2017-2018 Geisel School of Medicine (Dartmouth)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
was accepted at 12:33 PDT today! I'm still in shock. LM 69ish. everyone has been so encouraging you dudes rock

Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)
was accepted at 12:33 PDT today! I'm still in shock. LM 69ish. everyone has been so encouraging you dudes rock

Congratulations!!! You’re the one person who I really wanted to get accepted this year. I’ve been on waitlists as well and stalking SDN. The wait is really hard - especially with as great an application as yours. Reading about your success definitely made my night. Don’t forget to celebrate and do a bit of self-care after the psychological torture that is being on waitlists for months. Hats off to you!

Reactions: 3 users
Congratulations!!! You’re the one person who I really wanted to get accepted this year. I’ve been on waitlists as well and stalking SDN. The wait is really hard - especially with as great an application as yours. Reading about your success definitely made my night. Don’t forget to celebrate and do a bit of self-care after the psychological torture that is being on waitlists for months. Hats off to you!
Thanks so much it’s definitely been torture. It’s made a world of difference having people cheering for me thus cycle and I cannot thank you enough for it! I’ll be working on that self care as well I definitely need it!

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks so much it’s definitely been torture. It’s made a world of difference having people cheering for me thus cycle and I cannot thank you enough for it! I’ll be working on that self care as well I definitely need it!
Congrats!!

Reactions: 1 user

Congrats SCN1a!!! Have been secretly rooting for you this entire cycle!

Reactions: 1 users
Got the email that they're not accepting anyone else off WatitList. That ends my chances of starting this Fall... Definitely disappointed and dreading that I have to reapply

Yup, got the waitlist release email as well. Can’t help myself from wishing the rejection had come back in April. Best of luck to everyone reapplying. Wishing you a stronger application, lots of acceptances and financial aid/scholarships in your future.

Members don't see this ad :)
That’s weird I never got the email. I wonder if maybe it was only to those who don’t have an acceptance elsewhere? Perhaps for peace of mind.

Reactions: 3 users
4. Is there anyone in your immediate family who is a graduate of Dartmouth? (Note: You do not need to list yourself if you are a Dartmouth College graduate.) Please list below with class, relationship, and school affiliation (i.e., Dartmouth College, Geisel School, Thayer School, Tuck School).

-For this prompt, if I have an uncle who completed his fellowship at Dartmouth (Geisel) and is currently one of the head cardiologists there; can I include this here? Would it be helpful in your opinion? @Catalystik @Goro

Last edited:
4. Is there anyone in your immediate family who is a graduate of Dartmouth? (Note: You do not need to list yourself if you are a Dartmouth College graduate.) Please list below with class, relationship, and school affiliation (i.e., Dartmouth College, Geisel School, Thayer School, Tuck School).

-For this prompt, if I have an uncle who completed his fellowship at Dartmouth (Geisel) and is currently one of the head cardiologists there; can I include this here? Would it be helpful in your opinion? @Catalystik @Goro

wrong year lmao; i was wondering why i got this notification :p

you want 2018-2019 probably 2018-2019 Dartmouth Geisel School of Medicine

Reactions: 1 user

What part of the bolded text is unclear?

Not trying to be salty, but what was your CARS score?

Let's try this again:
Is there anyone in your immediate family who is a graduate of Dartmouth?
It was a 129, not too high unfortunately.

I truly apologize if im coming off as stupid. In their description they do include this: Please list below with class, relationship, and school affiliation (i.e., Dartmouth College, Geisel School, Thayer School, Tuck School).

So, if he finished his fellowship at Geisel doesn't that count?

It was a 129, not too high unfortunately.

I truly apologize if im coming off as stupid. In their description they do include this: Please list below with class, relationship, and school affiliation (i.e., Dartmouth College, Geisel School, Thayer School, Tuck School).

So, if he finished his fellowship at Geisel doesn't that count?
I don't perceive doing a fellowship as the same as graduating a college or med school. Others may disagree. @gyngyn? @gonnif?

What was yours?
Got a 790 on the Verbal portion of GRE...something like top 5th-10th %ile. Ditto for Analytical/Reasoning, which was a brand new category at the time. Their questions were always like "five men are standing in a line. Two are wearing green hats. Three are wearing red shoes. How many have blue socks?"