2018-2019 Indiana University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1
Is anyone informed on whether new students are being accepted or only waitlisted? I interviewed 2/13 and I believe it went really well.. Although I haven’t been notified of any changes.

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone informed on whether new students are being accepted or only waitlisted? I interviewed 2/13 and I believe it went really well.. Although I haven’t been notified of any changes.
+2 I am in the exact same boat...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted! Interviewed 2/13. Has anyone that interviewed on 2/13 been accepted yet?

Also WL today and interviewed 11/7 -- this seems to be a recurring theme theme today

Members don't see this ad :)
Have not received anything yet... Not sure if thats good or bad (interviewed 2/13)

Reactions: 1 users
11/7 interview - WL today as well. Best of luck to everyone

Does anyone know if we have to mail in the waitlist form or can we just fax it back to the admissions email?

Waitlisted today as well interviewed 1/23.
Does anyone know how, many people come off the waitlist on average?
Do,they just wait list hundreds of people?

I haven't received anything. Interview was early Nov. I will take this as an R since I didn't receive an email and i still say under consideration.

Unfortunately those of us who haven’t been waitlisted will most likely be receiving a rejection email within the coming weeks

Does anyone know if we have to mail in the waitlist form or can we just fax it back to the admissions email?

I’m sure they’d answer that Q if you called admissions office. But I just snail mailed mine because IUSM seems to prefer that. Same with updates

Yay! No lie, was waiting for you to chime in lol
lmao we made it yall <3 the waiting game continues. Really wish that email hadn't started with "Congratulations!" though. whatta tease

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
WL as well!!! wonder what the waitlist movement (if any) is like for IU. Also curious if WL students get any campus preference?

It says in email that WLs will get placed at regional campus when spots open up. So I assume no choice in placement.

A friend got in from the waitlist in August last year and said they reached out by calling. They got the specific spot of the person who dropped, so I assume any of us who get picked up will just replace whoever drops their acceptance at their assigned campus.

Waitlisted OOS. There’s no data of how many waitlisted applicants are accepted on MSAR but with such a big class at IU im guessing quite a few spots will open up in the coming weeks.

Waitlisted OOS. There’s no data of how many waitlisted applicants are accepted on MSAR but with such a big class at IU im guessing quite a few spots will open up in the coming weeks.

Awhile ago another user said that the admissions committee places 100 people on the waitlist and that around half of them were offered seats in the last matriculating class.

Historically, IU only ever sends one wave of waitlists, correct? If we havent been wait-listed by this point then its a rejection?

Historically, IU only ever sends one wave of waitlists, correct? If we havent been wait-listed by this point then its a rejection?

I’m staying hopeful this isn’t the case. I called today to follow up and informed them that if waitlists were sent out last week to many who interview from October - Feb, and campus placement has already been processed for accepted students, then is it safe to say at this point that being “under consideration,” is basically a prolonged R?

The admissions rep informed me that in all honesty things have been moving really slow this cycle with AdCom and essentially still being “under consideration,” again, means they haven’t reviewed me or made a decision on me yet. I’m staying hopeful this no news is still good news, but I don’t see why they would give us in this position an acceptance before WL troops. I would just like to know already so I can address any weaknesses before the cycle starts again.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received their Health and Immunization form yet? Also regarding the BLS requirement: is this just AED/CPR?

Hey all, so I have a question. I just got my first choice campus assignment (Indy), but I have cold feet now and I kind of want my second choice (Fort Wayne), is there a second chance lottery?

Okay, so I just got my placement assignment for my first choice (Indy), but I think I might want my second choice (Fort Wayne), does anyone know if there's a second chance lottery anymore? I saw one on previous years, but I didn't see any mention of it in the placement email or on the website. Thanks everyone!

The lottery is confusing to me as I thought most students ended up within their top 2...I was placed at my 4th choice

Okay, so I just got my placement assignment for my first choice (Indy), but I think I might want my second choice (Fort Wayne), does anyone know if there's a second chance lottery anymore? I saw one on previous years, but I didn't see any mention of it in the placement email or on the website. Thanks everyone!
Hey I got placed at Fort Wayne but want to go to Indy. I'd totally switch with you if admissions allowed it!

The thing the most people want is Indy. If you’ve got Indy and prefer regional campus, it shouldn’t be any problem or imposition at all to ask for the regional campus you want.

Does anybody know when the commit to enroll deadline is?