2016-2017 Wright State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
What is the time frame for hearing back? Just curious as schools are different. I have not interviewed.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

What is the time frame for hearing back? Just curious as schools are different. I have not interviewed.

It appears to me that if accepted the time frame is anywhere from 3-5 weeks after the interview....I'm not sure what the time frame is for rejection/waitlisted

So when do waitlist start to move

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know their last interview day?

Recently got an II! Does anyone know how much the deposit is here? Couldn't find anything on it.

They actually don't require a deposit! Or have never required one before, anyway. Congrats on your interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when second look is?

Last year there was no official second look day - the Admissions Office is exceedingly accommodating though and I'd be surprised if they weren't willing to arrange something for you if you'd like to know more or come by again! I'd recommend e-mailing them!

Can anyone confirm the last interview date? Or if they are done giving out interview invitations.

Can anyone confirm the last interview date? Or if they are done giving out interview invitations.
Dear Sir,

From what I understand, they will be conducting interviews until February 28th. That is from a message from the admissions office. However, they are a small school and very flexible, and pride themselves on their flexibility that it allows them. They may see fit to offer more interviews if they have not found the proper number of students by this time.

Dear Sir,

From what I understand, they will be conducting interviews until February 28th. That is from a message from the admissions office. However, they are a small school and very flexible, and pride themselves on their flexibility that it allows them. They may see fit to offer more interviews if they have not found the proper number of students by this time.
Alright, thank you.

Dear Sir,

they are still interviewing through mid March

The question we should be asking is... When is there more II movement hahaha

Reactions: 1 users
they are still interviewing through mid March

So I have been complete since late July, got an II in mid-February. At my interview, they said they were interviewing all the way into April! Hope that gives y'all some hope. Super friendly school.

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone figured out where they are going to live yet or found a roommate? The FB page is really quiet.

Has anyone figured out where they are going to live yet or found a roommate? The FB page is really quiet.
Don't even know where I'm going to school yet so that might be a reason for many people. It'll probably get more activity around may.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else that has NOT been accepted yet receive a financial aid postcard in the mail addressed to admitted/returning students? Perhaps it's just a mass mailing, but it seems a little odd, especially since it's referring to logging into an account that has not been assigned to us (yet...if ever).

Did anyone else that has NOT been accepted yet receive a financial aid postcard in the mail addressed to admitted/returning students? Perhaps it's just a mass mailing, but it seems a little odd, especially since it's referring to logging into an account that has not been assigned to us (yet...if ever).

+1

Also rejected, IS, complete in July. I think they're done with interviews, so probably shouldn't be a surprise. Bummed because this was one of my top choices going into this cycle, but extremely lucky to have been accepted elsewhere so not too sad.
Where you accepted to?

Anyone hear anything from WSU lately?

It seems like they're apparently finished with interviews - so I am guessing based on what they've done in the past that they should start putting together the wait list and sending out notifications in the next few weeks letting people know where they stand on it.

Do people get rejected post-interview? Or is everyone that is not accepted get put on the alternate list?

I received a letter stating that I was on standby/waitlist mid-March, and was just curious whether anyone else who is waitlisted knows what "tier" they are in yet?

I decided to treat this as basically a rejection, so that I wouldn't constantly remain anxious. But the hopeful part of me still wants to know what tier I'm in...:unsure:

I received a letter stating that I was on standby/waitlist mid-March, and was just curious whether anyone else who is waitlisted knows what "tier" they are in yet?

I decided to treat this as basically a rejection, so that I wouldn't constantly remain anxious. But the hopeful part of me still wants to know what tier I'm in...:unsure:

Yeah, the waiting is rough. I am in the same boat as you, and I have not heard anything since Feb/March. I believe the tiered letters go out in mid-April.

Has anyone been waitlisted but not yet received their position on it?

I got a letter today saying I was on the alternate list but unfortunately I'm in the bottom third. Based on what was said last year it seems I don't have a good shot, but still keeping my fingers crossed that something will work out!

Who do I email to withdraw my acceptance? Is it Dr. LeRoy?

Has anyone heard anything regarding scholarships?

Either merit based or need based ones. I saw the financial aid come through on their website but was curious if anyone knows about scholarships.