2017-2018 Indiana University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone who has preferenced indy as their interview location heard anything about a date yet? I have not heard anything since the initial II but I do have checkmarks next to all of my documents on the portal so I guess that's good
Also selected the Indy location, but no word yet on the day and time. I keep refreshing my inbox...

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone who has preferenced indy as their interview location heard anything about a date yet? I have not heard anything since the initial II but I do have checkmarks next to all of my documents on the portal so I guess that's good
I chose Indy for my interview, and they sent me an email last week that my date is 9/6.

Members don't see this ad :)

Chose south bend, but am in the exact same boat, nothing but the original II email, but all green checkmarks.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For those who did get II, we're supposed to create a guest account to finish the Graduate Online Application right? I just keep getting an error when trying to verify the guest account and wanted to make sure I'm doing it right.

Can anyone clarify if there is anything we should have done after submitting our primary to AMCAS? I submitted 6/21, verified 7/14, got the confirmation email from IUSM 7/17 and nothing since. I am IS and 77 LM but not sure if I should be worried or if I missed a step. Thanks!

For those who did get II, we're supposed to create a guest account to finish the Graduate Online Application right? I just keep getting an error when trying to verify the guest account and wanted to make sure I'm doing it right.

I am having the same problem right now.

Can anyone clarify if there is anything we should have done after submitting our primary to AMCAS? I submitted 6/21, verified 7/14, got the confirmation email from IUSM 7/17 and nothing since. I am IS and 77 LM but not sure if I should be worried or if I missed a step. Thanks!
I didnt get any confirmation email since 07/31. I am going to call them tomorrow

My sister went here so I hope they recognize the name and show some love.

They tell my sister's story/journey to medical school all the time during interviews lol

I didnt get any confirmation email since 07/31. I am going to call them tomorrow
Most of the people getting interviews at this point received confirmation around 7/10. You don't receive any further notification unless you get an interview. I imagine they are going through in the order in which they received, so you would probably be soon to come.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally have been scheduled!

Reactions: 2 users
When did you find out? And has your portal changed? I still haven't heard a thing about a date

I got sent an email today with my date and time and to respond to the email with a confirmation. My portal has not reflected this yet though

Reactions: 1 user
I got sent an email today with my date and time and to respond to the email with a confirmation. My portal has not reflected this yet though

Same here!

I am having the same problem right now.

Seems like it's working today. I think the site was just under maintenance or something yesterday, as there is now an option to select the Fall 2018 term instead of Fall 2017 in the Graduate Application.

Hey, Everyone! I am a current MS1 at IU- South Bend, just wanted to throw it out there if any of you guys need a place to stay before your interview I've got a guest room and live a 5-minute walk to the campus. Just message me if you need a place to crash. I know not a lot of people interview at South Bend but it's here if you need it.

This is genuinely so kind and nice.
I may take you up on that if And when I get my date lol.
Would love to learn all about the SB campus

Ma I ask:
1) Are you assign to be interviewed at any regional campus or Indy?
2) What day? 9/6 or 9/13 !
Txs

If anyone from OOS has the 9/13 interview date and needs a place to crash, DM me. I have that interview date as well and we could drive down together. I live about 20 min north of campus.

In order to get our interview date do we need to turn in the dean of students and legal disclosure form? How do we turn that in?

In order to get our interview date do we need to turn in the dean of students and legal disclosure form? How do we turn that in?

I got my date before both forms were in, but I definetely wouldn't postpone getting them in! I was browsing last year's thread, and someone mentioned that their application wasn't put under consideration after their interview until the office received the forms.

I got my date before both forms were in, but I definetely wouldn't postpone getting them in! I was browsing last year's thread, and someone mentioned that their application wasn't put under consideration after their interview until the office received the forms.
Did you mail the forms in? Scan and email?

Did you mail the forms in? Scan and email?

I mailed in the legal disclosure form, and my school is going to mail in the dean's evaluation for me! I don't believe we are able to email the forms in.

On the other hand, I have both my forms turned in and no interview date yet!!
I had the Dean of my school mail the evaluation and mailed the legal disclosure myself

I'm sure you have a date coming soon! I just found out mine yesterday! What location did you choose?

Congratulations, I chose South Bend, I'm really interested in that campus. I've heard great things!

Have any IS been rejected yet? I'm IS and hoping that gives me an advantage.

Have any IS been rejected yet? I'm IS and hoping that gives me an advantage.
The MSAR says that last year there were 734 IS applications and 463 were interviewed. Out of that, 258 matriculated and I don't think this includes all the people that were accepted. So yeah if you're in state with good stats you have a pretty good chance

Rejected. Complete 7/18, OOS. Probably since I can't locate Indiana on a map

Reactions: 1 users
5f42a79989ee78f0978c3cb9cc10826d.png

Reactions: 7 users
Is there anyone who got below 509 or 125 but still being considered for EDP?

Rejected today. OOS LizzyM 70. Neighboring state. Primary verified on 6/19. No other obvious ties to the state. Good luck everyone!

Rejected yesterday, 71 LM, neighboring state with no ties. Verified 6/28. Best of luck to everyone!

Last edited:
So nervous about hearing back from Indy submitted 1' on 06/15.
I'm OOS! Anyone OOS get an interview yet ?

First rejection of the cycle. Kinda bummed. OOS MCAT: 514 , gpa: 3.9

Verified 6/29

So nervous about hearing back from Indy submitted 1' on 06/15.
I'm OOS! Anyone OOS get an interview yet ?

OOS here with no ties, received ii three days ago. Kind of shocked since I have great but not amazing stats.