2017-2018 Emory University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wish they'd send mine! I even checked the portal and it says that my application is ready! Pretty sure it's ready for some bon fire tonight.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Oh, yay, they sent it twice. Nothing like a kick to the stomach when you’re down.

:dead:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So sorry to hear that! Did it change in your portal or was it just an email?

No need to be sorry! I didn't check the portal it was just an email stating the interview season is over.

Reactions: 1 user
Here is the exact letter for those that are interested:

"
The Emory University School of Medicine has concluded the review of MD candidates applying for the entering class of 2018. I regret that the Admissions Committee is unable to offer you an interview.

This year, over 9,000 candidates applied for our first-year class. While we are pleased with the very high caliber of our applicant pool, the sheer volume of excellent candidates has made the decision process unusually challenging and has prevented us from interviewing all qualified applicants.

Thank you for your interest in Emory and for your patience during the past several months. I wish you the very best for the future.

Sincerely,

Ira K. Schwartz, MD
Associate Dean of Medical Education and Student Affairs
Director of Admissions
"

Reactions: 2 users
Womp womp. I guess I await my email then. Bye Emory! :*(

Just submitted an update yesterday which clearly didn't matter

Has everyone received this email?? I still haven’t gotten one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Has everyone received this email?? I still haven’t gotten one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t either. But it’s been radio silence since mid-July, so what’s another day or two? Lol

I just got the email. I guess it's going out in waves.

Rejected pre-II, LM 75. Good luck to all those still in the running!

Finally got the rejection email after 7 months of waiting. Congrats to you guys with acceptances, seems like a killer program!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my rejection email, too - bummer. But my application cycle is now officially OVER, so...! This was grueling!

Received the Rejection Email stating they are finished with offering interviews this season.

The last batch of acceptances should have been mailed recently right? Also when does an email go out to those accepted?

Last edited:
For the decisions being released on Monday, the portal will be updated on Tuesday for those accepted correct?
Correct. From previous posts it seems like the portal will be updated around noon on Tuesday

Correct. From previous posts it seems like the portal will be updated around noon on Tuesday

Thanks! However, if we are not accepted, the portal won't be updated and the waiting continues? We won't be notified of a WL or R on the portal?

Thanks! However, if we are not accepted, the portal won't be updated and the waiting continues? We won't be notified of a WL or R on the portal?
Website says that they tell waitlisted students by email. I would assume that would take at least a couple more days

From what I understand, WLs and Rs will come on March 30th

Reactions: 1 users
Guess I’m being rejected then

Attachments

• 879C64EA-EBB2-42BC-8716-1D4C8FBB7A20.jpeg
    879C64EA-EBB2-42BC-8716-1D4C8FBB7A20.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 170
I lost my yellow sheet from interview day but I'm pretty sure it said that all post-II Rs and WLs will go out March 30th
No specific notification date is mentioned. It just says - These notifications will go out No later than March 31, 2018.

Last edited:
Guess I’m being rejected then

Sometimes I see that with random sites and it works again if I go into incognito mode or different browser, have you tried that?

Sometimes I see that with random sites and it works again if I go into incognito mode or different browser, have you tried that?
Yea I think it was happening because I was using my phone

Not to cause widespread panic...but check your portals, mine is updated. And so happy to say I’m ACCEPTED!!!

OMG accepted!!!! So shocked. Barely slipped in to their second to the last interview date due to a cancellation. Life is absolutely insane!!! Idk why they picked me but I'm so honored.

Reactions: 8 users
OMG accepted!!!! So shocked. Barely slipped in to their second to the last interview date due to a cancellation. Life is absolutely insane!!! Idk why they picked me but I'm so honored.

Omg yes congrats!! Same here!!!! For the people in future cycles looking through this thread if you are called super last minute in February you have a very real chance of getting accepted! I had completely given up until I got invited to basically interview that same week in Feb. It’s true what they say, it’s not over until it’s over! :soexcited::soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted! So excited and still in shock!