2017-2018 Indiana University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
howwww do you schedule the interview? I've selected a city, and it's grayed out now, but it won't give me any dates to choose from? Do I need to do the whole application first?
I believe that after you fill out the graduate application, pay the fee, and select the city they will let you know

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
howwww do you schedule the interview? I've selected a city, and it's grayed out now, but it won't give me any dates to choose from? Do I need to do the whole application first?
They will send you a date and time. You don't choose. It could take weeks before they let you know when it will be.

Also does anyone know who you take the dean's evaluation form to? I know the legal disclosure you do by yourself but where do you take the other form?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also does anyone know who you take the dean's evaluation form to? I know the legal disclosure you do by yourself but where do you take the other form?

I called my undergrad university and they said to complete the first portion and then scan it to them and then they will mail it to IU.

I brought mine in today to the dean of students office at my school and they knew exactly what to do. I just filled out the top and left it, they're going to mail it.

Are we actually supposed to fill out the school and recent employment section? The email says not to upload any additional materials unless they are about criminal activity so I'm not sure....

There's a separate section toward the end of the app that specifically asks for uploading additional docs. That's the part they meant don't upload extra stuff for, unless it's criminal/ disciplinary.

For the school/ employer, I filled those sections out.

There's a separate section toward the end of the app that specifically asks for uploading additional docs. That's the part they meant don't upload extra stuff for, unless it's criminal/ disciplinary.

For the school/ employer, I filled those sections out.

Ok thanks I found what they were referring to!

For the science letter, would a PI who graded you for research credit count? The grade appears on my transcript.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an e-mail stating this:

"You received an interview invitation today for September 6th, 2017 that stated two dates.

Please rest assure the interview is taking place on September 6th, 2017."

I never received an e-mail prior to this, nor has my portal changed to reflect my assigned date, so I'm not sure if this is legit or not? Like maybe I received this on accident?

"You received an interview invitation today for September 6th, 2017 that stated two dates.

I never received an e-mail prior to this, nor has my portal changed to reflect my assigned date, so I'm not sure if this is legit or not? Like maybe I received this on accident?
Exact same thing just happened to me. I was just about to ask about it.

+2. I did get an II a few days ago, but no mention of the date until now.

MintChocolateChip and quads_expert, I called the phone number on the e-mail and apparently it's legit and that should be our date! Hopefully we'll get the other e-mail soon or the portal will have our campus assignment and time of the interview?

MintChocolateChip and quads_expert, I called the phone number on the e-mail and apparently it's legit and that should be our date! Hopefully we'll get the other e-mail soon or the portal will have our campus assignment and time of the interview?
Wow, thanks! I hope the portal updates soon. I selected Fort Wayne, how about you both?

Wow, thanks! I hope the portal updates soon. I selected Fort Wayne, how about you both?

I selected Northwest, it's the closest to my house and with the ambiguity of the date I didn't want to be too risky and assume I could be in Indianapolis when they scheduled me! Although I really would have liked to visit the Indy campus

I selected Northwest, it's the closest to my house and with the ambiguity of the date I didn't want to be too risky and assume I could be in Indianapolis when they scheduled me! Although I really would have liked to visit the Indy campus
Same, Indy campus would've been ideal, but it's much further away for me than Fort Wayne and I had no idea what date it would be

Same, Indy campus would've been ideal, but it's much further away for me than Fort Wayne and I had no idea what date it would be

So basically the same reason as me haha! Well good luck! I hope we all have similar positive experiences, it'll be interesting to see how the interview day differs across the campuses

I emailed and asked. Because I got it too. They said
"It looks like you have selected one of our amazing campuses to interview at, they will be in contact with you shortly with your interview invitation.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or need anything throughout the process."

Reactions: 1 users

I had received an initial email for 9/6 interview date but also had 9/9 in the message text. I'm sure you'll get the informational email soon! Congrats!!

Does this school send a secondary email? Or a complete email? I added the school last week but haven't heard anything

Does this school send a secondary email? Or a complete email? I added the school last week but haven't heard anything
they sent an email saying, "
Indiana University School of Medicine Office of Admissions has received your AMCAS application. The Admissions Office will notify you of our decision via email once your application has been reviewed. We encourage you to check your email frequently.

Thank you for considering IUSM for your medical education.

With many thanks,

Indiana University School of Medicine
Office of Admissions"

And then an II or rejection email a few weeks later

I added them last week as well and never got any sort of confirmation either

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

That's one way to get things done :laugh:

I figured that would be the status of my application anyways considering I haven't gotten an email from them yet....but I had to try lol couldn't help myself :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Just got rejected. Have never set foot in the state so I am not that surprised.

Also in the boat of rejections, OOS. Didn't particularly want to go there but still...

Has anyone who got an II not gotten this interview date email? Turned in the grad app and selected location on Monday

Did anyone who got the 9/6 email get any actual confirmation of the location and time?

For the people that have gotten II, how long ago did you submit you application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk