2017-2018 Indiana University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was verified by AMCAS August 17th and still haven't recieved an email they got my application, is this normal or abnormal?

I need to submit documentation to IU because I received IA my freshman year (underage drinking ticket that resulted in disciplinary probation for 1 year, but I talked about how/what I learned from it.) Am I screwed out of an acceptance here?

Members don't see this ad :)
II today; OOS, though my entire extended fam lives in indiana. app received 8/2

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
II today. OOS with no connections to IN.

Reactions: 1 user
Did you receive an email or in the portal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interview date for Indianapolis received today!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today, complete 7/28, LizzyM 69. I'm OOS with no state ties, but I live about 2 hours away from Indianapolis.

Does this school do silent rejections?

Put South Bend as preferred campus, but received my interview date and location today for Oct. 4th at the Northwest campus

So I accidentally selected one city as preferred location thinking I could change it before submitting. Looks like it is now locked. Did this happen to anyone and do you know if a quick phone call can get me the preferred? Looks like it may not matter as they are giving some interview dates/locations to different campuses then the preferred one.

Rejected today. Received the receipt notification on 7/25. OOS but went to undergrad in South Bend. No other ties to the state except that my sister got her PhD from IU. It's kind of odd they don't ask for state ties prior to reviewing your application.:shrug:

Good luck to everyone still in the running!

1) When did you get the invitation email?
2) Is Indy your first choice?
Thanks!

I go the II on 8/15. Indy is my first choice, but I am going to take tours of the Evansville and Bloomington campuses on my way up to the interview.

got an II and paid the graduate application fee but i'm not sure what to do about my letters - it says they dont have them even though they were submitted through amcas. is that normal?

got an II and paid the graduate application fee but i'm not sure what to do about my letters - it says they dont have them even though they were submitted through amcas. is that normal?
they will show up. patience

Does anyone know the interview to acceptance ratio?

Does anybody know if being from a surrounding state helps being OOS? No actual ties besides traveling there from time to time.

Does the school do silent rejections? I got the email that they received my app on 7/10 but wasn't complete until ~7/31 (Late LOR). I still haven't heard anything back yet and with people getting both IIs and rejections I was wondering if it would be a good idea to email admissions?

So I'm trying to get the 3x5 photo that we have to bring printed for my interview. Does anyone else have the same problem of not being able to find a place that prints this size? I'm seeing 4x6 minimum size everywhere.

So I'm trying to get the 3x5 photo that we have to bring printed for my interview. Does anyone else have the same problem of not being able to find a place that prints this size? I'm seeing 4x6 minimum size everywhere.
I'm interviewing tomorrow too and I just printed a 4x6 at walgreens and cut it down a bit!

Good luck to everyone with interviews tomorrow! I feel like I'm barely less nervous than the night before my MCAT.

Reactions: 3 users
Does the school do silent rejections? I got the email that they received my app on 7/10 but wasn't complete until ~7/31 (Late LOR). I still haven't heard anything back yet and with people getting both IIs and rejections I was wondering if it would be a good idea to email admissions?

I don't think you need LOR's to be complete? On their website it says they will contact you for LOR's once you have been invited to an interview after screening and receipt of your primary.

First rejection just now! Feels bad but I was expecting it. Worth a shot in the dark for $39 though!

what are some fun things to do or to check out in Indianapolis?

Rejected, OOS neighbor state. Didnt have much hope here anyway. Good luck everyone else.

My interview was scheduled today for October 11th(I got the email), but my application portal still says they haven't received my forms. Plus I have to get a non-science LOR. Is this normal? I thought everything needed to be in place before I interviewed.

My interview was scheduled today for October 11th(I got the email), but my application portal still says they haven't received my forms. Plus I have to get a non-science LOR. Is this normal? I thought everything needed to be in place before I interviewed.
They accept an additional science professor letter in place of the non-science! Also, I had the yellow check-marks for a bit as well but once they received the forms I mailed in they went ahead and check-marked everything else off.