2020-2021 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Another 15th, another silence. Still hoping for the best tho 🤞🏾🤞🏾

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Didn’t even apply here just tired of staring at my schools forum every 10 minutes, so what’s the tea?

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Edit: In a previous year (2017-2018 thread), the WL notification was delivered on April 18th. If that helps

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
But yeah I’m not gonna think negatively

Well while we’re are waiting:) anyone care to share how many WL there on currently so I don’t feel bad about being on 3

Well while we’re are waiting:) anyone care to share how many WL there on currently so I don’t feel bad about being on 3
I interviewed at 4 schools. Accepted to 2, waitlisted at 1, and waiting on IU (my top choice) 😅 Both IU and my other waitlist school are at the top of my list so I just really want to know their decisions lol

I interviewed at 4 schools. Accepted to 2, waitlisted at 1, and waiting on IU (my top choice) 😅 Both IU and my other waitlist school are at the top of my list so I just really want to know their decisions lol
IM wondering if maybe since today is the day that applicants drop mult acceptance down to 3 and maybe they want to finalize the number of students tonight and send notification tomorrow

Members don't see this ad :)
IM wondering if maybe since today is the day that applicants drop mult acceptance down to 3 and maybe they want to finalize the number of students tonight and send notification tomorrow
That makes sense. I feel like if they sent anything out today, we would have heard SOMETHING from someone, right?

That makes sense. I feel like if they sent anything out today, we would have heard SOMETHING from someone, right?
exactly. It may even be better for US. Last time I checked 450 acceptance were sent so hopefully 100 dropn today lmaooooo and then 100 more on April 30th hahhahahahaahha

That’s a good point. Im completely fine with waiting. I’ve basically been waitlisted since November so what’s another couple of days/weeks 😂

Does anyone know if there’s a point in the day that after which we definitely won’t hear back? Like after 5 PM maybe?

I applied to 3 schools and 2 were kind of reaches and the other was IU. I planned on retaking the MCAT and just applying this upcoming year, but thought, why not just see what happens this year? Applied, got an II from IU, didn’t study for the MCAT because I saw so many IS that interviewed got accepted, and now I’m stuck on just waiting to hear back from IU this year and will have to apply with the same average stats again next year since I didn’t retake the MCAT like I should have lol

Does anyone know if there’s a point in the day that after which we definitely won’t hear back? Like after 5 PM maybe?
I don't know for sure, but I do know they use the Indianapolis office to send everything out, so it's eastern time. I would think they would have sent emails by now if they were going to today since it's past 6:00.

that what i would think. its already pass 5pm for central time and EST since some parts of indy vary in time zone

I had 6 interviews. I'm on 3 WL, 1 post II rejection, waiting on decisions from IU and one more school.

I applied to 3 schools and 2 were kind of reaches and the other was IU. I planned on retaking the MCAT and just applying this upcoming year, but thought, why not just see what happens this year? Applied, got an II from IU, didn’t study for the MCAT because I saw so many IS that interviewed got accepted, and now I’m stuck on just waiting to hear back from IU this year and will have to apply with the same average stats again next year since I didn’t retake the MCAT like I should have lol
Fingers crossed that we are classmate in august

• Care
gg, Indiana. Chalk up another 15th of the month 😘 See y'all tomorrow (maybe)
gif.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
So is the consensus that IU just didn't send anything out yesterday, or are we all destined to be rejected next month?

So is the consensus that IU just didn't send anything out yesterday, or are we all destined to be rejected next month?
Not that it means too much, but I know of someone not on SDN that also did not hear anything.

Reactions: 3 users
I was told last month by someone on adcom that they’d send something on the 15th/16th but lord knows they could change their minds

I was told last month by someone on adcom that they’d send something on the 15th/16th but lord knows they could change their minds
Im giving them until the 19th to say something

But yes definitely it is that IU didn't send anything out yesterday,

Is there a realistic chance that IU sends something out today (if they haven't already)

Is there a realistic chance that IU sends something out today (if they haven't already)

I'm still holding out hope we get an update today, but at this point it would make more sense for them to just wait until May 1st and send out acceptances after people have withdrawn their A on the 30th.

