2017-2018 Geisel School of Medicine (Dartmouth)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if they want updates?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they want updates?
From the website:

We welcome email updates at [email protected]. You may also attach a PDF or document, but please be aware that our admissions committee will not be able to read anything too lengthy. For research papers, please send links only.

Reactions: 1 user
I Just noticed a minor grammatical error in my submission and so I naturally consulted my inner optimist to calm my neuroses.
Inner optimist: "Don't worry, you never had a chance to begin with."
Hahaha. Your inner optimist is brutal.
I Just noticed a minor grammatical error in my submission and so I naturally consulted my inner optimist to calm my neuroses.
Inner optimist: "Don't worry, you never had a chance to begin with."
Hahahaha! Your inner optimist is brutal

For Dartmouth, do you also have to fill out an MD-PhD Statement of Interest Form, when do you do that?

For Dartmouth, do you also have to fill out an MD-PhD Statement of Interest Form, when do you do that?
I filled mine out after I submitted the secondary. Then you just download it and email it to the admissions office.

First round of IIs went out on the second wednesday in august last year, time to buckle up.

Reactions: 4 users
I filled mine out after I submitted the secondary. Then you just download it and email it to the admissions office.
Thanks. I did not get my secondary yet. I assume you access that form when you have access to the secondary, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. I did not get my secondary yet. I assume you access that form when you have access to the secondary, right?
That's correct. They're just looking for the graduate programs you want to apply to and a list of 8-12 faculty members from those departments that interest you.

Lol I just watched the pickle episode of Rick and Morty today. So funny!

How do you know they're a week behind?
He is saying this because AMCAS opened 1 week later in June than it did last year

Actually, AMCAS opened a week later last year on June 7th. This year was June 1st.
They are referring to the fact that applications were transmitted from AMCAS to medical schools one week later this year than they were last year. Something like June 24th in 2016 vs. June 30th in 2017.

They are referring to the fact that applications were transmitted from AMCAS to medical schools one week later this year than they were last year. Something like June 24th in 2016 vs. June 30th in 2017.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Lol I just watched the pickle episode of Rick and Morty today. So funny!

How do you know they're a week behind?
Great episode haha I'm pickle rick!! But yeah I was talking about transmission to school. Amcas actually opened earlier this year

I just got an email from the office of inclusion congratulating me on my interview invitation except I never got an interview invite and nothing on my status indicates I have an interview.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an email from the office of inclusion congratulating me on my interview invitation except I never got an interview invite and nothing on my status indicates I have an interview.

Congratulations for your maybe-interview!

Reactions: 1 users
II here as well. Complete 7/7

Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone get a confirmation email after scheduling II with the admissions assistant?

I received the confirmation e-mail today at about 10AM. Sent the request for my interview date on Thursday evening so it was a little less than 48 business hours as specified in the e-mail.

Same here. Got the confirmation email today after requesting a date on Thursday. Though it seems like they don't have any student hosts listed right now.

For those with II, what are you planning on doing for housing? There are no student hosts on the page so far, so I'm debating if I should wait a bit to see if any names pop up, or if waiting will just be a lost cause.

For those with II, what are you planning on doing for housing? There are no student hosts on the page so far, so I'm debating if I should wait a bit to see if any names pop up, or if waiting will just be a lost cause.
Yeah I'm not sure either. I might just spring for a hotel even though it's pricey. I'm flying from the other side of the country so getting a good night's sleep would probably be worth it to me.

II a couple of hours ago. OOS, non-trad, LM ~70. Complete mid-July.

Reactions: 4 users
II last night, LM ~75, in-state (although I don't think it helps much here), complete 7/5! Dates I was offered were in early Sept.

Reactions: 2 users