2021-2022 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got an email today from IUSM titled "Prepare for your first day of medical school by completing your Class of 2026 RoadMAP". Did anyone else that withdrew pre-decision get this too?

What does it mean? Computer error?

Members don't see this ad.

OMG DID ANYBODY ELSE GET AN EMAIL TO COMPLETE THE ACADEMIC LEGAL WHATEVER DISCLOSURE?!!?!? Cause I GOT AN EMAIL and I checked on PORTAL AND IVE BEEN ACCEPTED?!?!?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is this a mistake????? My portal tells me I've been accepted but I didn't get any email or mail?

I'm sorry I'm sorry. I shouldn't have posted as I know many others are still waiting for something. I'm so sorry

I'm sorry I'm sorry. I shouldn't have posted as I know many others are still waiting for something. I'm so sorry
Nope, a huge congratulations to you! I’m sure as seats are filling up and becoming more finalized we could expect less “waves” coming off the WL and more individual acceptances like that as seats become available. happy for you!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Nope, a huge congratulations to you! I’m sure as seats are filling up and becoming more finalized we could expect less “waves” coming off the WL and more individual acceptances like that as seats become available. happy for you!!
Thank you so much! It really means a lot 🥰

is there a current IUSOM student that I can speak with? Preferably maybe someone placed in NW Gary campus? If not, no problem! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
IUSM is tone deaf as f***. Just got an email that's a "status update". Garbage.

Reactions: 2 users
Man they scared me! Lol was it an email that said “alternate candidate general info”? Did everyone just get that email?

Reactions: 3 users
IUSM is tone deaf as f***. Just got an email that's a "status update". Garbage.
Absolutely agreed. Email was not necessary. If needed, literally word the subject something else.. like "reminders about WL"

"Dear Alternate" is my fav part about that email though.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anybody know if the form that we have to mail back indicating if we wish to matriculate is non binding? Im pretty sure it's not since the CTE tool is the binding option but any second opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Does anybody know if the form that we have to mail back indicating if we wish to matriculate is non binding? Im pretty sure it's not since the CTE tool is the binding option but any second opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
It is not binding from what people earlier in the thread said but I would probably email them just to make sure

• Care
It is not binding from what people earlier in the thread said but I would probably email them just to make sure
Yeah, it is not binding.

• Love
IS. Im kinda shocked by the amount of OOS people getting off the WL, but then again, this WL is unranked.

Oh really? How are they different?
Not sure if this has been confirmed for this school specifically so I cant say this is the case for certain

If an OOS person declines an acceptance they accept an OOS applicant and vice versa and only 20% of the class is OOS last time I checked MSAR. But that’s why there seems to be so much OOS movement because as people get into their state schools they drop their acceptance at IU since it’s so much more expensive. I could be completely wrong since but I do know there are other state schools that work similarly in the whole “having separate waitlists” and I’ve seen this said thing said on other state school specific threads.

Not sure if this has been confirmed for this school specifically so I cant say this is the case for certain

If an OOS person declines an acceptance they accept an OOS applicant and vice versa and only 20% of the class is OOS last time I checked MSAR. But that’s why there seems to be so much OOS movement because as people get into their state schools they drop their acceptance at IU since it’s so much more expensive. I could be completely wrong since but I do know there are other state schools that work similarly in the whole “having separate waitlists” and I’ve seen this said thing said on other state school specific threads.
This is almost certainly true. I know that IU will take the person off the waitlist that is most similar the person who rejected their offer. I see no reason why they wouldn't use IS/OOS as one of those metrics.

Honestly, unranked WL's are the worst. It makes the process even less objective than it already is lol

but there doesnt seem to be any movement this month?? was there?

This is almost certainly true. I know that IU will take the person off the waitlist that is most similar the person who rejected their offer. I see no reason why they wouldn't use IS/OOS as one of those metrics.

Honestly, unranked WL's are the worst. It makes the process even less objective than it already is lol
By similar do you also mean ethnicity?

but there doesnt seem to be any movement this month?? was there?
There was one person that reported getting an acceptance on the 8th but I'm not sure if that was a big wave or more of an individual acceptance. I'm hoping there's more movement this month too

By similar do you also mean ethnicity?
Maybe but not necessarily, I know of at least one school with an unranked waitlist that does it based off extracurriculars. So if someone who had a very service oriented application drops their acceptance then they replace it with someone with similar background. Or if someone who had a research heavy application drops their acceptance then they replace with someone who has a research focused application.

Not sure if IU does that but it’s a possibility

There was one person that reported getting an acceptance on the 8th but I'm not sure if that was a big wave or more of an individual acceptance. I'm hoping there's more movement this month too
If ur talking about me, I didn't even get an acceptance email. Just an email telling me I have to fill out a legal disclosure form 😂😂

I was told that they do it in waves via mail first and then will start to use phone calls when it gets closer to the first week. They also said that they will be doing physical mail again next year, so if any of you are in this god-forsaken process yet again, be ready for that lol

FYI - Indiana sent out an email that they may rescind acceptances for anyone who doesn’t commit to enroll by end of business day of 6/17. So some spots may be opening up soon for those on the wait list.

I’ve been debating between Indiana and another school I’ve been accepted to, so my spot may be opening up soon - haha.

• Dislike
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
FYI - Indiana sent out an email that they may rescind acceptances for anyone who doesn’t commit to enroll by end of business day of 6/17. So some spots may be opening up soon for those on the wait list.

I’ve been debating between Indiana and another school I’ve been accepted to, so my spot may be opening up soon - haha.
Can we ask if you’re IS or OOS? I’ve been dragging my feet fully committing to the School I got accepted to that’s out of state (Indiana resident). Today was my last day before I started to look at living and such until I read this 😅

I thought the CTE deadline was July 10th but not sure?

Could this mean that there aren’t many open alternate seats right now?

If you have multiple acceptances and your financial aid packages are in (which they definitely should be by now), please pick a school. IDC if it's Indiana and it takes a spot from someone on this alternate list--if you are waiting this long on multiple A's, you're screwing people on both lists.

Reactions: 2 users
Can we ask if you’re IS or OOS? I’ve been dragging my feet fully committing to the School I got accepted to that’s out of state (Indiana resident). Today was my last day before I started to look at living and such until I read this 😅
OOS. The cost of living is pretty similar for me for the two schools I was deciding between. I’m realizing how many housing scams there are online though!

I thought the CTE deadline was July 10th but not sure?
It is but Indiana put out emails this week that they were requiring the CTE by today or they would drop the acceptance. I get it but I was waiting on my financial aid package from the other school and trying to decide between Indiana and another school. I already withdrew my As from two schools a couple months ago.

Ultimately I withdrew my A for the Urban Medicine program in Gary today. Obv I have no idea how many others were dropped today or withdrew because of their CTE deadline, but I’m hopeful for all of you on the WL to get in if you’re still waiting! Indiana seems like a great program! Best of luck future docs

Reactions: 3 users
OOS. The cost of living is pretty similar for me for the two schools I was deciding between. I’m realizing how many housing scams there are online though!

It is but Indiana put out emails this week that they were requiring the CTE by today or they would drop the acceptance. I get it but I was waiting on my financial aid package from the other school and trying to decide between Indiana and another school. I already withdrew my As from two schools a couple months ago.

Ultimately I withdrew my A for the Urban Medicine program in Gary today. Obv I have no idea how many others were dropped today or withdrew because of their CTE deadline, but I’m hopeful for all of you on the WL to get in if you’re still waiting! Indiana seems like a great program! Best of luck future docs
I did not get this email though and I hold an acceptance?

• Dislike