But yeah, it would be nice to have MSAR data for the AZ location specifically..

Curious, did anyone recieve II to AZ and Rochester?

placed on hold as well! Congrats to all IIs :)

The post interview acceptance rate is about 22% according to their website. That's for both campuses combined. Not really the greatest odds but so thankful that I even get to interview here. This school is definitely the dream school for me.

I am psyched I got a II today! :) My LM is 75, and I applied in late July. Does anyone know if they have a social event the night before the interview like several other medical schools do?

Curious, did anyone recieve II to AZ and Rochester?
Not that I've seen, though there have been mixes of II's from one place and hold's from another; some have II's from one, and silence from the other (me—II from MN, nada from AZ).

So it's a mixed bag... Definitely a crazy day today for the Mayo campuses!

I had to take a new headshot today because my previous one was older than 6 months. Just submitted the pic, and now I only see interview dates in November. Is anyone interviewing earlier? Did I miss all those early spots this morning?