2017-2018 Indiana University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the people that have gotten II, how long ago did you submit you application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I submitted my primary on 6/1, was verified 6/14, and received the confirmation email from IU on 7/10

Members don't see this ad.

For the people that have gotten II, how long ago did you submit you application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I submitted my primary on 6/8 and it was verified the same day (EDP applicant). I got a confirmation from IU on 7/10 and then an II on 8/2

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who chose south bend hear anything?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I got the strange correction email that clarified the 9/6 date, but I still haven't gotten an email from the actual IUSM SB campus. I called yesterday and they said I should get it shortly, but still nothing. And no portal update.

Reactions: 1 user
So is it safe to say that us people with IIs should be preparing for Sept 6th regardless of campus choice?

I got the strange correction email that clarified the 9/6 date, but I still haven't gotten an email from the actual IUSM SB campus. I called yesterday and they said I should get it shortly, but still nothing. And no portal update.

Ok thank you.
I received no emails at all, apart from the original email that I had been selected to interview.
No portal updates either!

Please let me know if the SB campus emails you!

I appreciate your help!

I submitted 6/1, was verified 6/6, but didn't get the email from IU until 7/24. Haven't heard anything from them since.

Feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick here.

I submitted 6/1, was verified 6/6, but didn't get the email from IU until 7/24. Haven't heard anything from them since.

Feel like I'm getting the short end of the stick here.

That's where I was, I got my IU e-mail at the end of July despite being verified early June. I'm honestly not expecting to get another e-mail from them, though. I don't have strong enough ties to Indiana and am OOS

Submitted the primary on 7/4, verified 7/31, IU received it on 8/2, II notification email today on 8/10.
I'm in-state.

That's where I was, I got my IU e-mail at the end of July despite being verified early June. I'm honestly not expecting to get another e-mail from them, though. I don't have strong enough ties to Indiana and am OOS
Gotcha! I'm actually IS and interviewed there a previous cycle so I'm hoping I hear back from them soon haha:laugh:

Were you waitlisted? Do you know why? I hope this is your year!
Yeeeeep. I had a somewhat unhelpful meeting with an adcom member about what the problem was, and I have addressed that and more in the years since. So hopefully they see that! Thank you, good luck to you too! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
II! LM 76, complete 7/11. OOS Midwest and also grew up in a neighboring state

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
anyone still not gotten email with actual date/time for the interview after receiving the II?

Reactions: 1 users
anyone still not gotten email with actual date/time for the interview after receiving the II?
Which site did you choose? It seems like only a couple have been scheduled so far. From reading the threads of past years, it looks like they might wait to schedule a specific location until they have enough people to do an interview day.

I know IU Northwest was scheduled because that's what I chose.

Which site did you choose? It seems like only a couple have been scheduled so far. From reading the threads of past years, it looks like they might wait to schedule a specific location until they have enough people to do an interview day.

I know IU Northwest was scheduled because that's what I chose.
Okay that makes sense, thanks

I still havent received an email that they received my primary, should I give them a call? it has been since 07/31

anyone who received the 7/25 receipt of application get II or rejected yet?

anyone who received the 7/25 receipt of application get II or rejected yet?
Got the 7/25 e-mail, haven't heard anything yet. I'm OOS but went to undergrad in Indiana so hopefully they'll see that as significant time spent in state.

Got the 7/25 e-mail, haven't heard anything yet. I'm OOS but went to undergrad in Indiana so hopefully they'll see that as significant time spent in state.

Pretty sure that is a "Strong state tie" that they will look favorably on, although they do say that you aren't considered IS if you came to Indiana primarily for educational purposes. (Side note: Their instate classification system is rather strict and annoying).

Also, I got the primary received on 7/25 as well and haven't heard anything back yet!

So I got an email today with my formal interview date and time. 9/6 at south bend, although I selected Fort Wayne on the portal. The distance is basically the same for me though, so I'm happy

So I got an email today with my formal interview date and time. 9/6 at south bend, although I selected Fort Wayne on the portal. The distance is basically the same for me though, so I'm happy

I've had no email since the original II and I chose south bend lol

Rejected just now. Ouch!
I was rejected today too... My first rejection. :( Kinda sad since I have strong ties to the state. I was bummed that they didn't have a secondary app so that i could relay my state ties to the admissions committee.

My email just said choose fall or summer, not a year and obviously we would be starting in 2018. I don't think it was a mistake, I think they use that grad application for all of their graduate programs and none of the others apply this far in advance. I'll call tomorrow to ask if I should wait for a fix or just choose fall 2017.

Regarding dates, they will send you a date. I don't believe you get to choose. You just choose a campus.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What did you end up choosing for this?

They told me to choose Fall 2017 and they are aware of the issue and will fix it on their end.

Thank you. That's what I chose as well, just wanted to see what they officially said! Appreciate your help. Goodluck with everything!

So I got the link to do their "secondary." On it, they said that I need to send them letters and to have testing agency (AMCAS) send scores. As I put the scores and letters to go with the primary, these should have been sent already to them, right? Any clarification would be great =)

So I got the link to do their "secondary." On it, they said that I need to send them letters and to have testing agency (AMCAS) send scores. As I put the scores and letters to go with the primary, these should have been sent already to them, right? Any clarification would be great =)
Just follow the instructions in the email. Some of the fields don't require responses. You don't add test scores, for example.

II this morning, OOS as well. Kind of a shocker considering I have no ties to the school or Indiana. Very excited nonetheless! I received their primary receipt notification e-mail back in July 10 if it helps.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone who has preferenced indy as their interview location heard anything about a date yet? I have not heard anything since the initial II but I do have checkmarks next to all of my documents on the portal so I guess that's good

Anyone who has preferenced indy as their interview location heard anything about a date yet? I have not heard anything since the initial II but I do have checkmarks next to all of my documents on the portal so I guess that's good
I have not heard back yet either.