2017-2018 Emory University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II a few hours ago! IS. Definitely wasn't expecting it. Complete late July

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
If I signed up for interest in the MPH program, am I interviewing for the MD/MPH thing?? Or just MD?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I’m out of luck here. Oh well. Good luck to those who are interviewing in February!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 8 users
II few hours ago. IS. Available dates are February 23rd and 26th. Completed early July. I have 10+ years of strong ties to Emory like multiple years of research, attended various summer courses/camps and competitions/tournaments. This is my first choice school. Extremely happy to get this II.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
I'm also a late July complete... fingers crossed!!

Reactions: 1 user
Your one on one interviewer only has your personal statement. The group interviewers don't know anything about you but get to look at your file briefly once the interview is over. If they have a question then they can call you back in, but it seems like that rarely happens
My group interviewers had read my personal statement

I have received a lot of weird emails this cycle, but this email is something else. :wtf:

Elaborate?
I just received this email for a program I didn't even apply to.
"Dear ,
Your application to the Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University has been forwarded to your first-choice department, , for review. Please continue to check your "To Do" list in opus for any other outstanding items which you may need to complete. In order to keep track of the status of your application be sure to check OPUS frequently. If your application is denied by your first- choice department, and you have indicated other departments of interest, we will notify you by email and automatically redirect your application to the subsequent department."
It didn't have my name in the email.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just received this email for a program I didn't even apply to.
"Dear ,
Your application to the Rollins School of Public Health at Emory University has been forwarded to your first-choice department, , for review. Please continue to check your "To Do" list in opus for any other outstanding items which you may need to complete. In order to keep track of the status of your application be sure to check OPUS frequently. If your application is denied by your first- choice department, and you have indicated other departments of interest, we will notify you by email and automatically redirect your application to the subsequent department."
It didn't have my name in the email.

Man, that's annoying! I remember calling the office (finally) after receiving my second notice that I was almost late on submitting my financial aid documents, and the person I talked was clearly frustrated with the situation. Did you check the "MPH" option on the application?

Man, that's annoying! I remember calling the office (finally) after receiving my second notice that I was almost late on submitting my financial aid documents, and the person I talked was clearly frustrated with the situation. Did you check the "MPH" option on the application?
Nope! They just decided to submit my application for the program.

Nope! They just decided to submit my application for the program.

No way! Did you at least get an interview for the medical program??

No way! Did you at least get an interview for the medical program??
No! Been in silence since July. It is OK I lost hope in this school anyway and unwatched the thread. But this email was really annoying.

No! Been in silence since July. It is OK I lost hope in this school anyway and unwatched the thread. But this email was really annoying.

Also, my favorite email this year has been Columbia's - just after they stopped sending interviews - they wanted me to look into their masters program that helped people looking to get into medical school. Funny guys, funny...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Also, my favorite email this year has been Columbia'

I got an email from Columbia just after they stopped sending interviews - they wanted me to look into their masters program that helped people looking to get into medical school. Funny guys, funny...
Yeah i got a few similar emails, but none of them decided to apply for me without asking. The worst mistake i made this cycle was allowing amcas to release my mcat score.

Anyone who interviewed on February 2nd hear anything? From what we were told I'm guessing decisions were sent out snail mail yesterday. Based on information found on this thread we should see a portal change today or tomorrow.:xf::xf:

Yeah i got a few similar emails, but none of them decided to apply for me without asking. The worst mistake i made this cycle was allowing amcas to release my mcat score.

In my head: A really good medical school that I want to go to will see my MCAT score and send me an email to recruit me

In reality: A really good medical school that I want to go to will see my MCAT score and spam me emails to recruit me to apply to their special masters programs

Reactions: 12 users
In my head: A really good medical school that I want to go to will see my MCAT score and send me an email to recruit me

In reality: A really good medical school that I want to go to will see my MCAT score and spam me emails to recruit me to apply to their special masters programs

Or send you 19 emails asking you to apply to their medical program, when they refuse to send you a secondary application (I'm looking at you Vanderbilt), right before rejecting you just a few weeks later...

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone who interviewed on February 2nd hear anything? From what we were told I'm guessing decisions were sent out snail mail yesterday. Based on information found on this thread we should see a portal change today or tomorrow.:xf::xf:
yes i got the portal change today :) i think it updates after 12 pm so check again!

Reactions: 2 users
yay! accepted to emory just now :)

Reactions: 5 users
If I interviewed late Jan and haven't seen a portal update is it safe to say I'll just have to wait till the next release date? Just trying to see if the portal update before an acceptance is universal

I checked my interview packet today and saw that March 5th is the last time the admission committee meets. Good luck to everyone still waiting post interview! We've got one more chance fam!

Reactions: 5 users
If I interviewed late Jan and haven't seen a portal update is it safe to say I'll just have to wait till the next release date? Just trying to see if the portal update before an acceptance is universal
Since Emory uses snail mall to notify people of acceptances, almost everyone sees the portal update before they get the letter in the mail. Sounds like portals update at noon the day after the admissions committee meets so that would have been on Tuesday

Withdrew my II today, best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 8 users
Is second look really in March 15? I've heard no word of it and figured with it so close they'd have something.

I swear to god if I get one more financial aid email from this school without an interview invite...

Reactions: 10 users
If you prefer, you can send an email to the sender's email id with "Remove Me From Financial Aid - ID: xxxx" in the subject line so that they will remove your email id from the mailing list. I just sent this Remove email to them.

Is second look really in March 15? I've heard no word of it and figured with it so close they'd have something.
I received an email recently stating that the Emory Revisited weekend (their version of second look) is March 15-16. I received the email from the multicultural medical student affairs office.

Anybody know where I can find Emory’s match list?
They also have it posted on their website, though not in traditional "list" format. It's an interactive map that you can click to see match locations/specialties. To get there, go to Emory's SOM page. Then click "Education". Then on the right-hand side, click "Emory DOCS". On that page, there is a link that says "Match Results".

I know the last interview day is next week, but does anyone know if there is a particular day of the week that IIs are sent out?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if Emory ever sends out a mass rejection? Just wondering if I'm ever going to hear from them lol

Does anyone know if Emory ever sends out a mass rejection? Just wondering if I'm ever going to hear from them lol

Yes. No applicant is rejected during the regular cycle - this is on their website.

Yes. No applicant is rejected during the regular cycle - this is on their website.
With the last interview date being next week does that mean everyone who has an II will have been notified already. AKA can I unwatch this thread now

With the last interview date being next week does that mean everyone who has an II will have been notified already. AKA can I unwatch this thread now

They’ll still need to invite people after cancellations, but yeah all the interview dates are full

hahaha I love this

Pretty sure the mass rejection will come out end of March. Although the last interview date is Monday so if you didn't get an ii you can assume its an R.