I understand everyone might be feeling anxious about hearing back. I know I am. Just try to forget about it completely. Worrying about it won’t make the decision come faster. Go do something that can distract you so that you aren’t worrying too much 😊

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Campus placements released when ?
I emailed the office of admissions last week and was told that campus placements last year were released the first week of May and that the IUSOM website currently reflects that.

Essentially no guarantee you'll know your campus before the 4/30 deadline.

Just curious if anyone here has called the admissions office?

I'm so done with this school. There is no reason for radio silence 2+ months after an interview this late in the cycle. I know they have made a decision already, just hurry up and give it to me so I can get on with my life :'( .

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Just withdrew my acceptance, good luck everyone!!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I'm so done with this school. There is no reason for radio silence 2+ months after an interview this late in the cycle. I know they have made a decision already, just hurry up and give it to me so I can get on with my life :'( .
I interviewed back in November... I wish they would have just told me I was waitlisted. They knew after the interview whether or not they were still interested in me or had no desire to accepted me into their program. A rejection or waitlist would have been so much more appreciated than silence.

Reactions: 5 users
Just to confirm no on has received a WL notification from IU at all in April? Also no WL notifications before April ?

Reactions: 6 users
Maybe they can’t create a waitlist at this time because they over accepted too much. I know most schools accept over all the time but IU accepted 450 for 365 spots as of March. They would def need 100 ppl to withdraw to even have a small WL. Which clearly hasn’t happened in such a short time

Maybe they can’t create a waitlist at this time because they over accepted too much. I know most schools accept over all the time but IU accepted 450 for 365 spots as of March. They would def need 100 ppl to withdraw to even have a small WL. Which clearly hasn’t happened in such a short time
I don’t know anything about the numbers, but accepting 85 spots more than they have doesn’t seem like that much considering a lot of people apply to 20+ schools

I just looked up the numbers, and I wasn’t able to find last year’s numbers, but a couple years ago, IU accepted 574 people total. That means if the same percentage of people accept their acceptances there, they would accept over 100 more people. With covid and people doing virtual interviews, I assume more people applied to more places, so I would guess they would have a lower percentage of people accept their acceptances, so they would send out more acceptances. Obviously everything after the numbers is speculation, but that’s what I think.

I just looked up the numbers, and I wasn’t able to find last year’s numbers, but a couple years ago, IU accepted 574 people total. That means if the same percentage of people accept their acceptances there, they would accept over 100 more people. With covid and people doing virtual interviews, I assume more people applied to more places, so I would guess they would have a lower percentage of people accept their acceptances, so they would send out more acceptances. Obviously everything after the numbers is speculation, but that’s what I think.
So what was the WL movement like that year? And was this before or after AAMC traffic rules were implemented.

So what was the WL movement like that year? And was this before or after AAMC traffic rules were implemented.
The data I looked at didn’t have specific numbers on the WL, but is it safe to assume that they’ll accept around the same amount of people for the whole cycle? I actually don’t know and am generally curious about that question. I don’t know what the AAMC traffic rules are, so I don’t know about that question either.

The data I looked at didn’t have specific numbers on the WL, but is it safe to assume that they’ll accept around the same amount of people for the whole cycle? I actually don’t know and am generally curious about that question. I don’t know what the AAMC traffic rules are, so I don’t know about that question either.
The Traffic Rules started in 2018 as a way to avoid having applicants hold multiple As at end of cycle. So on april 15th, Lower your As to 3. On April 30th, lower to 1. If that data was pre2018 it may be pretty hard to go off since these rules weren’t in place .

If any currently accepted student knows how many As are confirmed please keep us updated