2017-2018 Emory University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if Emory accepts updates? I haven't heard anything since applying

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if Emory accepts updates? I haven't heard anything since applying
Yep! If you go to "Status" there is a "update my application form" and you can type an update there. As far as I know you can't attach anything

haven't heard anything since applying either. I updated them several times using the applicant portal. No luck yet! Hoping to receive some hometown ATL love!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought the second financial aid email last night was twisting the knife but I just got an interview invite!! 4 dates left in February none in March, good luck to everybody, there’s still hope!

Reactions: 9 users
I thought the second financial aid email last night was twisting the knife but I just got an interview invite!! 4 dates left in February none in March, good luck to everybody, there’s still hope!
*Frantically checks email*

Nope, still just a twisting knife over here.

EDIT: Wait, you got an II after 8 pm?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!!! What dates did they give you to choose from?
It looks like they only offer interviews on Mondays and Fridays because the open dates were Feb 12th, 16th, 19th and 23rd

Members don't see this ad :)
Is a news article written about my recent 1st author pub a worthwhile update?

Is a news article written about my recent 1st author pub a worthwhile update?

I would say the first author publication is a worthwhile update, but I am not sure a news article about a publication you already mentioned on your application would be.

Reactions: 2 users
Interview invite today, around 2 pm!

Emory was from the start one of my top choices, and I had pretty much lost hope in getting the opportunity to interview, so I was SOOO excited to get this!

Complete late July/early August

Reactions: 13 users
Got the portal update... but no letter in the mail. Is it guaranteed admission if the offer shows up on the portal? My heart can't take this being torn away from me.
Congratulations! I'm sure they wouldn't update the portal unless it was guaranteed. You will probably get the letter in the mail soon. What day did you interview?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if there is a place to keep our luggage on interview day?

Interviewed in October and thought it went really well.. but I haven’t heard back. Any optimistic news about hearing back later in the cycle? :(

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed in October and thought it went really well.. but I haven’t heard back. Any optimistic news about hearing back later in the cycle? :(
I interviewed November 17, still nothing. But honestly shouldn't have even gotten an interview here, so not really expecting much.

TIL just how petty I am:

23rjkj.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
So I think it's time to say bye Felicia here since a quick google search just showed they extend interview invites til 1/31.

So I think it's time to say bye Felicia here since a quick google search just showed they extend interview invites til 1/31.
Only thing I can find is that a different degree program at Emory stops sending interviews on 1/31, can you link the page you found?

Only thing I can find is that a different degree program at Emory stops sending interviews on 1/31, can you link the page you found?
OK @bootsandspooky I stand corrected since I found this now:

After my application is complete, how long will it take before I find out if I am invited for an interview?

The Emory School of Medicine conducts interviews from September through February, and we begin extending interview invitations in August. Invitations to interview are extended right up until the end of the season in late February. The order in which applicants are interviewed is largely (although not entirely) based upon how early the application is completed, so it is always a good idea to complete your application as soon as possible.

However I am personally saying goodbye Felicia since I was complete in early July and don't think they are going to suddenly decide, after 7 months that NOW it is time to invite me for an interview.

To keep the optimism alive: I spoke with admissions recently and was told "interviews will continue to be sent out daily for the next few weeks"

ii on the 30th. 4 interview dates left, last date available is February 23rd. Would i be at a disadvantage/ could the class fill up if I interview then?

To keep the optimism alive: I spoke with admissions recently and was told "interviews will continue to be sent out daily for the next few weeks"

I feel like this is just setting me up for disappointment lol

Reactions: 6 users
ACCEPTED Wednesday via the portal and just got the letter confirmation in the mail today (I'm in California). Still over-the-moon with excitement! My first acceptance and to my dream school!

Also, there's still hope people. I interviewed 10.16 and after three rounds of silence I had all but given up on Emory. Stay positive!

ACCEPTED Wednesday via the portal and just got the letter confirmation in the mail today (I'm in California). Still over-the-moon with excitement! My first acceptance and to my dream school!

Also, there's still hope people. I interviewed 10.16 and after three rounds of silence I had all but given up on Emory. Stay positive!

Congratulations! (Also green with envy) Do you know how long each round of admissions is?

Reactions: 1 user
Finished 9/12, still nothing. I'm a Canadian applicant too - does that make it significantly harder? :(

Are II's still being sent out or is it basically just based off interview cancellations at this point?

Are II's still being sent out or is it basically just based off interview cancellations at this point?
I received my ii on January 30th, but i think they stopped invitations in January. The last interview day is february 26th or 28th, so I'm not sure they'd offer interviews so close to that date, unless as you said they have cancellations.

II yesterday, complete early October LM~ 60 . Best of luck to everyone still waiting, there is hope! <3

Last edited:
II today! Complete end of July. OOS and URM. LizzyM Score 66.

Congratulations! (Also green with envy) Do you know how long each round of admissions is?
Thanks for the congrats! I'm not sure what you mean exactly... I know that the adcom meets once a month on those dates they gave us during the interview and I believe they let in about 20 students each round, does that make sense? It's probably just one master list that they take the top 20 names each round once they score the new people who have interviewed.

Does anyone know if the interviews are open, closed, or partially closed l?

Your one on one interviewer only has your personal statement. The group interviewers don't know anything about you but get to look at your file briefly once the interview is over. If they have a question then they can call you back in, but it seems like that rarely happens

Mine definitely felt like it was closed file, but it was nice cause I actually got to let them know who I was without them expecting things so they asked questions around things I said that were indicated in my application

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

just got an interview! are chances of acceptance low for interviewing this late?

Oh jeez...I submitted middle of September...guess there's next cycle :(

At this point I really doubt the date of completion has anything to do with II's. We've all been reviewed

Reactions: 5 users