2016-2017 Wright State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received a pre-II rejection?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know when Nov 8 interview decisions are made?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they still do the block curriculum? Are they planning any big curriculum changes anytime soon? I'm interviewing at a school that will be trying something brand new next year and I'm not too thrilled about the idea.

Does anyone know if they still do the block curriculum? Are they planning any big curriculum changes anytime soon? I'm interviewing at a school that will be trying something brand new next year and I'm not too thrilled about the idea.
Based on what was said at the interview...the curriculum is going to be completely new for the incoming 2017 class & it is going to systems based instead of blocked

is it too late to submit a secondary here as an OOS? stats: 504/3.6cgpa/3.5sgpa

Reactions: 1 user
is it too late to submit a secondary here as an OOS? stats: 504/3.6cgpa/3.5sgpa

Might be a little late, but if you have the money to spare, it can't hurt.
On a side note, the secondary for this school is literally just a questionnaire. So if you're going to do it, send it in now.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just wanted to post on here that I interviewed here on Wednesday. I was complete September 22. This school is amazing! The environment is so friendly and it was a great experience. Only thing is that we don't hear back until after January 1 :(

Accepted!!!!!! Interviewed 11/1!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to post on here that I interviewed here on Wednesday. I was complete September 22. This school is amazing! The environment is so friendly and it was a great experience. Only thing is that we don't hear back until after January 1 :(

IS or OOS? Congrats on the interview! I was complete around the same time and am still hoping for a II!

Has anyone received any feedback from the Nov 8th interview date yet?

Does anyone know if wright state accepts updates pre II ? Thanks

Anyone still waiting for an interview invite from this school? I am IS. completed mid august. still waiting :(

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlisted today. Interviewed 11/9. Does anyone know if they will accept updates post interview between now and May?

Is anyone else still waiting for a letter from 11/9 interview group? Is it safe to say I'm either rejected post II or waitlisted since I didn't get an email notifying me to check my mail( especially since some have heard back)?

Does anyone know how to check the status of the secondary ? By which method do they send II?

Does anyone know how to check the status of the secondary ? By which method do they send II?
You would most likely have to call or email to check the status of your secondary. I received my II via email. Be sure to check your junk mail! I almost overlooked mine :lame:

Just got the acceptance email!

Interviewed on 11/29/16

Reactions: 7 users
Just got the acceptance email as well!! Interviewed 11/16

Accepted today as well! Interviewed on 11/15 and in-state.

So I am assuming if we did not get an email today we are either waitlisted or rejected? I interviewed not too long ago, and I love the school, but no sadly love in terms of an acceptance email today.

So I am assuming if we did not get an email today we are either waitlisted or rejected? I interviewed not too long ago, and I love the school, but no sadly love in terms of an acceptance email today.

When I was accepted (about a month ago), I never received an email. I only received the packet in the mail. So hopefully you may still get good news!

Also, does anyone know if there is a facebook page for accepted students?

So I know I had posted about this a few months earlier, but I am starting to worry now....I have been complete since mid-July and have heard nothing. Should I call admissions? Should I just assume I've been rejected? I wish I had a portal to check.

So I know I had posted about this a few months earlier, but I am starting to worry now....I have been complete since mid-July and have heard nothing. Should I call admissions? Should I just assume I've been rejected? I wish I had a portal to check.

I think just hang in there and have a Merry Christmas! There's a ton of us who have heard nothing from them.. They still give out interviews in January/February I believe

Just got my II and I am so excited! Are there any current students on this thread who would be willing to answer some questions?

I think just hang in there and have a Merry Christmas! There's a ton of us who have heard nothing from them.. They still give out interviews in January/February I believe
Yep, this afternoon was the first I've heard from them. My email said there will be interviews every Tuesday and Wednesday all through January and February. Don't lose hope!

Would you attend Wright State over Cincinatti? I loved both interviews but Cinci was a clear winner for me. Unfortunately, I got waitlisted so bleh.

Would you attend Wright State over Cincinatti? I loved both interviews but Cinci was a clear winner for me. Unfortunately, I got waitlisted so bleh.

I can't answer that until I come visit Wright State :) Would definitely give it a chance though, I've heard great things!

Hello, I am traversing my cycle through reading quite a bit of these forums and after obtaining no communication from Wright state, I am starting to grow concerned. They mention that I cannot inquire about application status but seeing that the end of interviews is drawing near, I am growing restless with my status. As of right now I really want to go into an MD school. Is there any way to relay my continued interest in this school?

For those who already interviewed, how far do you walk on the tour and do you go outside of the building around campus? It is supposed to be raining on my interview day and I am trying to decide what to wear.

For those who already interviewed, how far do you walk on the tour and do you go outside of the building around campus? It is supposed to be raining on my interview day and I am trying to decide what to wear.

It was all inside if I remember correctly, and the walk wasn't too long. I hope this helps lol

Hello, I am traversing my cycle through reading quite a bit of these forums and after obtaining no communication from Wright state, I am starting to grow concerned. They mention that I cannot inquire about application status but seeing that the end of interviews is drawing near, I am growing restless with my status. As of right now I really want to go into an MD school. Is there any way to relay my continued interest in this school?

Write a letter of intent/interest. Good luck!!

Hello Everyone,

I interviewed here on 11/30/16 and have yet to here back from them. At the interview, they said that I should hear back from them around the first week of January due to the holidays. I was wondering if anyone else has heard back from them near this interview date. Any information would be helpful. Thank you!